TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Guest Smues
Me to, only because I watched Doug Flutie play for the Calgary Stampeders as a youth... And I got a chance to met him. Nice guy.

That typo is really funny when you remember that we briefly had a filter on the board that turned 'rape' into 'met'

Poor Doug Flutie!

Guest Epic Narcissism

Dick Jauron needs to get Doug Flutie in the building and get his football information so that he can begin to get into an athletic rhythm.

The steroid dealer who cooperated with the feds about his suppliers, and with the NFL about his customers, was just found shot dead in his home, as well as his girlfriend:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3427526

That's pretty chilling stuff. I'd like to think this could sober up some of the players about what they're getting themselves into, but I'm not that naive.

See, this is a non story. the medical examiner just determined that he shot himself. Twice. Once in the stomach and once in the head....

See...Suicide.

Case closed.

Cedric Benson got arrested for drunken driving just about a month after that other arrest. What a moron.

Mark my words you'll find a mangled corpse around Soldier Field!

So where do the Bears go now? Alexander or Henry? Or do they just use what they've got.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

!

Can lightning strike twice?

Rex Grossman is a slow lazy gaywad. Cut him.

!

Can lightning strike twice?

Rex Grossman is a slow lazy gaywad. Cut him.

Maybe he will if the server gets moved again. Back to Houston with ye!

Mark my words you'll find a mangled corpse around Soldier Field!

So where do the Bears go now? Alexander or Henry? Or do they just use what they've got.

Looks like Matt Forte's gonna have to be the guy for the Bears.

See, this is a non story. the medical examiner just determined that he shot himself. Twice. Once in the stomach and once in the head....

See...Suicide.

Case closed.

Clearly the first time he shot himself in the stomach by mistake. However he felt so stupid about accidentally shooting himself that he slipped into a rapid state of depression and couldn't stand to live a life having to tell the story of how he mistakenly shot himself in the stomach. So he committed suicide.

I watch CSI: Miami, I know I'm right.

And so now I guess Cedric Benson and David Carr are in a foot race for biggest bust of the decade. Carr is leading since he can't seem to figure out to take off the stupid glove and throw the damn football to the guys wearing the same jersey he is.

And so now I guess Cedric Benson and David Carr are in a foot race for biggest bust of the decade. Carr is leading since he can't seem to figure out to take off the stupid glove and throw the damn football to the guys wearing the same jersey he is.

Can you even call Carr a bust? I mean, Houston had to take a quarterback with that top pick, it's just what you're expected to do as an expansion team. That draft class didn't have a single quarterback worth taking, they were just unlucky (who were they supposed to take, Joey Harrington? Josh McCown?).

If you want a bust that year, look at Mike Williams at #4, 3 spots above Bryant McKinnie and 6 above Levi Jones, people actually still playing their position in the league.

Sad to think, though, that if Houston had come into the league a year earlier they'd have taken Michael Vick, and if they'd come in a year later they would have had Carson Palmer.

I don't know if Benson can completely qualify as bust until he goes and underproduces for another team. Then again, that's probably pretty likely to happen.

Well I guess to play for another team he has to make sure Goodell doesn't suspend his ass.

I'll agree with Mike Williams as the leader in the clubhouse regarding busts. Some people were labelling him as a Randy Moss type WR and he ended up being a slower, less sure handed version of Keyshawn Johnson instead. The only guy whose stock plummeted faster from the college game to the NFL was Maurice Clarett.

I don't even remember the Mike Williams you were talking about which is a pretty big indictment on his career as a # 4 overall pick. What are the odds of two atrocious picks having the same name 3 years apart? I didn't think the WR was drafted at # 4 but it seemed possible since the guy was rumored to be the # 1 pick if the court hadn't kept him out of the draft.

Guest Vitamin X

Rogers was great when he wasn't breaking his fucking collarbone all the time.

Carr was far from a total bust- dude had absolutely NO line protection. Even Peyton Manning wasn't all that great in his first season before Indy built an o-line in front of him to let him get rid of the ball, and Carr at least was tough enough to take all those sacks and keep going. `Course now he's a shell of what he could've been, which is quite sad since if he went on any other team, he could've possibly been a really good player.

Rogers was great when he wasn't breaking his fucking collarbone all the time.

Carr was far from a total bust- dude had absolutely NO line protection. Even Peyton Manning wasn't all that great in his first season before Indy built an o-line in front of him to let him get rid of the ball, and Carr at least was tough enough to take all those sacks and keep going. `Course now he's a shell of what he could've been, which is quite sad since if he went on any other team, he could've possibly been a really good player.

I was with you until his stint in Carolina pretty much disallowed any belief he had something inside of him (even though the Carolina line might have been WORSE than the Texan line this year). I would point more to the genius thinking of changing his throwing motion + being a human tackling dummy + being the franchise quarterback of an expansion franchise + unrealistic Texan fans equaling out to being a disaster waiting to happen.

And Charles Rodgers was a mess. Broke his collarbone twice and had repeated drug offenses. Man, this decade honestly has had a LOT of potential to being busts. I really thought Joey Harrington had it all wrapped up but damn, he got bypassed by everyone.

David Carr's work ethic is/was somewhat lacking as well. Since he's left town, there's been several of his former teammates call him out on being the first one out of the locker room after practice instead of staying late for extra film study that is typical of most quarterbacks. Many of them doubt his heart was ever into playing in the NFL.