All-Time NBA Roster Draft

chris-webber-pool-480.jpg

Chris Webber PF

Career 20/10ish (9.8 RPG)

93-94 Rookie of the Year

Solid Defender

5 Time All-Star (97, 2000-2003)

Gets you 5 assists and a steal and a block a game

Clutch I have Stockton, Ewing, or King to use. Webber is a good all around talent and looking he was the best PF's left at this point, a need that had to fill.

Plus he has a decent mid range jumper, and could work well with Stockton off a pick and roll, or get out and run on the break.

Edit: I PM'd naiwf that he's up as well.

Here's a suggestion made by AboveAverage that I think is pretty cool, and we should go with:

I think everybody should rank all of the other teams 1-18, and the top team should get 18 points, down to the last team getting one. This way I think everyone can get a good look at everyone else's team by having to rank them all, rather than just naming one team.

Maurice Cheeks - Point Guard

cheeks_070605.jpg

1983 NBA Champion

4 Time NBA All-Star

4 Time First Team Defense

1 Time Second Team Defense

3rd All Time in steals

6th All Time in Assists

Great defender. Pass first PG. I'm thrilled to have the bloke.

I second (third?) the rankings idea, it'll balance out what could become a mismash of a couple of teams.

I just wanted to say, there is one currently active player that I'm quite surprised hasn't been taken yet.

I'm surprised the guy I had lined up as a back up pick 2 rounds ago is still available.

Actually, Alf, Bryant "Big Country" Reeves has been retired since '01.

Everything really did change in '01 :( :( :( :( :( B-)

Did you guys know Nene's real first name is Maybyner? Weird.

Brazilians have lots of odd names for their kids. They like names that end in -er, or -son alot. Lots of famous American president surnames are common as a name too, Lincoln, Washington, Wilson, Kennedy.

Did you guys know Nene's real first name is Maybyner? Weird.

Brazilians have lots of odd names for their kids. They like names that end in -er, or -son alot. Lots of famous American president surnames are common as a name too, Lincoln, Washington, Wilson, Kennedy.

I've noticed that! And "Andersen."

What's the deal with that? And just to keep this in-topic... WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE GET SMART AND DRAFT BISON DELE?

bellamy_200.jpg

Walt Bellamy

NBA Hall of Fame (1993)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1962, where he led the league in shooting at .519 and averaged career highs of 31.6 PPG & 19.0 RPG)
4x NBA All-Star (1962-1965)
Gold Medal winner (1960)

20,941 points scored
14,241 rebounds (10th all time, 8th in RPG, 13.7)

Walt Bellamy has one of the most productive résumés the game has ever seen. When he retired in 1974, Bellamy was sixth all-time in scoring, third all-time in rebounding and his .516 career shooting percentage was largely based on dominating, yet agile moves in the paint. He is one of only seven players to score more than 20,000 points and grab more than 14,000 rebounds, a group that includes Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elvin Hayes, Robert Parish, Moses Malone and Karl Malone. He played in four All-Star Games and he was the NBA's Rookie of the Year in 1962.

I have been waiting on someone to take Bellamy since the second round. If you are just looking at their peak, he was one of the best big men around. He's not Wilt, Russell, Kareem, et al, but he definitely put up some huge numbers and was a force inside.

AAFH021~Michael-Cooper-Photofile-Posters

Michael Cooper, G/F

1987 NBA Defensive Player of the Year

8x All-Defense (5x 1st team)

His 3-point numbers may look unspectacular now, but he was one of the top shooters in the league for his time. Basically, I needed a guy here who can play lockdown D against 3 different positions, and who commands respect with the outside shot. Coop seemed the best fit available. Of course, I'm probably missing someone really obvious, I'm sure.

Damn, I was pretty sure Coop would come back to me NEXT round.

After I got my coach swiped, I'm not letting anyone I want slip by me. I'm just assuming nobody is going to make it back to me.

Guest Desensitized

5pix.jpg

John Paxson is a great point guard, and a good choice to draft. I want him as a player, not as a GM, though. Paxson's fatal flaw as a general manager is his secret desire to, much like that old SNL sketch where George Steinbrenner builds a team of George Steinbrenners, build a team of John Paxsons. Unlike the man himself, I can only draft one.

Sorry for not really keeping up with this! I was watching The Office and then I took a walk.