TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

Worst Excuse for a Face Turn

The worst was the Dudleys turning face in WWF because Bubba was a sociopath who developed a sudden obsession with powerbombing Trish through a table.

Candice Michelle was a heel until he got eaten out by a stripper at the DX 4th of July Party in '06, then she became a face with no explanation.

Candice Michelle was a heel until he got eaten out by a stripper at the DX 4th of July Party in '06, then she became a face with no explanation.

That seems to happen with just about any diva.

I remember Trish being a heel before she was injured around May 2005 and Viscera splashed her at Judgment Day after losing to Kane. Then she came back close to Unforgiven on Raw as a face again for no reason.

NWA, 1988. Dick Murdoch suddenly turns face, and it's revealed that Dusty Rhodes talked him into turning face in response to Barry Windham becoming a heel and joining the Four Horsemen.

I don't recall Murdoch being anything but a JTTS after his turn.

The worst was the Dudleys turning face in WWF because Bubba was a sociopath who developed a sudden obsession with powerbombing Trish through a table.

I didn't mind this. They didn't really change their heelish behavior (which made them popular in the first place), and Trish and T&A had been fucking with him before they finally got her.

Rikishi's face turn in 01 was about the worst I can remember. Rather than come up with a legit reason for him to turn, they bring him out basically admitted they fucked up and tried to beg people to cheer him again. As bad as the heel turn, I think that actually hurt him worse.

That and the Kane stuff...

UT turning face because Jake the Snake wanted to his Elizabeth with a chair........I mean come on UT hardly seemed like the type to give a shit....

UT turning face because Jake the Snake wanted to his Elizabeth with a chair........I mean come on UT hardly seemed like the type to give a shit....

Heck, they had to have some reason for Taker to absolutely destroy Roberts a few months later at Wrestlemania.

Guest TheFabulousJakey
Mickey James turning Face in 2006 for really no explainable reason at all

They had her drop the belt in Virginia so she'd be a de facto face that night, and the fans always hated Lita more than they hated her, so it stuck. But yeah, it was weird that all of a sudden she went from dangerous psycho to "that Mickie sure is wacky"!

Candice's "official" face turn was as a guest ref in a pointless divas match where she got into it with Mickie (who was still a heel at that point) after the bout.

Perry Saturn getting a concussion and falling in love with a mop was quite odd.

Guest Smues
Perry Saturn getting a concussion and falling in love with a mop was quite odd.

Rabbits eat lettuce so they can have babies!

I quite like UT's face turn in 1992. It was a key moment in establishing UT's character and parameters. While he was fine with shoving a man into a coffin or bodybag, the idea of hitting a woman with a chair was beneath him.

I quite like UT's face turn in 1992. It was a key moment in establishing UT's character and parameters. While he was fine with shoving a man into a coffin or bodybag, the idea of hitting a woman with a chair was beneath him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he getting the equivalent of face reactions even as a heel? I mean Taker always had the crowd giving the "Holy shit... this guy is way different" vibe.

I want to play along too.

*Saturn storms into Regals office, looking all pissed off. He immediately calms down and says

Saturn: British people fight dragons........so they don't get all firey..........

Regal: Yes, thank you, that's bloody marvelous.

Saturn: You're Welcome

I loved Saturn's tard gimmick.

*Saturn storms into Regals office, looking all pissed off. He immediately calms down and says

Saturn: British people fight dragons........so they don't get all firey..........

He had a line about mustard, if I recall, that always cracked me up.

How about Tommy Dreamer inexplicably becoming a face after returning to television after the brand split because he was "the regular guy that did gross stuff". Why are we supposed to cheer a guy who drinks a cup of the Undertaker's spit? Luckily this gimmick didn't last more than a month or two before he was back to being the likeable hardcore jobber.

It was funny until the damn mop was added to his character.

What about Vader's face turn? Seriously, there could've been better reasons for him to turn face or even NOT AT ALL in my opinion in 1997.

What about Vader's face turn? Seriously, there could've been better reasons for him to turn face or even NOT AT ALL in my opinion in 1997.

Or Vader's face turn at the end of his WCW run.

Guest Smues

Wasn't the Saturn brain damage thing his punishment for working too stiff on somebody?