TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

They did a combined Mania 1 / 2 theme. WrestleMania XX was in NYC (home of Mania 1, home state of one of Mania 2's locations), 21 was in LA (other Mania 2 location), 22 was in Chicago (Mania 2 location), and 23 was in Detroit (Mania III location).

Of course 24 throws it all off.

They did a combined Mania 1 / 2 theme. WrestleMania XX was in NYC (home of Mania 1, home state of one of Mania 2's locations), 21 was in LA (other Mania 2 location), 22 was in Chicago (Mania 2 location), and 23 was in Detroit (Mania III location).

Of course 24 throws it all off.

According to the article in the Orlando Sentinel about how Orlando made an active push to get the event this year, Atlantic City was a definite option.

This is from the article:

"Plus, WWE wanted WrestleMania 24 in a tourist destination. So Orlando was on a list with Miami, Tampa, Atlantic City and Las Vegas."

As reported by Lords of Pain on March 4, developmental talents Silas Young and German Figueroa have been released from their contracts. Figueroa, formerly Apolo in TNA, is believed to have been released due to legal problems in Puerto Rico, stemming from failing to turn himself in after no-showing for a court appearance. This resulted in a 30-day jail sentence. The article states that Young’s release seems to have come because of too many wrestlers in Florida’s developmental territory since the talents from OVW arrived.

WWE.com reporting speculation of their own releases is gold, Jerry. Gold.

That's absurd.

I had been under the impression that the WWE was doing this to steal people away from wrestling news sites. Why go to 411 or whatever for wrestling news when you can get it right from the horse's mouth?

But if they're not gonna give more details when possible (I realize they won't give more details if it's something that'd reflect badly on them), then what's the point? Would it have been that hard to have re-written the article as "this is what happened", not "this is what people think happened"?

Unless they feel that this guy being in legal trouble reflects badly on them, but then I'd have to ask why they posted it in the first place.

PWInsider is reporting that 50 Cent will accompany Floyd Mayweather to the ring at Wrestlemania. In addition to him, John Legend, and Snoop Dogg, Kim Kardashian and Raven-Symone are also appearing at the event.

Regarding WWE's choice of WM locations: it's clear WWE wants to keep hitting the big cities and major media markets to ensure maximum press coverage and to make WM a tourist event for a whole weekend, not just a day. Orlando fits the bill perfectly.

In addition, WWE is choosing to use large domes for events since it's clear they can actually fill them again. The Citrus Bowl was chosen after WWE committed to Orlando as a host city, since the original plan was to use the Amway Arena. I don't anticipate WWE will be willing to do outdoor Manias in any other market outside of Florida due to variable weather conditions.

WrestleMania 24: March 30, 2008 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL

WrestleMania 25: April 5, 2009 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, TX

WrestleMania 26: March 28, 2010 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ

Quite a few celebrities at Mania this year, but it's odd that they aren't hyping up the celebrity appearances more.

They mentioned those names during Raw. I mean, is constantly name dropping John Legend going to entice someone who was on the fence to order the show? Raven-Symone is a part of the Make A Wish deal they will be doing. Snoop and Kim, I imagine is involved with the Playboy stuff. Hopefully, 50 doesn't perform.

Slick, I think they'll do Glendale next year but I imagine Dallas would be more appealing in '10 (I don't believe it'll be ready by next spring) with their new stadium then Houston which has already hosted a recent WM.

Quite a few celebrities at Mania this year, but it's odd that they aren't hyping up the celebrity appearances more.

Maybe the Disney Channel will have a special promotional episode and call it "THAT'S SO WRESTLEMANIA!" With special appearances by John Cena and Hornswaggle.

I can't believe they'll do three southern state WM's in a row. I'm surprised that Dallas's billion dollar new stadium didn't win out over Houston.

Houston could also have HBK and/or Undertaker retirement matches.

The first major event in the Cowboys' new stadium is not going to be Wrestlemania.

Dallas might be pushed back a bit since they probably won't do two Texas Wrestlemanias back to back. I think Houston and then Glendale will probably be the next two locations.

WWE just announced that the high definition feed of WM24 will be $64.95 and not the originally reported $69.95. The standard feed is still the reported $54.95.

PWInsider is reporting that 50 Cent will accompany Floyd Mayweather to the ring at Wrestlemania. In addition to him, John Legend, and Snoop Dogg, Kim Kardashian and Raven-Symone are also appearing at the event.

Its official, this will be the best Mania ever.

So a crappy rapper makes it the best WM ever? I don't give a fuck, it will not be better then WMX7 or WM20... Or even WM8 for that matter.

Remember when Snoop Dogg came out performng for Godfather at WMXVI? That's what 50 will be like. TBS needs to bring out a hard rock singer to combat 50.

Remember when Snoop Dogg came out performng for Godfather at WMXVI? That's what 50 will be like. TBS needs to bring out a hard rock singer to combat 50.

Big Show seems like a Carrie Underwood guy.

So I take it you already seen this mania?

And you have? So what gives you the right to already declare this as the best WM ever? WMX7 or WM20 will be hard to follow... WM21 is slept on aswell.

Its official, this will be the best Mania ever.

There were people who voted me as a worse poster than this guy?!

this likely goes down as an uneventful, forgettable Mania... outside of Finlay/JBL and maybe Batista/Umaga.

From a spectacle standpoint at the very least, it'll be memorable with the outdoor venue and the fact it is the first WM in HD, I imagine they have big plans for that. So far, I like the make up of this card more then WM23 and 22.

this likely goes down as an uneventful, forgettable Mania... outside of Finlay/JBL and maybe Batista/Umaga.

From a spectacle standpoint at the very least, it'll be memorable with the outdoor venue and the fact it is the first WM in HD, I imagine they have big plans for that. So far, I like the make up of this card more then WM23 and 22.

I have to agree... I'm looking forward to this WM more then the last 2.

So I take it you already seen this mania?

And you have? So what gives you the right to already declare this as the best WM ever? WMX7 or WM20 will be hard to follow... WM21 is slept on aswell.

Man is your period on or something? I was kidding and marking out for 50, I have no idea if this will be the best mania ever. I see no reason why you took a simple statement so seriously.

There were people who voted me as a worse poster than this guy?!

You are pretty bad. I'll be sure to put something like a "j/k' to a joke next time.