TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

The Incredible Threadable Egg

Guest Vitamin X

I don't think I had a "bacon slot" on mine...

And to be honest, it was actually pretty simple. You just pour in the water (the steam cooks the poached egg on a tiny tray), crack an egg, insert toast, then push the button that has both the toast and egg symbol on it. It actually waits for the water to simmer down enough so that it can start toasting the muffin (or bread if you rather) and have both be done at exactly the same time.

TECHNOLOGY!

I hate liquid egg. Scrambled, omelette, or not at all.

Coincidentally, I have an egg hookup where I get farm fresh badass eggs for a dollar a dozen. As a result, I have about 40 eggs in my fridge. Should I attempt quiche?

Yes. Quiche is good. The best thing is that you can put just about any leftover meat/veg from the fridge into it and it'll turn out good.

Usually, I get my eggs overeasy with toast. Eat the eggs and use the toast to sop up the yolks. Scrambled are OK. I haven't had a poached egg in a while. I make omelets when it's my week to make breakfast.

I'm a scrambled egg guy. Usually I can't stand over-easy but I've come around to it now (still never had sunny-side up though). Pepper is pretty much all I'll put on my eggs.

At home - scrambled w/ salsa con queso and ham.

At a resaurant, for breakfast, I'm usually at the whims of my drunken decision-making.

Guest Vitamin X

Pepper's a given? I always thought salt was the automatic thing you put on fried eggs.

Tabasco's for the most adventurous type like me.

Eggs Benedict! The hollandaise sauce is even egg based, so its eating like eating eggs on eggs!

Oh..and Im surprised no mention of:

Pickled eggs

Stratas - similar to quiche but its made with bread and has layers

Custards - sweet dish of course, but still..

I either make them scrambled with a pinch of pepper and a side of ketchup or an omelet with whatever cheese I have in my fridge, which is usually Colby Jack or American. I can't cook anything complex, but I have simple tastes so it works out for me in the end.

Pepper's a given? I always thought salt was the automatic thing you put on fried eggs.

Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Guest Vitamin X

Louisiana Hot Sauce.

I have Tapatio myself. Although I think a peppery hot sauce like Tabasco is better for eggs.

Hot Sauce is like, my favorite thing ever, though.

You made "Chicken in a Basket."

We called it "Bunny in a Hole."

I call it Fucking Delicious.

I'll comment on pickled eggs even though I've never actually had them. I'm sure I'd like them but I haven't seen them in a place that wasn't at least a little bit scuzzy. Maybe I should make my own pickled eggs some time.

I'll comment on pickled eggs even though I've never actually had them. I'm sure I'd like them but I haven't seen them in a place that wasn't at least a little bit scuzzy. Maybe I should make my own pickled eggs some time.

Get them homemade. I'm a little biased since it's a longstanding holiday tradition to have pickled eggs at my grandparents around the holidays, but I have never had a pickled egg at a bar that was any better than "decent" or "not bad". And yeah, the scuzzy bar rule seems to apply.

Louisiana Hot Sauce.

I have Tapatio myself. Although I think a peppery hot sauce like Tabasco is better for eggs.

Try the Louisiana, it's like a $1.00 or so and it's a little more vinegary than the tabasco. Though I love me some Tabasco on my eggs too.

Eggs Benedict! The hollandaise sauce is even egg based, so its eating like eating eggs on eggs!

I will second that. Also a bunch of diners here have variations on the classic recipe. Some offer avacado strips on it, hot sauce on it, and some mix bloody mary mix with that hollandaise sauce....good stuff right there.

Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Try the Louisiana, it's like a $1.00 or so and it's a little more vinegary than the tabasco. Though I love me some Tabasco on my eggs too.

I find the milder green tabasco to be ideal with eggs, especially scrambled.

I will second that. Also a bunch of diners here have variations on the classic recipe. Some offer avacado strips on it, hot sauce on it, and some mix bloody mary mix with that hollandaise sauce....good stuff right there.

Pineapple with eggs benedict is awesome

Guest Vitamin X

Louisiana Hot Sauce.

I find the milder green tabasco to be ideal with eggs, especially scrambled.

Scrambled eggs need to go with chorizo (or soyrizo in my case) or with cheese on top. But yeah, I like the mild green tabasco best of all. But only on fried eggs.

Over hard, or scrambled. I like hard-boiled eggs too, but I haven't had one in a long time.

I also add milk to eggs when scrambling, but I add water when scrambling them for an omelet. Omelets are awesome.

Guest Tact

I generally like eggs, but when eating out I always ask for scrambled eggs. Otherwise I cook eggs in a variety of ways when I'm in my own kitchen.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
Great Deals on Fitness and Weight Training Equipments

No no no no no no.

I generally like eggs, but when eating out I always ask for scrambled eggs. Otherwise I cook eggs in a variety of ways when I'm in my own kitchen.

I agree. I really don't trust people making eggs except for scrambled.

I used to always put salt and pepper on eggs, but then I stopped putting salt on anything, so now it's just pepper.