TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

All-Time NBA Roster Draft

Are you guys up for doing this ever year? If yeah, would you like specialized drafts (players who started their career in the 1980s, players under 20,000 points for their career, etc.) or would you guys prefer the way we've done it this year?

Are you guys up for doing this ever year? If yeah, would you like specialized drafts (players who started their career in the 1980s, players under 20,000 points for their career, etc.) or would you guys prefer the way we've done it this year?

If we do it by decade, we would definitely have to limit the number of teams as I don't think we could find 228 quality players who started their careers during one particular decade.

I think doing this year after year would ruin some of the "surprises" of some of the forgotten players from years past. Maybe a specialized draft (per decade) could work.

I know we're voting on the teams but I also think it'd be interesting to maybe do a little season/round robin/tournament on WhatIfSports featuring our teams to see how the sim would go. We could sim the games, post the results and link to the box scores. Anyone interested in this?

I know we're voting on the teams but I also think it'd be interesting to maybe do a little season/round robin/tournament on WhatIfSports featuring our teams to see how the sim would go. We could sim the games, post the results and link to the box scores. Anyone interested in this?

That sounds like a good idea to me. I was wondering if there was a basketball sim out there, I know there are some ultra hardcore nerdy baseball sims, but I didn't figure there was a b-ball one.

I think simming games is free. I signed up today and messed around with it a bit. I'll see what other options are on there, but since OOG originated WhatIfSports, I might just wait and see if has any more info.

I have an account on there so I can make fantasy teams using anyone you want. Just when you send your final rosters pick which season from the players career you want to use. We'll do a tournament of some kind, I got enough free time at work to run it. I can just put up all the box scores/results here. We can do a March Madness type tourney. Three best rated teams get byes. I'm thinking once one round's results are up, players have a certain amount of time to send their starters etc. for the next game. This way you can play with match ups and change it up based on opponent.

I have an account on there so I can make fantasy teams using anyone you want. Just when you send your final rosters pick which season from the players career you want to use. We'll do a tournament of some kind, I got enough free time at work to run it. I can just put up all the box scores/results here. We can do a March Madness type tourney. Three best rated teams get byes. I'm thinking once one round's results are up, players have a certain amount of time to send their starters etc. for the next game. This way you can play with match ups and change it up based on opponent.

I like the tourney idea, but I don't know about one-and-done. Maybe best-of-3 or best-of-5?

Instead of top 3 get byes, you'd need to have the bottom 6 play off in kind of a qualifying round to get down to 16 teams.

Guest Desensitized

I was out of the house all day and apparently I'm running out of time!

I shall take Luc Longley.

omg finally.

I had these last two picks mapped out since the sixth round, but then I remembered this guy was available, and after comparing this guy and the other guy I had in mind, I changed this pick to:

sikma_lalanne.jpg

Jack Sikma, C/F

15.6 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists, .464 FG%, .328 3PT%, .849 FT%

12th all-time in defensive rebounds (8,274)

7-time All-Star

All-Defensive 2nd team, 1982

Member of 1979 NBA champion Seattle SuperSonics

I need a back up PG, so I'll go with a guy who averaged about 16 & 8 (peak was about 17 & 11) with a FG% of .483

clips_nixon_86.jpg

Norm Nixon

2x NBA Champion

2x NBA All-Star (1982 & 1985)

7th all time in APG (8.3)

23rd all time in assists (6,386)

I also discovered that he's married to Debbie Allen

Since Dandy might have spoiled my hand, I'm taking my coach in this round before any of you assholes steal him.

frank-layden-1.jpg

Frank Layden

One of the best interviews, and funniest guys around.

Also he's a hell of a coach.

That picture is eerie because Sloan looks exactly the same minus the color of his hair and that had to have been taken at least 15-20 years ago.

1188733288.jpg

Deron Williams - PG

2008 All-NBA Second Team

2006 NBA All-Rookie Team

2008 NBA Skills Challenge Champion

and a freakin' double double machine.

Plus he's willing to use Von Rasche's face claw!

Okay... I'll bite.

SG Vince Carter

carter_dunk_france_220.jpg

8 Time All-Star

2 Time All-NBA

Slam Dunk Champion

1999 ROY

2000 Gold Medalist

Career Highs:

Points – 51 (2 Times)

Field Goals Made – 20 vs. Milwaukee 01/14/00

Field Goals Attempted – 36 @ Philadelphia 01/21/01

Three Point Field Goals Made – 9 vs. Memphis 12/11/06

Three Point Field Goals Attempted – 20 vs. Memphis 12/11/06

Free Throws Made – 23 @ Miami 12/23/05

Free Throws Attempted – 27 @ Phoenix 12/30/00

Offensive Rebounds – 8 vs. Chicago 11/05/05

Defensive Rebounds – 13 (2 Times)

Total Rebounds – 16 vs. Washington 04/07/07

Assists – 13 @ Golden State 01/24/07

Steals – 6 (2 Times)

Blocks – 6 vs. Chicago 03/28/99

Insane athlete, arguably the finest dunker to ever set foot in the NBA, and a prolific scorer. He shoots a high percentage from 3, especially in his prime, and he's being reunited with his cousin. You may not like him, especially some of you Canucks, but you have to guard him... just not with a 7 foot French guy.

Well since there seems to be a run on backup PG's, I am happy to select:

post-2806-1211542131_thumb.jpg

Lafayette "Fat" Lever/PG

I was very impressed by Lever's all around career averages (13.9-6.0-6.2-2.2stl)

First off: Damn you alf for stealing my sleeper pick. I honestly thought he was going to slip to me.

Second: Best of 5 works as does best of 3. Gives people time to adjust line-ups between games.

Finally: My pick...

I can't believe this guy is still available; the last 'Converse Weapon' left:

converseiv6.jpg

Mark Aguirre, G-F

Career Average: 20PPG, 5RPG, 3APG

- I need points off my bench and someone who could score in bunches and, boy, he sure could score (5 times finished top 10 in scoring i nthe 1980's). Plus, he proved with the Pistons that he has no problem coming off the bench and contributing. He's a great counter-point to Ray Allen as they may rotate as starters based on the opponent. By far, the weakest defensive player on my team but since everyone else so far is solid to excellent, I can live with one average defender.

This was a difficult choice but I went with the guy who can play three positions, and is just as good offensively as the other guys I passed on. He's also better defensively..

nance_295_ADB20.jpg

Larry Nance.

3 Time All-Star

3 Time All-Defense (1st team once, 2nd team twice)

Career 17, 8, 2, 2, and 1

Over 15,000 Points, 7,000 rebounds, and 2,000 blocks.