TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

I must have seen an older video of Macho from his website recently before he basically took everything off there. I thought it was recent, and he was ripped. He had the roids working for him big time. It was a promo from a gym and he ripped on Hogan and Triple H. I think it was posted as a link from one of our forums. Anyone know what I'm talking about or maybe have it saved?

Those pictures of Randy Savage are from December 2005. It was some children's event he did in Florida where he read some Christmas stories to a bunch of kids and then signed autographs afterwards.

I think Killings can pull off the militant black guy off pretty well. It's when he tried to be a babyface rapper he goes to shit. I believe he has a tongue stud/ring as well, which effects his pronunciation.

Also worth pointing out is that Raw doesn't have one active black wrestler on it's roster. Ron Simmons is listed, but he's in rehab right now.

Also Drillbit Taylor is now on the Raw Roster in one of those silly promotional gimmicks.

I must have seen an older video of Macho from his website recently before he basically took everything off there. I thought it was recent, and he was ripped. He had the roids working for him big time. It was a promo from a gym and he ripped on Hogan and Triple H. I think it was posted as a link from one of our forums. Anyone know what I'm talking about or maybe have it saved?

Miss Macho Madness... I think it was summer of 04

Yeah, it was from late 2003/early 2004.

He should've went with Kawalimus Killings.

I actually got a PM from Kawalimus chastising me for using his name as a tag in my YouTube video I made in jest for the Worst Poster Tournament, and warning me to "never do that again."

Also Drillbit Taylor is now on the Raw Roster in one of those silly promotional gimmicks.

I remember when they did that with Nacho Libre, and people on here were adamantly sure that Jack Black was going to do a match in WWE.

I remember when they did that with Nacho Libre, and people on here were adamantly sure that Jack Black was going to do a match in WWE.

Didn't King Leonidas stay on the roster for a while as well?

He should've went with Kawalimus Killings.

I actually got a PM from Kawalimus chastising me for using his name as a tag in my YouTube video I made in jest for the Worst Poster Tournament, and warning me to "never do that again."

You should have posted that in the "amusing pm's" thread from last week.

The forecast for WM24 just took a turn for the worst. They still call for a 30% chance of rain with isolated thunderstorms during the day, but now instead of a mostly clear night, they are now calling for a 30% chance of showers all night.

The forecast for WM24 just took a turn for the worst. They still call for a 30% chance of rain with isolated thunderstorms during the day, but now instead of a mostly clear night, they are now calling for a 30% chance of showers all night.

well, if it rains during WrestleMania, don't ever plan on seeing another outdoors WWE PPV for a long, long time....if ever

I figured the Citrus Bowl was going to be a risky venue for Wrestlemania all along.

Sure, the ringside area's getting covered, but the fans will still be exposed to the rain.

well, that's a brilliant move by the WWE having an open event in Hurricane country. Maybe he can hold Summerslam somewhere outside in Kansas.

Florida at this time of the year has about the same potential to have tornadoes as does Kansas. Hurricane season doesn't start until June.

It's isolated thunderstorms. That's not the same as a forecast for straight rain. This obsession with the long term forecast is silly. At least wait until the day before when you can get a detailed forecast.

As it is, WWE has held events in rain before. The Sammartino/Morales show was held in miserable weather.

well, that's a brilliant move by the WWE having an open event in Hurricane country. Maybe he can hold Summerslam somewhere outside in Kansas.

Florida at this time of the year has about the same potential to have tornadoes as does Kansas. Hurricane season doesn't start until June.

in the future, do this stuff in Arizona, Texas or California.

Would it not be funny if the weather behaved itself throughout the entire evening, and then, right before the Triple Threat Main Event entrances, all hell broke loose?

I was at RAW this past Monday and got to see the Killings vs London match. He was indeed announced as Ron Killings, and came out to some generic rock music, wearing his old TNA attire of baggy black cargo pants with "Kwik" on the back of them. Killings actually got a respectable pop when he came out, and his wrestling was spot-on. He would hit a move on London, then do some dancing, and repeat. Finally, London snuck-in a drop toe hold, and did the robot. Good stuff from both guys. Killings did his usually Booker T inspired offense, and looked really good. I can see him being brought to TV very soon.

Would it not be funny if the weather behaved itself throughout the entire evening, and then, right before the Triple Threat Main Event entrances, all hell broke loose?

With a roof over the ring, the match itself would be protected... the fans, though, might scatter.

Still, storms in the south at this point of the year are a come and go thing. It might rain real hard, if that, for five minutes or so and then stop as if nothing had happened.

HHH was on Opie and Anthony this morning and came across fairly cool. Usual fluff piece and hard sell for Wrestlemania.

Best part of the interview was HHH talking about the Katie Vick angle and the night they filmed him in the Kane mask humping the casket in the funeral home. Vince was mad because it wasn't over the top enough and was yelling at HHH to be louder. The funeral home director came in and asked them to be quiet because there was a funeral or wake going on in the other half of the building!

What will they do if they start to get lightning at the beginning of the Money In the Bank match? They can't seriously expect guys to climb up a steel ladder to grab a metal briefcase during a lightning storm, can they?

Undertaker holding up the world title while legitimate thunder and lightning is going on is about the most awesome visual that could happen.

That reminds me of a house show report from a couple years ago. The house show was being held outside. Boogeyman was still working just house shows and dark matches and hadn't debuted yet. He made his entrance for a match against one of the Bashams, and yelled "I'M THE BOOGEYMAN AND I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!". According to the report, as soon as he said NIGHTMARE, a storm came out of nowhere with extremely heavy rain and lightning. Made for a very surreal visual from what the report said.

What will they do if they start to get lightning at the beginning of the Money In the Bank match? They can't seriously expect guys to climb up a steel ladder to grab a metal briefcase during a lightning storm, can they?

Anything can happen in the WWE, you know...

Wouldn't they still be covered by the roof (re: ladder)? My visual impression of the roof they are constructing is a large structure that will cover the ring and most of the field and nearly simulate an enclosed arena.

By the way, as Venk pointed out, a thunderstorm may bring an amazing atmosphere and visual that you just can't recreate.

Wouldn't they still be covered by the roof (re: ladder)? My visual impression of the roof they are constructing is a large structure that will cover the ring and most of the field and nearly simulate an enclosed arena.

By the way, as Venk pointed out, a thunderstorm may bring an amazing atmosphere and visual that you just can't recreate.

Agreed... see Prince's performance at the Super Bowl in Miami.

As for the roof, I thought it was just covering the ring area. I'm pretty certain the field will be uncovered due to the fact they have heavy boarding on it to cover up the grass.