TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

The Love Guru

Has there ever been a good movie which featured an Indian guru? (Not counting the ones made by actual Indians in Bollywood.) Cuz this makes at least the third crappy one this decade. In fact, all of them seemed to be movies about an Indian guru, who isn't played by anyone actually from India, who teaches white women how to become more spiritual and/or sexy.

It was 4th place on Friday. Myers will probably end up doing another Austin powers film now, since actors tend to return to franchises once their other projects fail. I mean, I doubt we'd have got Indiana Jones 4 if Harrison Ford's career hadn't been in a downturn for the last decade.

It was 4th place on Friday. Myers will probably end up doing another Austin powers film now, since actors tend to return to franchises once their other projects fail. I mean, I doubt we'd have got Indiana Jones 4 if Harrison Ford's career hadn't been in a downturn for the last decade.

I could see Myers just taking another sabbatical, or maybe trying more dramatic roles.

when Bobby here, the king of liking horrible shitty movies

?

When the movie ended, I turned to my friend and asked if we just grew up and these jokes weren't funny anymore, or if the movie was just brutally unfunny. He said it was brutally unfunny.

The movie is just 90 minutes of naughty wordplay. Even the celebrity cameos are lame. The stuff involving the Maple Leafs is the only good part of the movie.

In Austin Powers in Goldmember he got Tom Cruise, Gwyenth Paltrow and John Travolta.

Here we have

Jessica Simpson, Val Kilmer, Mariska Hargitay

Who are you to doubt the mighty

Val Kilmer

?

You know what's funny though....Love Guru got *1/2 in the newspaper yesterday and Get Smart got the same review. Get Smart doesn't look astounding or anything, but it certainly should be better than Guru.

You'd think someone who likes hockey would make the hockey scenes more realistic.

This was pretty bad, the only thing that was really funny was the Wayne's World reference (I did like Timberlake dancing to Celine Dion in the club a bit, though). I don't get Mike Myers' obsession with penises.

They're driving in a car, fighting over what music to listen to, Myers switches the station and Bohemian Rhapsody comes, looks at the camera and shrugs, then changes the station.

More things I didn't like about the movie:

-Why are there little kids having a birthday party in a bar?

-Having the Guru's name be 'Maurice', just so they can sing The Joker at the end.

-All the dumb, unrealistic hockey stuff (calling timeout in the middle of the play? Come on.).

-Jim Gaffigan (who I love) using a dumb 'announcer' voice during all his scenes. At least Colbert uses his normal voice, but even he's not immune to dumb penis jokes.

-The Kanye West cameo is dumb, there was a lot more they could have done with that other than having him yell 'I love hockey!'

Really, the only good things in this are a few Timberlake moments, the Wayne's World thing, and the animated team logos during the hockey games. Oh, and Aunt Rachel from Family Matters.

I couldn't even get into the Leafs Cup winning stuff, which was the only reason I wanted to see it. I figured they would have made it into a bigger deal in the movie.

There was some girl sitting right behind me who was laughing way too hard all through the movie, which probably made me dislike it even more.

There was some girl sitting right behind me who was laughing way too hard all through the movie, which probably made me dislike it even more.

I feel your pain. When I went to see Horton Hears a Who at the dollar theater, there was a couple of girls down the row who would laugh at every single line in the beginning half. It was just so tedious. Thankfully they quieted down towards the end.

I saw Get Smart this weekend and there was a girl behind me that laughed at literally anything in all of the trailers, then once the movie started she didn't hardly laugh at all. I'm not sure what that says about Get Smart.