TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy suspended

What a horrible time to apparently break the wellness policy. I would've guessed he'd be winning the title around summer time after winning MITB at WM. Does this make Jericho a shoe-in to win MITB then? God I hope so. Maybe CM Punk has a shot if he's added, but I can't see Kennedy winning again.

FUCK!

C'mon, Jeff! This explains the burial he's been receiving the past couple weeks. I honestly have no sympathy for him. He's hands down the most over face on RAW, and he has to go and screw up time and again.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...

I don't think this will result in a lack of summer push if he's still over - he was suspended last summer and did just fine upon his return and just take a look at the current WWE champion's track record. The flip side is Jeff isn't the archetype WWE champion wrestler, booth in look and style, so this may cost him a big 2008 push after all, but time will tell.

Edit: Having actually read the posted story now and seeing it's not a vague suspension but a "60 days, 2nd drug test failure" suspension, he's probably screwed for the time being. Bad decision, Jeff. Since they took the IC title off of him I would have to assume this is a real suspension and not a "you're suspended so show up for TV without pay", which means he's also lost the Mania payday.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...

I don't think this will result in a lack of summer push if he's still over - he was suspended last summer and did just fine upon his return and just take a look at the current WWE champion's track record. The flip side is Jeff isn't the archetype WWE champion wrestler, booth in look and style, so this may cost him a big 2008 push after all, but time will tell.

The problem is this is his second strike, one more and he's gone. How can wwe push a guy who could get fired any minute?

I didn't read the story first (my mistake) and just assumed it was a very vague story since the initial post / thread title had no details. Seeing how they mention it being strike 2 for a drug violation and a 60 day suspension paints a different picture of the situation.

Well, I guess dropping the IC belt wasn't paving the way for a run with the big belt.

Dammit Jeff they're giving you every opportunity to make it big and you're fucking it up. Do you really want to go back to being the "Charismatic Enigma" in TNA that much?

I wonder if this means they'll do an angle with Matt officially taking his place.

Now, that being said... Money in the Bank is wide open. Who wins it this year? Kennedy? Jericho?

As has been meen mentioned, wwe might just as well fire him now because you can't push a wrestler with two strikes. I guess the wwe made the right decision not to put the title on him, though I wonder if that decision and his disappointment not getting the title made him use again - not that that is an excuse at all, I mean wrestling is a work and life is full of disappointments.

Maybe if you are fired, and rehired, you get new three strikes under the Wellness.

You would have to, as surely a person that fails three drug tests over the course of their career wouldn't be blackballed from the company for the rest of their lives. Why would they have that in the contracts?

You would have to, as surely a person that fails three drug tests over the course of their career wouldn't be blackballed from the company for the rest of their lives. Why would they have that in the contracts?

WWE may have to put an expiration date on the official count of wellness violations else the simple passage of time could trip up wrestlers.

WWE may have to put an expiration date on the official count of wellness violations else the simple passage of time could trip up wrestlers.

Elaborate on that point, please. It sounds like you are saying that if it has been a long time, the wrestlers might forget that they had been busted before, and start doing drugs. Is that what you are saying?

Elaborate on that point, please. It sounds like you are saying that if it has been a long time, the wrestlers might forget that they had been busted before, and start doing drugs. Is that what you are saying?

Barring a policy change, we'll eventually start to see wrestlers booted from WWE based in part on violations counted from many years in the past.

Would it really make sense for a WWE star in 2017 to be released on three strikes with a first strike dated back to 2007 and a second strike in 2008? WWE would lose a whole lot of veterans that way.

At a certain point, common sense has to take over.

Okay, that made a lot more sense. However, if you've failed twice, you would think you would clean up your act. If not, get fired, get help, and try to make your way back to the roster one day.

like a statute of limitations or something?

Bingo. WWE could also add a provision where if wrestler A keeps clean for a certain number of years, he gets a partial amnesty and his wellness violation count resets down to one.

Im pretty sure it wasnt steriods or HGH....

Maybe unprescribed Pain Killers would be my guess..

Or some other recreational drug

Honestly..

If HHH or Cena failed a drug test..

Would they be taken outta 'Mania too and Outed on the Website?

I know it's policy, but would they do it?

Guest andrew8798

The talk backstage at Raw last night, when word of Jeff Hardy's impending suspension made the rounds, was shock and disbelief. I talked to a number of WWE people that began the conversation with a phrase like "Can you believe what an idiot he is?" Jeff is pretty well liked backstage but even people who have used substances in the past have realized that the rules have changed in WWE and the testing policy is the reason why. You just can't do the things that maybe you could have gotten away with doing years ago. It's a new WWE and Jeff found out, once again, the hard way.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=29653&p=1

What kind of drugs are we talking about here? Is he back to whatever the fuck he was doing before he left for TNA? Or was he just smoking a joint in his spare time on the road?

What kind of drugs are we talking about here? Is he back to whatever the fuck he was doing before he left for TNA? Or was he just smoking a joint in his spare time on the road?

I think Jeff might be on something a little harder than weed. You can go to GHC and fins shit that'd knock weed out of your system in less than a day.

I'm sure Jericho is really getting a good laugh out of this, Stephanie probably is too.

Jericho doesn't really hate Jeff Hardy. You see, what they are doing on television is...nevermind, I don't want to ruin your breakfast.

It might be time for Jeff Hardy to step away from the business if he can't handle it without pain killers. Assuming it was pain medication. It's not fair for any of us to call him an idiot for using if his body is in extreme amounts of pain. None of us have put out bodies through the crap that Jeff has.

Jeff Hardy leaving the business in what should be the prime of his career would send a message how tough and unrealistic a schedule Vince McMahon demands the human body to withstand.