TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

UFC Fight Night - Florian v. Lauzon

Updated the card on the main page. FWIW, GracieFighter is reporting that Nate Diaz has been added against a fighter to be named shortly, although that's debatable considering the already stacked card. This would make much more sense for either 84 or possibly 83.

As it is, Spike better extend this to three hours.

Updated the card on the main page. FWIW, GracieFighter is reporting that Nate Diaz has been added against a fighter to be named shortly, although that's debatable considering the already stacked card. This would make much more sense for either 84 or possibly 83.

As it is, Spike better extend this to three hours.

According to MMAJunkie, it's now 3 hours

And apparently, Diaz is facing Kurt Pelligrino.

It looks great on paper, but who knows how it will span out. Stacking a good card that looks good on paper, has not fair well for the UFC before. So don't get too excited about this card.

Manny Gamburyan vs Jeff Cox is added to this show upping the card to a (I believe) history-making 12 fights.

Clearly someone thought that the Armenian-American community was underrepresented on this card. Why else add Gamburyan?

For anyone looking to d/l the undercard fights, I do have a couple of invites available for TorrentBully, which is pretty good for getting the PPV and dark matches. I believe that the upload/download rules are the same as PWTorrents.

I can vouch for the site. He hooked me up with an invite about a month or so ago and I've found alot of good stuff. You get every major card, the prelims, and there's a lot of old Pride stuff on there.

Fisher OUT with motherfucking shoulder injury. Replacement is Jim Miller. FARK. Poor Kingfish.

At least it wasn't being televised; still sucks for Spencer though. I can't believe that this show is going to have a three-hour slot. With fights like Irvin/Alexander, it would be hard to believe that they won't show more than just the one swing bout if they don't fill up the entire three hours. Unfortunately, I can see them just throwing a bunch of commercial breaks and promos in there to kill time.

Maybe it's because the full card was finalized so friggin' long ago but I had forgotten just how awesome this card is for free TV.

Nice early 7 PM start time means this will be getting started practically right when I get home from work. Very nice.

Quick predictions:

Houston via TKO; R1

Pellegrino via UD

Thiago over Karo by TKO; R2

Edgar via UD

As for the main event: I really want Lauzon to win but I have a feeling he's just not ready for Ken-Flo. Florian by KO; R3

Houston, TKO R1- I imagine Irvin will try and keep the distance and use his sharper kickboxing skills but Hou-A says "Uh-uh" and just bullrushes him and goes hood on him.

Pellegrino, DEC- Nate is tough in all areas but I think that he's not good enough in any one place to take out Kurt. Wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz pull another quick submission out of his hat, though.

Boetsch, TKO R2- Le Boetsch stuffs Hammil's takedowns and lights him up standing until he crumples.

Alves, DEC- I'm torn on this one as Karo could certainly take it but I don't think he'll have an answer for Alves' leg kicks and boxing. Having said that if it's established early on that Karo can take Thiago down at will he'll grapple-rape him for three rounds.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't call the main event as I just spent 5 minutes changing between Kenny and Baby Joe so I ain't pickin on that one.

Florian, RND 2 TKO - Lauzon will come out strong, but Florian will beatdown Lauzon with elbows as the fight goes on.

Karo, RND 3 Rear Naked Choke - Yes Karo finally finishes a fight.

Hamill, UD - I'm not sold on either fighters, its just a random pick

Diaz, RND 3 Triangle Choke - Pellegrino will control Diaz for most of the fight, but Diaz will pull of the victory in the 3rd round.

Alexander, RND 1 KO - Alexander will just overwhelm James Irvin

Perlims:

Edgar UD - Gray is tough, but Edgar has more experience with top competition. After this fight, I want to see Edgar/Huerta.

Thomas RND 1 Armbar - Thomas picks apart Neer on his feet, and then Neer takes it to the ground which is a big time mistake

Aurelio RND 1 Triangle Choke - I never heard of Ryan Roberts, but he has a retarded nickname ("Are You Ready?").

Gamburyan RND 1 by whatever he wants - I heart Manny.

Guida RND 1 TKO - Guida is going to come out balls out and overwhelm Schiavo... You know he wants to prove something after that loss to Huerta.

Sotiropoulos UD - I don't really know much about Mitichyan, shame we didnt get to see more of him in Season 6...

Johnson RND 1 KO - My upset call of the night, its a pretty evenly match contest, as they are both pretty much the same fighter with good wrestling backgrounds, and KO power. But I think Johnson is faster, and his speed will be the deciding factor, as he crushes Speer with one of his right hands.

I haven't been excited for this show for the simple reason that more time for UFC just means more time wasting. We MAY get an extra fight that we wouldn't otherwise, but we'll get more celebrities and other BS to eat up that time just as much.

This show's already been off to a rip roaring start. Four minutes of hype, then a *PREVIEW FOR A MOVIE* and then commercials.

UFC needs to tune up their time management badly. If there's one area where UFC falls behind Elite XC and even the newer Japanese promotions, that's it. Outside of hyping stuff, Elite pretty much goes Fight/Fight/Fight. Where in UFC it's Hype/Fight/Random BS for several minutes/Hype.

Ten minutes in and we're getting intros...so I guess that's not too bad, but we'll see.

They need to give up on Houston. He was owned in his first UFC loss, but this was just a humbling. Fighters have figured out how to beat him. Hit him first. Not exactly a hard concept.

That Diaz/Pellegrino (...sp?) fight was REALLY good.

Going for a high-crotch on a guy like Diaz is among the dumbest things I've seen in a while. Regardless, good job on Diaz's part for surviving the first round, though I've previously said that Pellegrino simply cannot win a fight when he doesn't close the show quicky.

I think Diaz really proved himself there. He hung in after a really tough first round and caught Pellegrino in a mistake.

At 22, sky's the limit.