TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 3/17/08

That was terrible. 17 guys? Where was the rest of the roster? I know Rory McAllister is injured, London got beaten down earlier, and ditto Flair, but why was HBK shown in the pre-match graphic but not in the match? A DQ ending? What the hell? Why was Burchill jobbed out, but not a guy like Duggan? What a cluster fuck.

All that main event proved to me is Cena and Orton can do amazing things if the company would just let them. I feel like so much is being restricted. That RKO was awesome on Cody Rhodes, but you see that stuff once in a blue moon in the WWE now, just laziness lately in this company, just bothers me.

That match would have bothered me a few years ago, but the booking on Raw and Smackdown is so top-heavy regardless, that I doubt it really makes a difference.

The days of Russo booking where almost everyone on the roster is actively doing something are long gone anyway.

Eh maybe the crowd was just into it more or something, that match just seemed more energetic than other matches. Maybe I was just into it more, who knows.

That was one of the most entertaining Raw episodes I can remember in ages. I'm normally leaning heavily on the FF button, but I didn't skip almost anything but the commercials tonight. Flair flying through a table off the top rope to beat McMahon... the hot main event... the comedy stuff with Santino cheap-shotting Lawler, then coming back to take his sandwich... That was a fun show.

I enjoyed most of the show, Flair/Vince was really fun stuff and the Santino/Lawler hijinks were once again really funny.

That said, I really can't condone stuff like that main event. We've sorta figured for years now that most of Raw's roster is buried, but this just makes it official to everyone that about 80% of the roster is garbage.

Speaking of him, is Terry Funk in the Hall of Fame? (I don't believe so, but I can't really remember)

If not, thinking the inductee could possibly be him? Whoever it is, I'm assuming it's someone "Extreme".

edit- And according to WWE.com, looks like Candice may be hurt again. Same area. Sucks for her.

Terry isn't in the HOF. It would seem as if it'd be more appros to induct him next year in Texas rather then this year. I don't think we should read into the fact the selection anouncment being revealed on ECW. It'd be nice if they started to honor the original ECW.

Candice's injury was pretty obvious when she made that expression to Maria after the match as if to say "Not now, not again".

Terry isn't in the HOF. It would seem as if it'd be more appros to induct him next year in Texas rather then this year. I don't think we should read into the fact the selection anouncment being revealed on ECW. It'd be nice if they started to honor the original ECW.

Candice's injury was pretty obvious when she made that expression to Maria after the match as if to say "Not now, not again".

Next year in Texas? Is there a leak on next year's WM location already?

Terry isn't in the HOF. It would seem as if it'd be more approach to induct him next year in Texas rather then this year. I don't think we should read into the fact the selection announcement being revealed on ECW. It'd be nice if they started to honor the original ECW.

Next year in Texas? Is there a leak on next year's WM location already?

It hasn't been officially confirmed/announced by WWE but it'll be held in Houston at Reliant Stadium. This was covered in the comments thread about a week ago, so you might find more info there.

So, Mickie in BunnyMania, or they stick Ashley out there with Maria?

Depends on how much Candice can work around it. They could have Maria work most of the match but that'd be a wreck. Mickie wouldn't fit since she's not Playboy connected. Ashley is pushed out and they aren't happy with her. Torrie is apparently injured.

Why does the best tag team in the WWE (closely followed by Miz/Morrison) continue to get squashed? There is no reason they shouldn't be tag team champions right now.

Yeah..uh..what were you saying there?

I thought it was pretty clear. London and Kendrick should be tag champs. They keep getting squashed. It confuses me.

The explanation is, it is the WWE, does anything ever make sense?

Well it does make sense. Umaga is going into a big match at Wrestlemania, while London and Kendrick are not. So Umaga was set up in a match to make him look strong and powerful so he looks like competiton for Batista. How does that not make sense?

What do you mean about Ashley, Hawk? I did notice that she's barely appeared since her return.

Also, it looked to me like Jillian injured her knee. that didn't appear to be selling, and she didn't get the full rotation on that 450.

I just rewatched the women's tag match and it looked like Candice almost immediately hurt herself once she got in the ring. She appeared to land directly on her left shoulder (and/or clavicle) when he did a drop kick on Victoria. Right after that, Vic gave her a hard (albeit normal in the heat of the match) irish whip into the corner using Candice's left arm. For the rest of the match, Candice favored her left side. But to her credit, she never slowed down or appeared to ask for the match to be changed.

It's scary how people are getting re-injured so soon after they come back like Mysterio (except it was several months after and a different injury) and Candice.

I figured someone (and by someone I mean Hawk 34) would have commented on CM Punk's "Happy Birthday" shout out to Samoa Joe on his wrist tape.

Flair splashing Vince through the table - was that cool or what?

Why does the best tag team in the WWE (closely followed by Miz/Morrison) continue to get squashed? There is no reason they shouldn't be tag team champions right now.

Yeah..uh..what were you saying there?

I thought it was pretty clear. London and Kendrick should be tag champs. They keep getting squashed. It confuses me.

The explanation is, it is the WWE, does anything ever make sense?

Well it does make sense. Umaga is going into a big match at Wrestlemania, while London and Kendrick are not. So Umaga was set up in a match to make him look strong and powerful so he looks like competiton for Batista. How does that not make sense?

Louisiana doesn't have local guys they could have inserted into the match and done the same thing?

So Kendrick and London are going their separate ways - I think that's a good thing. They were buried on Raw after being top dogs on SD!, I think Miz/Morrison vs Kendrick/London would have been a great match. I'm betting one of the two will end up on ECW come the draft. With Kendrick going heel, I think London to ECW would make the most sense. I've always been a big fan of London and Kendrick looked really good lately when London was out with an injury, even if Spanky was jobbing. I think both could be solid midcard players now that the cruiserweight title is dead.

Santino stealing Lawler's sandwich was bloody awesome!! LMFAO.

The Cena-Orton teamwork was cool, especially the RKO setups. We all knew it wasn't going to be the entire roster, despite what the pre-match graphic showed. It was good up until the crap finish. The only good thing about the finish was Umaga running after JBL.