TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

ECW on Sci-Fi HD -- January 22, 2008

Re: Chavo's not a draw.

He doesn't have to be. They don't have their own exclusive shows that would require the champion to be a draw.

Why would Punk even want to mess with getting a rematch from Chavo? This nonsense tonight was the main way to get the belt off Punk without hurting him any. I'm assuming he veers more into the SD title scene, but I don't know how he would fit into it long term.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

CHAVO!!!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

How did I know before I even read your post that you'd be excited for this new development?

Fucking formulatic posting by KOAB.

Why would Punk even want to mess with getting a rematch from Chavo? This nonsense tonight was the main way to get the belt off Punk without hurting him any. I'm assuming he veers more into the SD title scene, but I don't know how he would fit into it long term.

Booking 101; When a Champion becomes a former champion because his belt was stolen from him, the new former wants revenage and his title back.

Booking 101; When a Champion becomes a former champion because his belt was stolen from him, the new former wants revenage and his title back.

You would also assume he would have the 'automatic rematch' clause and has an interest in using it.

You would also assume he would have the 'automatic rematch' clause and has an interest in using it.

Plus you would also have to take in that if Punk said "Screw this world title, I want this other world title instead." it would hurt the ECW title and Chavo as champion a lot.

Plus you would also have to take in that if Punk said "Screw this world title, I want this other world title instead." it would hurt the ECW title and Chavo as champion a lot.

Since when has WWE booking ever feared hurting the prestige of the ECW title or its champion? In the greater WWE hierarchy, ECW's belt is upper midlevel at best.

I'd love Benjamin and Burke to become a tag team and go agter the straps, however with Punk working with Benjamin on the house show circuit, I think they're setting up a Punk vs Benjamin title feud for WM.

I hate how Burke is getting left behind after "bringing" Benjamin ton ECW.

I don't think Punk drops the strap - I think Punk will bring out Mysterio to be his "second" tonight to neutralize Edge. Only reason I could see Edge dropping the title is to set-up in inclusion in the RR. I think we'll see something more along the lines of "You TRIED to screw me out of my title, however since I love competition and am a good guy I'd going to ender the RR and win to come after your title Edge. Did I mention I love competition".

They need to do something with Benjamin soon. Any of these scenarios would work well.

What do you mean, "do something"? They have been pushing him towards a title chase by squashing people left and right as well as broadcasting his intention to win the world title. It's one of the rare occurancies that Benjamin had a direction in his career.

I just meant they needed to do something other than a squash match, that's all.

No, it's simple...Punk is mad at Edge for costing him the belt, so he goes after Edge. Not that complicated.

Only thing that I disliked about the match was Edge took Punk out with just one spear, and then Chavo took time to pin him. Edge should have at least given him a DDT or something as well.

No, it's simple...Punk is mad at Edge for costing him the belt, so he goes after Edge. Not that complicated.

Only thing that I disliked about the match was Edge took Punk out with just one spear, and then Chavo took time to pin him. Edge should have at least given him a DDT or something as well.

I thought Punk should have kicked out once, but I guess his rib was bruised or broken.

Re: Chavo's not a draw.

He doesn't have to be. They don't have their own exclusive shows that would require the champion to be a draw.

I meant television draw. If Punk is off chasing Edge on SD (and why would their feud continue on ECW programming?) I really think that will hurt ratings, ecpeically with the champ usually wrestling every week on ECW, usually in the ME spot.

I've stated before that I'm a fan of Chavo... quit getting your panties in a bunch over who I like.

Show me some evidence of this claim of your liking Chavo Guerrero.

Well, the bottom line is that if Punk is no longer regularly a main feature on ECW, that show is screwed. They don't have any sort of believable main event babyface to plug in there. I mean, Tommy Dreamer or Kofi Kingston aren't going to cut it. Since ECW/Smackdown are basically the same promotion now, I expect Punk to be on both shows. Maybe they bee-line Ron Killings into the main event there, but who knows how well that will go over?

I've stated before that I'm a fan of Chavo... quit getting your panties in a bunch over who I like.

Show me some evidence of this claim of your liking Chavo Guerrero.

REALLY?

I don't mind Punk losing the belt. He held it for quite a while, and lost in a way where he's not going to lose any heat. They could've made a lot worse choice than putting the belt on Chavo, anyway.

I fuckin hate Edge's spear. If it was a transistional/setup move, that'd be fine, but as a FINISHER, it sucks!!! If it's so effective when Edge does it, why wouldn't Jim Duggan, Chuck Palumbo, Trevor Murdoch, ect use the spear and really break some bones.

I agree. Edge just doesn't have the body mass to make the spear look believable as a finisher. Plus, he used to do the impaler DDT, which looked a lot more believable as a finisher, anyway.

Punk's immediate concern in regaining the ECW Title because it is a title he cherished and lost by dubious means, both as a way to prove to himself he deserves it and to prove to his non-tobacco, non-alcohol, non-drug using fans that he is better than Chavo.

Once he wins by DQ he will go after Edge. This will be at No Way Out. He will lose by dubious means.

"Edge just doesn't have the body mass to make the spear look believable as a finisher."

Bullshit. Find a clip of him hitting RHYNO with it on Raw sometime around 2005, right when he was breaking out the Edgelock submission (he made Rhyno submit to it). Rhyno, being a longtime friend of Edge's, sold it like a million bucks.

I have to agree, though, that most of the admittingly larger opponents of Edge take the spear as a set-up maneuever, which, BTW, is usually what it is.