TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

So I'm going with another manager..I think the people in the picture with her will show who she's managing to tag team gold.

lieamewhamie8.jpg

Leia Meow

Now to hop on the 2nd venue bandwagon I'm going with the place I had flip-flopped between it and the Summit.

samhoustoncoliseum.jpg

Sam Houston Coliseum

MSG and the The Nassau Coliseum are both gone, so I may as well take the third venue in the "holy trinity" of big stadiums in the tri-state are by taking what is now known as The Izod Center but was once the Brendan Byrne Arena, and then Continental Airlines Arena in the Meadowlands Complex in East Rutherford, NJ.

ca_arena.jpg

I will also pick up another cruiserweight who can bump and job here by selecting Shannon Moore. I'm going with the more gothic looking one and not the prepubescent one from WCW.

02.jpg

So much for that tag team I wanted with Moore. For the record, I was going to take the WCW version.

Edit: I'm slightly surprised some people are using their second venue in the exact same city as their previous pick. It'd be different if you were taking a smaller "studio" size venue as the secondary home to represent the weekly show and the bigger arena/stadium as the mega-show location but these selections in particular have come with similarly sized buildings in the same area. I encourged the concept of designing a terriotory but I thought it'd be a little more spaced out.

The Coliseum wasn't that huge of a venue honestly..just large enough to hold a good sized card for tapings and the occasional rock show..it was never some huge building that could hold a super-card.

I figure the Sam Houston could be used more so as a base and hold the weekly or bi-weekly show while The Summit would hold the super-card every other month.

MSG and the The Nassau Coliseum are both gone, so I may as well take the third venue in the "holy trinity" of big stadiums in the tri-state are by taking what is now known as The Izod Center but was once the Brendan Byrne Arena, and then Continental Airlines Arena in the Meadowlands Complex in East Rutherford, NJ.

ca_arena.jpg

I will also pick up another cruiserweight who can bump and job here by selecting Shannon Moore. I'm going with the more gothic looking one and not the prepubescent one from WCW.

02.jpg

Honestly, I'm kind of shocked the Meadowlands lasted this long.

You fucking rat-fink bastard... you... god dammit!

*goes back to drawing board*

Let's be honest, though... Mitchell and Sullivan together is just... it's just beautiful. You know you like it.

With my next pick I select...

98.jpg

Stacy Keibler.

This pick probably also deserves four pictures. She was a pretty good manager for the Dudleys in WWE, and she was good as Miss Hancock in WCW.

Ok my second choices:

pengrowth_saddledome.jpg

Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta

- Always good to have your main guys home base arena plus it's a permanently hot crowd. Always fun to see how Canadian crowds react to anti-US guys like Hassan's stable.

and

04.jpg

Dawn Marie

- Great heel valet who is annoying, can draw heat and can get involved in the ring. I'm not sure yet who she'll manager but I'm sensing Bagwell and her would make a great heel tandem.

Dawn Marie without the Impact Players is completely wrong.

misshancock_3245.jpg

As is this girl being with Drury's group. She doesn't even fit with the shitty early WWF 90's promotion. (I really just wanted to show off Keibler's strongest assets which the other picture didn't)

Dawn Marie without the Impact Players is completely wrong.

misshancock_3245.jpg

As is this girl being with Drury's group. She doesn't even fit with the shitty early WWF 90's promotion. (I really just wanted to show off Keibler's strongest assets which the other picture didn't)

To be fair to Drury, he does have The Dudley Boyz and she did manage them for a while. I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this but while I agree that Keibler's is one of the hottest women to ever grace the world of professional wrestling with her prescence, she was also one of the most useless. I can't remember her being involed in any decent storylines and her mic skills, even by pro wrestling standards, weren't very good.

Well I specifically said no decent storylines. I can remember way too many storylines overall she was involved in. Like when Scott Steiner and Test were fighting for her love and then Steiner turned heel and they became a tag team with Stacy and she became their shared sex slave *shudders*. Ah crappy 2003 WWE.

Well I know that I want Arena Mexico as another arena. I can't find a picture of the damn place (outside anyway) but that's what I'm selecting.

ArenaMexicoEXT.jpg

Found this picture

I'll put up the wrestler or manager pick when I figure that one out.

First up, my next wrester pick. I'm choosing someone who, while I'm surprised he hasn't been picked already, I'm not totally shocked that he flew under the radar. He was a great shoot-style wrestler back in the days of the UWF-I, and moved on to have a moderately successful career in All Japan. I think he'd have really good matches with Brock Lesnar, and he's someone who would fit just about anywhere on the card. He passed away in January of 2000, and it's his demise to which I attribute his having lasted this long. My next pick is...

6711472_111460010923.jpg

Gary Albright!

And for my second venue, I've decided to go with somewhere in North America. I've eschewed the US in favor of Canada, as I feel a card filled with mostly Japanese wrestlers is more likely to be well received north of the border, and I've picked a venue that I think will reflect that. This venue has hosted a number of major, modern wrestling events, both the sublime and the wretched. My second venue is...

633216673546093750.jpg

The Air Canada Centre!

For my next pick, I do indeed need a manager. My most important belt is my tag title, and I want ChoTen to have a lengthy heel reign. The problem is that at best they are limited in speaking English. ChoTen's reputation will be booked by them being monster heels, but they do need a mouthpiece. I originally drafted Larry Sweeney for this role, but I think I have a better plan for him.

Since they'll be silent ass kickers, I want their manager to be colorful and over the top. Like if they could have Don King as their business agent/hypeman.

04.jpg

So for this, who better than Teddy Long.

And for my next arena I want to run shows out of, I'm taking a building that was the home of WCW's Starcade from 1997-2000 and has hosted a boatload of WWE events during its short life time.

verizoncenter.jpg

Verizon Center (aka the Phone Booth) in Washington, DC

Biscuits and Gravy!

Festus_Jesse_EnglandECW.jpg

Jesse & Festus

I'm programming them with the Natural Disasters. It might not seem like a dream match.. but i've got a storyline brewing.

& my second venue..

Where I hold my weekly TV tapings..

Dalsport.jpg

The Dallas Sportatorium