PF: Pettit

SF: Johnson

C: Russell

SG: Iverson

PG: Bing

Bench: McAdoo-C, Greer-SG

Coach: Don Nelson

Vince Carter

I was debating taking him when I picked Paul Pierce... It was between him, Pierce or McGrady. I didn't want to take T-Mac or Carter because of their atittude problems... Where as I took Pierce because he would play great with my team and has the right kinda attitude to be succesful.

Vince Carter

I was debating taking him when I picked Paul Pierce... It was between him, Pierce or McGrady. I didn't want to take T-Mac or Carter because of their atittude problems... Where as I took Pierce because he would play great with my team and has the right kinda attitude to be succesful.

I wouldn't say T-Mac has an attitude problem. I think it's more that he just can't handle being 'the' guy. On a proverbial all-star team such as all of these are, he'd be ideal.

Vince Carter

I wouldn't say T-Mac has an attitude problem. I think it's more that he just can't handle being 'the' guy. On a proverbial all-star team such as all of these are, he'd be ideal.

Well another factor is he folds under pressure, although I have Isiah Thomas who would shoulder all of the pressure... I just felt Pierce is a better fit for my team.

Vince Carter

Well another factor is he folds under pressure, although I have Isiah Thomas who would shoulder all of the pressure... I just felt Pierce is a better fit for my team.

Oh I like Pierce better too. My point was just that the issues plaguing Vince and T-Mac are very different. Vince can be 'the' guy under pressure and carry his team to greatness, he chooses not to. Tracy just can't do it.

This is horrible...my next 2 picks (Williams/Nance) just went off the board like that...I'm on like Plan C (probably soon to be D) now.

sharmanMikan300x361.jpg

Elected to Basketball Hall of Fame (Player 1976, Coach 2004)

NBA Champion (1957, '59-'61)

All NBA First Team (1956-'59)

All NBA Second Team (1953, '55, '60)

8-time NBA All-Star (1953-'60)

NBA All-Star MVP (1955)

NBA 25th Anniversary Team (1970)

One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996).

Bill Sharman

Time to grab the coach:

ramsay_drjack_c.jpg

864 wins (7th all-time) and a title in 20 seasons, a Hall of Famer and named one of the 10 greatest coaches in NBA history. Stresses discipline and strong team play, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry about possibly ruining your pick, Mazto. I figured Layden would go many rounds later, and I remember him more for his antics on a slam dunk VHS tape I have than I rember him as a coach.

Eh, I was going to pick him up here, or the next round anyways, so you just forced my hand. Czech's the one who shafted me hardcore taking Sloan in the 3rd.

Vince Carter

Oh I like Pierce better too. My point was just that the issues plaguing Vince and T-Mac are very different. Vince can be 'the' guy under pressure and carry his team to greatness, he chooses not to. Tracy just can't do it.

Eh, I wanted to put together three guys who can pour it into the basket who I can rotate in at the 2 and 3. I got that. Neither T-Mac or VC have to be the guy, here. I've got Shaq, I've got Gervin. On top of that, I've got Phil Jackson, one of the great motivators. He'll give Vince The Art of War and T-Mac the "What If..." comics where The Hulk kills Wolverine and call it a day.

I don't know if Shaq will be able to get along with those two primadonnas though. He couldn't stand Kobe even with Phil there and people forget just how much he hated Penny.

I don't know if Shaq will be able to get along with those two primadonnas though. He couldn't stand Kobe even with Phil there and people forget just how much he hated Penny.

He got along well enough and for long enough to win three rings and make a run at another. On top of that, neither Vince Carter nor Tracy McGrady are Kobe Bryant. Both of those guys have played with other superstars, and done it fairly well. T-Mac with Yao and Vince with Ason Kidd.

Well, I feel bad about skipping VX again, but it's been over 12, and the dude is never around to make his pick in a timely fashion

My hope was that Larry Nance would fall back to me, but I expected him to be gone, so I'm more than happy with this dude as my backup SF/PF

ShawnMarion2.jpg

"The Matrix" Shawn Marion

This pick changes my rotation a bit, Marion will slot up as my sixth man now, and he's the first guy I'm really going outside of the original design of my team for, he's just too talented and versatile to pass up here. His ability to play the 3 or the 4 and defend practically everyone is huge for me, as I would have no problem going with Bird, Hill and Marion on the court at the same time and just giving the toughest defensive matchup of the 3 positions to Marion. My starting five is I think solid but unspectacular defensively, but having now two game changing defensive players off the bench in Robertson and Marion who can both mix and match in different lineups gives me a lot of flexability to play matchups.

I need to grab a big man off the bench. I'm pretty surprised he hasn't been taken yet, given the 80's love that basketball fans everywhere possess. Given the style my team is going to play, I need people who are mobile as could be. Who's better than this guy...

Act_tom_chambers.jpg

Tom Chambers, bro. I had to check about 10 times to make sure he wasn't taken, because I couldn't believe it.

Also, let's not be too hard on anyone about missing picks, yeah? Some people have other shit goin' on.

Man, my potential picks just keep going left and right (Marion being the latest). Anyways, I'm gonna go with a guy who can give me some more scoring at the 3 spot.

p1anthony.jpg

Carmelo Anthony

2004 All-NBA Rookie 1st Team

2-time NBA All-Star

2-time All-NBA 3rd Team

'Melo isn't much of a defensive player like others on my team, but I need scorers and I felt he was too great a talent to pass up this late in the draft.

I do need a true outside shooter though, so let's go with...

t1_hornacek_all_01.jpg

Jeff Hornacek

1992 NBA All-Star

21st in all-time 3-PT shooting percentage

12th in all-time FT shooting percentage

17th in all-time Offensive Rating

One of 20 guys to have 15,000 points and 5,000 assists

Not the most athletic guy, but "Horny" definitely got the most out of his abilities, and at his peak in '92, was a 20, 5, 5, and 2 (steals) player.

I could use another shooter too. Continuing my "I will not draft anyone who is currently playing basketball" kick (and I won't through the whole draft), I'm going to go with...

allanh.jpg

Allan Houston. While I think there are better players available, I could use the three point shooting. Plus, it seems like everyone forgets how good he was when healthy.

You have GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME. I just debated my pick for like 10 minutes while waiting for you and finally decided on Allan Houston right before I refreshed this page. NICE PICK. <_<

Back to the drawing board

Eh, this is a tough pick for me as I'm picking between 4 pretty similar players, all of whom are about equal in my mind, so I'm just going to roll the dice and go with

act_terry_porter.jpg

Terry Porter, PG

I need a reliable outside shooter and a true backup PG and he fits the bill. Two time All-Star, He had 5 seasons in which he averaged 17-18 points a game, was top 10 in the league in assists 5 times and 11th all-time in the category, 15th all-time in 3pt FG made, a career 39% shooter from behind the line, and an excellent free throw shooter. He was also a good defensive point guard, 6 seasons around 2 steals per game, and 26th all-time in steals. He also put up excellent numbers in the playoffs, and I like the following anecdote from Wikipedia:

He retired after the 2001-02 season, having never been traded during his NBA career. Porter’s teams compiled a record of 815-547 (.598) during his career, and only once failed to make the postseason.

I guess that makes my decision easy, since I was trying to decide between Porter and this guy...

0611_large.jpg

"The Wizard" Gus Williams, PG

Lightning-fast, a great scorer, and once the all-time leader in steals. He'll provide a huge energy boost coming off the bench.

# Member of the 1972 and 1973 Indiana Pacers ABA championship teams

# Second Team All-ABA selection in 1973

# 3-time ABA All-Star selections (1973-1975)

# 3-time All-ABA First Team selections (1974-1976)

# Selected as ABA Co-MVP, with Julius Erving in 1975

# First Team All-NBA selection in 1976

# Second Team All-NBA selection in 1977

# 3-time NBA All-Star selections (1976-1977 and 1979)

# ABA scoring title in 1975

McGinnisDriveRobisch.jpg

George McGinnis

Guest Vitamin X

Oh! I get two picks. This is my reward for going out on a Friday night rather than stay on here desperately waiting to see when I could pick.

I'll take the last of the Spurs trifecta,

tony-parker-eva-longoria.jpg

G Tony Parker

and for a coach, since there are no rookies on this team, and it'll probably only be for one season anyways, the third-winningest coach in NBA History

t1_larry.brown.jpg

Coach Larry Brown

Chambers was a nice pick. Since I had 4 finals in a span of about 72 hours I forgot that I had picked Yao already and that Nixon was my rebound pick where I have two selections in 12 picks instead of 28. If I hadn't lost track of that I would have chosen him instead of Nixon in the last round.

I strongly considered Brown as coach, especially since he preaches good defense, but I had concerns about him clashing with the younger players ('Melo and Amare in particular).

I didn't take him cause I have LeBron James on my squad. And Rick Barry would probably tell him to go fuck himself.