TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

WEC: Faber vs. Pulver

Great to see this fight get hyped as well as it has been. If I had to make prediction, I'd say Faber by sub in the 2nd.

And is is true, that WEC's TV presentation is better than UFC's. Guess we have the Vs. folks to thank for that.

TSN.ca has this show being aired on Tuesday night. Fuckin bitches, they've done well in showing the last 3 or 4 at a decent time either live or on a few hours delay but of course the biggest WEC show ever gets delayed 2 days. Goddamnit.

Look for me in the crowd....of course I am in the second level so, umm not likely, but I am in the first row of the second level, but yeah still not likely....I will be wearing umm...not sure yet..haha.....I will get back to ya'll on this one.

Urijah wants a rematch with Tyson Griffin and is willing to move up to 155 to get it. Wonder who gets the fight, UFC or WEC?

Urijah wants a rematch with Tyson Griffin and is willing to move up to 155 to get it. Wonder who gets the fight, UFC or WEC?

Well if that fight happens and he moves up and wins, there are some other interesting fights waiting for him if he is willing to stay at 155. Also whether UFC or WEC gets it probably depends on whether management feels WEC can even draw a good enough crowd without that fight on there, I mean that fight is probably on the UFC undercard anyway and wouldn't be a big selling point (yet), so I say give it to WEC to headline the card.

Greetings from lovely Dayton, OH.

And holy fuck is this Torres/Maeda fight awesome. Of course, it could be the Capt. Morgans spiced rum (thank you, duty free shop) talking...

I hope this show is better then that first fight, because everyone who said this show would smoke Elite XC will have some crow to eat.

Not every fight can be a thrilling spectacle between two gassed-out HW's.

WEC was like watching professional sports while EXC was like watching a beer league. Watching guys stumble over themselves and each other is fun, just a different kind of fun than well trained, highly regarded, athletes battling it out in a competitive match.

Both entertaining in their own ways. Though I was jumping up and down during the 135 bout. That shit was super-dope. As super-dope as a Kimbo sweep? Well...

UFC is to WWE as...

WEC is to ROH as...

Elite XC is to backyard wrestling

not a knock on the fighters, but seeing a bad show like XC really lets you see how good the UFC and WEC are

That smoked EliteXC in every way possible. It had EliteXC rolled up, in a bong, in a spoon and in a tin-foil pipe. Hell it baked EliteXC into brownies and ate it.

If Pulver was more aggressive he might've been able to beat Faber. He had him rocked like twice and then he'd back off or smile at him.

The shitting all over EXC for one bad show isn't really warranted. A bad show that wasn't even that bad.

Anyway, everyone would like to see Torres and Maeda fight again, so there's really no reason to say it. Faber's standup was impressive.

That first fight went longer then the first three fights from Elite XC COMBINED, and was godawful boring. I'd rather watch two unskilled heavyweights throwing bombs then watch two lightweights circle each other for fifteen minutes. Milage varies I suppose.

I mean, the rest of the card was okay to great, but that one fight was easily the worst of any of the two shows.

That being said, the 135 fight was REALLY great, and I didn't enjoy Pulver/Faber as much as I thought I would, but it was really good. I don't remember a goddamn thing about the other fights. I think a dude got submitted, and another knocked out. That's all I remember. Either it's burnout from too much MMA, or they just didn't leave an impression on me.

That first fight went longer then the first three fights from Elite XC COMBINED, and was godawful boring. I'd rather watch two unskilled heavyweights throwing bombs then watch two lightweights circle each other for fifteen minutes. Milage varies I suppose.

I mean, the rest of the card was okay to great, but that one fight was easily the worst of any of the two shows.

That being said, the 135 fight was REALLY great, and I didn't enjoy Pulver/Faber as much as I thought I would, but it was really good.

My thoughts exactly. Torres/Maeda was better than anything else this weekend, while the opener was worse than anything else this weekend. Fight or the year for me.

Also, EXC is more comparable to TNA. Production is second rate, but there is some gems there somewhere. I'll freely admit that I've been brainwashed though, as I think I had more fun last night than I did tonight.

What is wrong with me?!

It's killing me inside that I missed this and this thread isn't helping matters.

Lots of big upsets on the undercard, as well.

How did Munoz look?

It's killing me inside that I missed this and this thread isn't helping matters.

Lots of big upsets on the undercard, as well.

How did Munoz look?

I thought he looked decent. He looked pretty strong to me and that was a pretty devastating shot(albeit to the back of the head) that maybe his opponent go stiff.

So before the fight me and my brother in law downed a 12er of Heineken and started on some Hefeweizen and then realized we had to get going....(I can see Arco Arena from my front yard so I can basically wait until a few mins before the showtime). No one felt like spending $6 on Beer, but of course we ended up doing it anyway later into the show because we were there for a good five or so hours.

So we get there and the usher takes us to our section and it is overbooked....hahaha. Basically we were in the boxseat section where they bring chairs for you. The problem there is supposed to be about 15 tickets for the row, but in actuality it only fits about 10 spaces once people are actually occupying the space. So we got moved to a better section right next to a camera man. The guy was cool letting us take pictures while "operating the camera"

Anyways, great night of fights, Faber showed some guts trying to stand with Pulver. And I guessed correctly that Faber would come out to "California Love" to hype the crowd.

So guys, I have the show taped but haven't watched it yet, how did the crowd come off on TV? I know there seemed to be a guy from Sacramento in every other fight, haha. Did Faber get a ovation? It seemed very loud in attendance but I am sure that is almost always the case.

Oh and WEC sure did the right thing by opening the upper level, considering it was originally only going to be a lower-level show they would have missed out because the upper level was damn near as filled as it was when I went to Arco for UFC. $35 was a pretty damn good price for where I was sitting. The same place for UFC would have put me out $150.

Technically, maybe but Faber/Pulver I'd rank higer simply due to Jens hanging tough when nobody giving him a shot, the crowd heat and Faber not being afraid to stand and trade with Pulver. I thought Jens was DONE after Faber dropped him the 2nd.