TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

The 8-hour window is in full effect, so it's time to post on behalf of The Franchise.

The 191st selection in our draft is...

The Japanese Buzzsaw...

Yoshihiro Tajiri!

tajiri.jpg

Posting on behalf of Hawk34:

I’m quite aware that my roster is heavy on the heels and this next selection won’t change that perception but this fantastic opportunity cannot slip any further or I will regret it. He is quite different from the other heels on the roster to a certain extent but his lack of flamboyance is soundly replaced with his overbearing arrogance. Ripe with confidence, he was a constant genius in his battles with some of the biggest faces in the history of the business. I think I figured out what I’ll do with my first overall selection, he seems destined to combat with my 11th overall selection…

With the next pick of this draft, I present to you

17.jpg

"The Living Legend", Larry Zbyszko!

(my note: I still prefer him as "The Cruncher")

2.jpg

With my pick, I'm going to pick someone who's a draw over in Mexico and can work well both as a heel or a face. He's a decent worker, fits in with my other guys, but his style is different enough for him to stand out. He'll be predominately heeling it up against Muta, Delirious and the bWo....

I bring you Vampiro

Rats...

Larry Z was someone I had on the radar and could have easily worked with a number of people on my roster. The same goes with Tajiri... he doesn't fit with my roster, but he was such a personal favorite of mine... I was going to use him as my "Mysterious Japanese mist blowing heel", much like Muta was in 1989.

The 8-hour window has passed. Selecting, once again, on behalf of Hawk34:

I live back in the woods, you see

A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive

And a country boy can survive

Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long

I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn

We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too

Ain’t too many things these ole boys can’t do

We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you can’t starve us out

And you cant makes us run

Cause one-of- ‘em old boys raisin ole shotgun

And we say grace and we say Ma’am

And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines

And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies

And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

With this next selection, I present to you

15.jpg

James "Noble" Gibson

Also left to make up selections:

Drury37 (2 selections)

Garth (1 selection)

Brooklyn Zoo (2 selections)

With the first of my two picks, I'm gonna go with a guy who was pretty underrated and can work with a bunch of wrestlers..I'll go with:

bigbossman2.jpg

The Big Boss Man.

Next pick will be the guy I should have picked instead of Shane. He's a headcase, and a jackass, but he's very talented, and I'll probably pair him up with RVD. My next pick will be..

teddy1.jpg

Teddy Hart.

8 hours gone by

yoshino.jpgdoi.jpg

Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi - Speed Muscle

Before this week I had only seen them in the acclaimed RoH 6 man match from awhile back. Then I watched Impact and spent most of today watching youtube. This is everything that I love about wrestling (and the reason I don't go much for the oldtimers). In my company you'd either better be able to hit hard or move fast...and no one moves faster than Yoshino

Watching the 7 minutes of glory that was the Guns vs. Speed Muscle on Impact made me wish I could see them go for a longer stretch of time...and since I already had the Guns...

Before I selected Gibson, I was fully aware of your newfound love for Doi/Yoshino and accepted that I was going to lose out on Gen Next-Speed Muscle. No worries, plently of tag teams left to take.

You know...I regretted making that post in the TNA folder as soon as I remembered I had a pick coming up. But...I also knew there were still a bunch of tag teams on my list that I would have taken before them if Yoshino and Doi hadn't just proven to be a PERFECT fit for me on national TV two days ago...

I'm really glad that match happened for a whole bunch of reasons.

8 hours gone by

yoshino.jpgdoi.jpg

Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi - Speed Muscle

Before this week I had only seen them in the acclaimed RoH 6 man match from awhile back. Then I watched Impact and spent most of today watching youtube. This is everything that I love about wrestling (and the reason I don't go much for the oldtimers). In my company you'd either better be able to hit hard or move fast...and no one moves faster than Yoshino

Watching the 7 minutes of glory that was the Guns vs. Speed Muscle on Impact made me wish I could see them go for a longer stretch of time...and since I already had the Guns...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

kamala_007.jpg

With my pick-- Kamala the Ugandan Giant

Stevie Richards and Vampiro will be feuding for control off the Ugandan Monster in an angle that is designed to be as goofy as possible and over the top. Such mystical props will involve a mind control necklace.

08.jpg

And his mask will give him special powers; mostly him speaking like an educated Englishman and singing R&B/soul music.

It's been 8 hours since bps went, so I think I'm up now. If not, someone can just delete this pick.

I've always admired his work and I think he's got the best mask out of all of the luchadores I've seen. With this pick, I'm going to select Psicosis to put up against 2 Gold Scorpio. I've got another pick or two in mind that can work well with either of these guys as well.

05.jpg

Obviously, I was hoping for the same. Kamala is a damn underrated monster heel and I would have like to pair him up against Kerry Von Erich. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Still a couple of really good monster heels left on the board.

Yeah, same here. Well just left a long list of picks with mellow in case I miss my turn that he can post for me. But still the 12 hour window allowed me to not worry too much about missing my turn especially at night when I'm sleeping

For my make up pick I choose:

The only grand slam winner in NOAH history

Marufuji_with_belt_446265a.jpg

Naomichi Marufuji

If I'd been able to be around in time to make my original pick I would have instead gone for Tajiri, but Franchise beat me to the punch there unfortunatly. Marufuji is still another great junior to pick up. I'm not sure yet whether I will team him with KENTA or have them face each other. We shall see how the rest of the draft pans out.

I'm not sure yet whether I will team him with KENTA or have them face each other. We shall see how the rest of the draft pans out.

If you draft them separately then you can do both.

I realised that which was why I didn't take them as a team to begin with.

Also, sorry for my absence it's been a hectic couple of days with finishing university/summer ball/21st birthday party all in rather quick order.

For my next pick, I'm going with a tag team. One member can play the bully role very well, but is also a very good worker and has had some memorable matches and fights. The other half of my tag team can play the prick heel role to perfection. He's a great worker, but can also get over his character while having heated matches. Like his tag team partner, he has experience in memorable matches and memorable fights. They're not a team I would expect anyone to pick, but I am a little surprised they lasted things long as singles picks. My next pick is the team of the former IWGP tag team champions...

takayamasuzuki.jpg

Yoshihiro Takayama and Minoru Suzuki

So, with my next pick.. I'm taking a guy that I loved in that enforcer type role as well as the bit of talent he had in the ring. Not a huge star but he can always stick up for Shane.

08.jpg

"Primetime" Brian Lee

For my next selection, I am going to go with a charismatic heel. I had been entertaining the idea of swooping this guy up, but yesterday, after watching the face off shoot he did with Raven, I am definitely pumped to get this one. Ladies and gentlemen, the 204th draft selection.

The Gamesmaster himself,

Kevin Sullivan!

21.jpg

And, yes, I am going to go with the psychotic, Florida-era Sullivan.

Breaking my pattern of drafting people or teams I can instantly put into feuds with one another (The Yoshino/Doi pick KILLED ME! :( :)) and going with one of the most charismatic assholes of our generation.

Or of a Blood Generation even.

02.jpg

CIMA

He'll Schwein you... he'll Schwein you all night long.

Also Mellow PM'd me a picture of Goldberg pointing at me with the message You're Next to tell me it was my turn. It'll haunt me forever.