TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slabinskia

WRESTLEMANIA

With the rumble coming up that means it's almost time for the road to wrestlemania to start. We all have our favorite wm matches like the original ladder match to bret/austin to savage/steamboat. We also have lesser moments that don't go talked about that make the ppv or match extra special. Name some of your favorite wrestlemania moments. Here are a few to start.

Mean Gene anouncing the attendance record at wm3.

The ref explaining the rules to both wrestlers before the ironman match started at wm12

Ultimate Warrior returning at wm8

The mini carts at wm3,6

Vince thanking the fans for there support at wm20

I love the mini-carts and wish they would use them again.

Other moments -

-Butterbean, a fellow Alabama native, DESTROYING Bart Gunn in the same match that saw Gorilla Monsoon get a hero's response in his last appearence.

-Whenever they would say "We have people from (fill in the number) different countries here tonight", and then they would show some of them in the crowd. Things like that always gave an impression of how big the event actually was.

-Andre the Giant getting to leave his last Wrestlemania to the cheers of the fans in Skydome.

-Having Bobby Hennan and Gene Okerlund do the Gimmick Battle Royale.

-During said Battle Royale, Michael Hayes coming out in full Freebirds garb to the sound of "Badstreet USA" and the cheers of the Houston crowd.

-A recent thing they've done is the Hall of Fame class segment. I love hearing the fans give props to the legends. The one I most remember is how big a pop Greg Valentine got at Wrestlemania XX. You could tell it kind of took him off guard.

-Andre the Giant getting to leave his last Wrestlemania to the cheers of the fans in Skydome.

Hate to nitpick but I'm 90% sure Andre was in The Big Bossman's corner against Mr. Perfect the next year at WrestleMania VII.

Hate to nitpick but I'm 90% sure Andre was in The Big Bossman's corner against Mr. Perfect the next year at WrestleMania VII.

Well, last Wrestlemania as an active competitor.

Both Warrior's returns at 8 and 12 had me going.

Bret v. Piper from 8: "Piper, remember that old saying: 'What the hell, use the bell!'"

Flair's and Perfect's post match beatdown on Savage after he won the belt (As you can tell, I love me some WM8).

The double clothesline spot from Hogan/Warrior. I had never seen that before this match and I've had a soft spot for it ever since.

Pete Rose returning at XV, and also HHH's turn on X-Pac if that counts.

Christian beating Mighty Molly for the Hardcore Belt at X8.

Kane's city of fire at WMXX. Also Trish aligning with Christian.

Shawn Michael's entrance at Wrestlemania 12. Zipline FTW!

HHH's Conan the Barbarian entrance at Wrestlemania 22

Brock's SSP attempt

*Edit* Yea, Kane's burning NYC was badass.

Some guy's World title win at WMXX as well. His name escapes me......

- Flair doing a People's Elbow/crazy old man Strut hybrid at WM XX

- Edge shaking after the match with Foley at WM 22

- CM Punks cameo as a gangster during Cena's entrance at WM 22

- Linda standing up at WM 17 to a crazy pop

- Jericho doing the Sweet Chin Music at WM XIX

- Bret walking over the shattered glass during his entrance at WM 13

- DDP winning at WM X8 and then going into the crowd, he looked so freaking happy

Unsung WrestleMania moments that I personally love.

- Run DMC performing the "WrestleMania Rap" in Atlantic City.

- The camera following the Blue Blazer for what seems like an eternity all the way to the ring at WrestleMania V

- The Bolsheviks and Steve Allen with a piano in the men's room at WrestleMania VI. We can't even pin this one on Vince Russo.

- Two Doinks at WrestleMania IX. FTW!

- Todd Pettengill in a toga drenched with beer interviewing people in the crowd. Like watching MTV Spring Break or something. Yokozuna #1!

- WrestleMania X was one of the features of my thirteenth birthday party, so every minute of it was special for me. Best opening match for any card, ever!

- I think that Jarrett vs. Ramon is likely the most underrated WrestleMania match that I can think of.

- Any of Pete Rose's appearances. I was sick about the fact that he didn't show up at X-Seven.

- Motorhead showing up at WrestleMania X-Seven was the shit. I didn't know about it in advance (did the WWF advertise it?), so I marked out hard.

- DDP and Edge both competing in the SkyDome at WrestleMania X8, twelve years after they were both there in a spectator/limo driver capacity.

- The ladders on fire during Kane's entrance at WrestleMania 21. I like fire.

- The Chicago crowd for WrestleMania 22 made the event so much more fun, especially Trish/Mickie and HHH/Cena.

- Anybody else love MVP's entrance at WM23 last year? I did!

WrestleMania VII intermission hijinx:

- Vince's sketch w/ Paul McGuire and George Steinbrenner regarding instant replay "What a butthead". And the Bushwhackers' cameo was awesome. "I still don't know Cousin Butch!"

- Regis interviews Taker/Bearer "C'mon guys, we're dyin out here" . . . Trebek interviews Demolition w/ Smash making all these goofy faces at the camera as Trebek explains Jeopardy . . . Regis interviews Tenyru and Kitao "Kathy Lee?" . . . Trebek finally interviews Jake who has Damien scare him off . . . Finally, the capper was Bobby Heenan laughing hysterically as it was him who arranged those interviews.

- The Chicago crowd for WrestleMania 22 made the event so much more fun, especially Trish/Mickie and HHH/Cena.

Which reminds me, the shot of that one shocked fan's face after HHH taps cracks me up everytime I see it.

HBK repeatedly flashing the nWo/Kliq sign during his WM13 entrance had me going crazy back in the day.

Re: Eucker

Totally agree w/ that one. Moreso during WMIV as he had an expanded role. "This looks like the final cutdown day in Spring Training to me" and who can forget "For what you did to that dog, the ASPCKGBY oughta be on you forever!". Not to mention him pissing off Andre and getting strangled in a clip that gets replayed dozens of times every year.

- Undertaker's entrance at WMXX. One of the best hyped returns in history.

- Shelton Benjamin's Spider-Man leap onto the ladder at WM22.

- The crowd going insane for Hogan after he throws out the first offensive move against Rock at WM18.

- Lawler screaming out "CALL 911!" during the Nation/Ahmed & LOD street fight at WM13.

- The ECW Originals coming through the crowd during their entrance at WM23

- Undertaker LEAP-FROGGING over A-Train at WM19.

More to come.

The footage of Mr. Fuji at the Wrestlemania marathon race. I think it was Wrestlemania 5. Him doing the whole race while in his suit. The Lord Alfred Hayes saying he cheated.

Mickie copping a feel to block the Stratusfaction

Well, I guess that I have to post this again.

mickievwm.gif

And fuck me for not illustrating my love of Andre choking the shit out of Mr. baseball.

"Some guy named Vance White."

Flair's and Perfect's post match beatdown on Savage after he won the belt (As you can tell, I love me some WM8).

"This is what makes you tick... This is what makes you tick... THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOU TICK!"

As someone who generally hates promos, I always mark out for that one...

Another favorite WMVIII moment: Finkel announcing Taker as he comes down to the ring.

"From Death Valley. Weighing three hundred twenty-eight pounds: thee... UUUUUN-DER-TAK-ER!"

And then the bells chime, right on cue; still a mark-out moment for this thirty-something...

Undertaker's entrance at Wrestlemania X-7 is a classic. Nothing quite like a crowd (what was it, 70,000+?) going batshit crazy for his Biker entrance.

The Motorhead appearance at the show was quite the surprise as well. I always chuckle watching HHH go from big tough badass to a fanboy upon making his entrance with his favorite band playing his theme, live.

Actually, WM X-Seven is almost one big markout moment for me. Loved the entire show.

Even though the show itself is downright terrible, I thought WrestleMania IX's atmosphere was one of the best. Heenan coming out backwards on a camel and The Undertaker's entrance were two of the few highlights in one of the worst WrestleManias.

I also chuckle everytime I watch WrestleMania X when The Fink comes out with the toupee.

Even though the show itself is downright terrible, I thought WrestleMania IX's atmosphere was one of the best. Heenan coming out backwards on a camel and The Undertaker's entrance were two of the few highlights in one of the worst WrestleManias.

I also chuckle everytime I watch WrestleMania X when The Fink comes out with the toupee.

Wasn't IX where Taker basically had a live raven or crow as part of his entrance? I remember that being such a cool touch to an already awesome entrance.

Austin's WrestleMania 13 enterance with the glass shattering and Jerry Lawler's "Whoa, Whoa"

The Rock talking to Austin after WrestleMania XIX...I always wondered what he said to Austin...

WrestleMania 2: When Adrian Adonis was being chased around the ring by Uncle Elmer as Elmer's music played on in the background. It reminds me of something out of a John Water's film. Where are the chickens?!

Even though the show itself is downright terrible, I thought WrestleMania IX's atmosphere was one of the best.

+1. It's probably because I was only 7 and that was when I first started watching regularly, but to this day, there's no WM (except maybe X7 or XX) that felt like as much of an event to me.

My other favorites are LOD returning in the battle royale at XIV, and Piper strapping the belt on Bret at VIII.

Austin's WrestleMania 13 enterance with the glass shattering and Jerry Lawler's "Whoa, Whoa"

The Rock talking to Austin after WrestleMania XIX...I always wondered what he said to Austin...

In that documentary they did on Wrestlemania, Rock told Austin that he loved him and thanked him for putting him over.

The final few minutes of Rock v. Austin 3 are great stuff. I love that third Rock Bottom Rock does, where everyone knows that it's over.

Arguably Jake Robert's most well known promo at Wrestlemania VI AKA "Wallowing in the muck of avarice."

Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan's back and forth at Wrestlemania VIII over Indiana.

-Brain: I'm Indiana's favorite Bobby. I could get the high school basketball team to win a game.

Gorilla: You couldn't hold Bobby Knight's towel.

Brain: Who?

Austin's use of the Million Dollar Dream after four and a half year absence, and the Bret Hart callback via Rock's subsequent counter at Wrestlemania X-7.

John Cena's Pre-Show promo at WM XIX.

Paul Bearer's return at WM XX.

The "return" of the old Shawn Michaels in his match with Vince at WM XXII.

Booker, the egocentric heel, choosing to save Sharmell rather than grab the briefcase in MITB III at Wrestlemania 23. (Actually that whole match is full of great character moments with Matt egging on Jeff to destroy Edge, Finlay's reliance and subsequent concern over Hornswoggle).