TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy suspended

There's one way WWE could fix Jeff's problems, but it would not set well with anyone in the back, or folks here for this matter. When Jeff Hardy comes back from his suspension, put the World Title on him. Hear me out first. Orton fucked up time and time again, and it wasn't until he was given the responsibility of being the World Champion, and the top man in the company, that he finally grew the fuck up and stopped his bullshit. He has also become a person that is looked up to backstage for sticking up for himself and others. If Jeff Hardy were given the pressure of being the top man in the company, and the face of the company so to speak, maybe he would finally grow up, and become a responsible adult. Either that or become an even bigger druggy due to not being able to handle the pressure, thus failing another drug test, and forcing WWE to put out a report on their site and to the AP stating they had to fire their World Champion due to him being a drug addict. It's a double-edged sword, but it may work for Jeff.

Orton's also a father now. I doubt the reason he "grew up" was because he was given the title.

Jeff Hardy will get another push as long as he's over. It's how the business works, a person's actions and even their personality don't mean as much as their drawing potential.

What I find interesting is that you'd be hard pressed to find another example of an American sport organization suspending a star athlete for a similar time. Maybe Ricky Williams, but he essentially quite anyway. WWE's wellness policy gets a lot of skepticism and guffaws, but this thing has more teeth in it than anything MLB or the NBA presents.

What I find interesting is that you'd be hard pressed to find another example of an American sport organization suspending a star athlete for a similar time. Maybe Ricky Williams, but he essentially quite anyway. WWE's wellness policy gets a lot of skepticism and guffaws, but this thing has more teeth in it than anything MLB or the NBA presents.

And it only took one of their superstars to beat and strangle his wife to death, suffocate his own son and commit suicide a day later to make it happen

Kudos to WWE

And it only took one of their superstars to beat and strangle his wife to death, suffocate his own son and commit suicide a day later to make it happen

Kudos to WWE

Still doesn't take away the fact that their policy is still more stringent than the other major professional sports, which are put on a higher pedestal in society. Nothing was going to prevent what Benoit did (yeah, I said his name), but it's the easy route to blame WWE.

There's a part of me that believes Jeff went back to his old ways after seeing his WWE Title push evaporate and HHH take back over his spot.

Kind of like "So, they had me jump 25 feet off the Raw set for no reason."

Yeah its Triple H's fault Jeff is a junkie.

That's not what I said at all, jackass.

That clearly implies that Triple H is the reason Jeff went back to being a junkie. Or are you insinuating that Triple H switched piss cups with Jeff?

Kudos to WWE

Your schtick is really tiresome.

Guest dustinbeaverton

Okay, I didn't have time to read all of the posts here since I'm on a break at work, but I hated the idea of Jeff Hardy as a main eventer, so I am not disappointed at all. Depending on what drugs he was using, I may think it's a dumb policy. But seriously, look at RVD, how did Hardy expect to get away with it?

I hope Kennedy or Jericho takes it now, but whatever... I'm just glad Hardy's Main Event push will be either cancelled or post-poned.

There's a part of me that believes Jeff went back to his old ways after seeing his WWE Title push evaporate and HHH take back over his spot.

That clearly implies that Triple H is the reason Jeff went back to being a junkie. Or are you insinuating that Triple H switched piss cups with Jeff?

I'm saying I don't think Jeff Hardy appreciated having to take a crazy bump only to see his push die immediately and have his spot taken over by Triple H. I'm not saying that to bash Triple H. I would have used any other person's name in there if that's what the situation warranted. What is your wedgie about this?

IF Hardy started using drugs because he did not get the freakin' World title, it's his own damn fault.

Of course that's a really, really stupid discussion to be in the first place.

My prediction on Jeff Hardy: He will get busted and suspended for drug use, long before he ever wins the title.

And I've always been a big Hardy fan, so I hope that's not true.

-Me, Feb. 23

I am SO psychic.

Jeff Hardy is clean man, why you got to be so negative?

-EHME, Feb. 23

I'm saying I don't think Jeff Hardy appreciated having to take a crazy bump only to see his push die immediately and have his spot taken over by Triple H. I'm not saying that to bash Triple H. I would have used any other person's name in there if that's what the situation warranted. What is your wedgie about this?

Jeff has been taking that bump for years, long before the prospect of a main event title run was ever a realistic possibility. That point has absolutely zero validity. Jeff didn't resume a drug habit because he was supposedly held down. Jeff made yet another stupid mistake in a very long line of them. It won't be the last time he does something stupid, either.

Again, just a reminder that if he is an addict, it was more than a "stupid mistake". It's not exactly easy to stay off crystal meth, heroin, pain pills, or whatever he may be addicted to.

He relapsed, plain and simple.

I'm not saying he's not accountable for his actions, but I'm sure there's alot more to it than him just feeling like getting high and thinking he'll get away with it, or not caring about the WWE and their drug policy.

Kudos to WWE

I had no idea you were stalking me

Thanks for creeping me out, perv

Sad thing is, TNA would be stupid enough to take him back.

I don't know. He was the one guy that they just kinda cut ties with due to his constant show missing near the end. Then WWE took him back under the guise that he had cleaned himself up (remember the wwe.com interview when he came back?) and then he failed 2 drug tests.

Lots of talent. Lots of fans.

Lost cause.

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.Net is reporting that Jeff Hardy had a very long, private meeting with Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis about his 60-day suspension for his second violation of the WWE wellness policy. Although WWE spokesperson, Gary Davis, would not specify the drug Hardy tested positive for, multiple sources told Powell that the suspension was related to recreational drug use and not anything steroid-related.

Hardy was said to be subdued and quiet backstage at Raw Monday. Some said he was very careful to watch what he said to the other wrestlers because he knew it could come back to haunt him later. There's no word on whether he was asked to seek treatment. The wellness policy states that the company reserves the right to make the second suspension indefinite if the violator refuses requested treatment.

Hardy left WWE in April 2003 for failing two consecutive recreational drug tests in the days before WWE had a wellness policy. He was asked to seek rehabilitiation, but told them he didn't think he needed it and would rather leave. In June 2004 he joined TNA, who largely looked the other way concerning his drug use. He fell out of favor in the company by constantly no-showing TV tapings. TNA finally cut ties with him in December 2005 after no-showing that month's PPV that he was advertised on. He returned to WWE in September 2006, with the company being under the impression that he was clean. However, Hardy was suspended for 30 days in August 2007 for a recreational drug test violation. He won the Intercontinental Title back from Umaga (after dropping it to him in his last pre-suspension appearance) on his first day back from suspension and held it ever since his return from the suspension until he dropped it to Chris Jericho on this week's Raw. Hardy has always marched to the beat of his own drum and has a history of shrugging off the idea of getting treatment, so it will be interesting to see where this goes. If his suspension stays at 60 days, he will be eligible to return on the May 12, 2008 edition of Raw. Of course, a third violation would be a mandatory firing.

Again, just a reminder that if he is an addict, it was more than a "stupid mistake". It's not exactly easy to stay off crystal meth, heroin, pain pills, or whatever he may be addicted to.

He relapsed, plain and simple.

Oh, you didn't hear? Drug addiction can be cured by giving someone a World Title. I read it on TSM.

My prediction on Jeff Hardy: He will get busted and suspended for drug use, long before he ever wins the title.

-Me, Feb. 23

I am SO psychic.

congrats...you predicted that a guy with a history of drug problems would once again be busted for having a drug problem.

Kudos to WWE

I had no idea you were stalking me

Thanks for creeping me out, perv

Don't be so full of yourself. It's a small board. Not exactly hard to take notice of new and annoying posters.

Some more from powell

Vince McMahon may not be as shaken up over Jeff Hardy’s suspension as one might imagine. “This is exactly what Vince has been waiting for,” one WWE source tells Prowrestling.net. The source explained that McMahon can now trumpet the fact that he suspended one of his biggest stars just weeks before his biggest event if Congress or anyone else questions the validity of WWE’s drug testing program.

A second well-placed source believes Hardy cost himself a WWE Title run this spring and will now be branded a mid-card performer for life. The source also notes that Vince isn’t even willing to discuss future creative plans for Hardy at this time.

Don't say let Matt get a run with the title, because people here will have a heart attack. They seem to believe Matt doesn't have Main event potential.

I've always liked Matt better than Jeff. Anybody else agree?

Quoted for fucking truth. Matt version 2.0 plz? I LOVED that.

-annie

-Me, Feb. 23

I am SO psychic.

congrats...you predicted that a guy with a history of drug problems would once again be busted for having a drug problem.

Come on Lushus, when the guy said it people jumped all over him for it. I can see him getting a laugh out of this

Some more from powell

Vince McMahon may not be as shaken up over Jeff Hardy’s suspension as one might imagine. “This is exactly what Vince has been waiting for,” one WWE source tells Prowrestling.net. The source explained that McMahon can now trumpet the fact that he suspended one of his biggest stars just weeks before his biggest event if Congress or anyone else questions the validity of WWE’s drug testing program.

A second well-placed source believes Hardy cost himself a WWE Title run this spring and will now be branded a mid-card performer for life. The source also notes that Vince isn’t even willing to discuss future creative plans for Hardy at this time.

Serves the dumb ass right. Once again, WWE was seemingly ready to give Jeff the world, and he fucked it all up. Have fun losing to Santino Marella and Charlie Haas week in and week out when you return, Jeff. Can we now safely say Jeff has eclipsed Randy Orton as WWE's biggest fuck-up?

Serves the dumb ass right. Once again, WWE was seemingly ready to give Jeff the world, and he fucked it all up. Have fun losing to Santino Marella and Charlie Haas week in and week out when you return, Jeff. Can we now safely say Jeff has eclipsed Randy Orton as WWE's biggest fuck-up?

24.jpg

Randy Orton will main event WM. How can he qualify as the biggest fuck up? Guys like Marty are greater examples because he had constant opportunities and blew every single one of them.