TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 5/26 - 6/1

Guest Vitamin X
This is so embarrassing. Phucking Phillies.

Hmm?

That 7-1 game going on? Yeah.

If you want to run down pitchers for giving up runs, you're probably getting too emotionally invested in your sports.

Agreed. Carlos Delgado has it coming much more than Ross Ohlendorf does.

If you want to run down pitchers for giving up runs, you're probably getting too emotionally invested in your sports.

Touche. I just hate seeing nice leads pissed away less than 20 minutes later. I like Ross.

And Derek Jeter getting picked off 2nd with two on and two out and A-Rod at the plate. That is annoying too.

Is it safe to assume that Felix Pie would have more than three singles in almost 30 plate appearances?

Damn, too bad Theriot couldn't execute on that bunt.

Guest Vitamin X
Embarrassing to whom though? That's my question.

The Rockies and their fanbase.

Embarrassing to whom though? That's my question.

The Rockies and their fanbase.

The Rockies are so decimated by injuries, it's hard to blame them much for their recent failures. Few teams can survive the loss of guys like Matt Holliday, Troy Tulowitzki and Brad Hawpe all at once.

Grounds crew is poised behind the tarp in Baltimore. Philly just hit a rain delay, probably the same storm system. Should not last too long, but the storms are fairly strong.

Guest Desensitized
This is why the season needs to start in mid-June, right Czech?

I have never said that the season should start in mid-June, Alan. I have said that cold-weather cities shouldn't open the season at home. And as far as I'm concerned, it's summer after Memorial Day. The temperature dropped about 40 degrees here in like two hours, and I'm quite cross about this. I couldn't jog today!

This is why the season needs to start in mid-June, right Czech?

I have never said that the season should start in mid-June, Alan. I have said that cold-weather cities shouldn't open the season at home. And as far as I'm concerned, it's summer after Memorial Day. The temperature dropped about 40 degrees here in like two hours, and I'm quite cross about this. I couldn't jog today!

You can call Memorial Day the first day of summer, but nature obviously disagrees. First day of summer is either june 20 or 21.

Guest Desensitized

No, I'm not going to indulge this. Fuck solstices, I shouldn't be freezing my ass off on May 27th.

No, I'm not going to indulge this. Fuck solstices, I shouldn't be freezing my ass off on May 27th.

Fuck science!

Guest Desensitized

Fuck science!

You're in Tampa. YOU DON'T FEEL MY PAIN. This is why I cling to guns and religion :angry:

And the Braves are a joke. What a joke of a team they are at this moment.

I'm surprised Joe Girardi didn't get himself tossed.

those umps should be suspended or something for trying to continue the game through that rainstorm. And screw Girardi for using the rainstorm to get a cheap double steal in and then arguing about the rain.

The Umps have it in for the Os this year when it comes to bad weather. They played that game back in Chicago through a steady cold rain the entire game to the point where the field wasn't playable at all and they had to suspend the game. then they try and pull this here tonight. Like I said over at the OH, is it going to take someone getting hurt for them to wake up and decide they need to call the game and put the tarp out?

Guest Desensitized
The Umps have it in for the Os

Marvin Harrelson all of a sudden.

Fuck science!

And the Braves are a joke. What a joke of a team they are at this moment.

They do poorly on the road for whatever reason. They're coming off a really strong homestand though

I can't believe we're losing a series to the Orioles. And we're in last place. Not that I'm worried, I never panic with the Yankees, but this is still pretty pathetic. And I'm definitely not thrilled about moving Joba to the rotation, or the month long process it involves. Maybe it helps solve some of our starting pitching issues down the line, but it's just going to cause problems in the bullpen and wreck a perfect combination we had going, one of the few things working right with this club, and in the short term the usage of Joba in preparation of the move leads to losses like tonight where we can't pitch Joba when we need him because he's on a stretching out schedule. Like tonight we used Mo for two innings in a tie game when it should be Joba in that situation, and that's exactly the kind of shit that wore him out when Torre was managing. Mark my words, and I've been saying it since the offseason, trying to balance this change from reliever to starter with the bullpen options we have is going to bite us in the ass big time.

Maybe Hughes can work the 8th when he comes back. And maybe we can trade Joe Girardi for Willie Randolph, that would solve everyones problems. Does Don Mattingly still want the joba?

Tigers waste a good pitching performance for the 2nd day in a row to the Angels. It's still a little early, but things don't seem to be getting any better with this team.

I was a witness to history. Just got back finally from the Reds/Pirates and Jay Bruce couldn't have been more warmly received, or delivered much better. And just let me say kudos to Adam Dunn, 3-run blast put us over the top and we never looked back and then added another RBI next inning. It's so good to see Dunn firing on all cylinders right now.

But Bruce man...BRUCE!!!

I can't believe we're losing a series to the Orioles. And we're in last place. Not that I'm worried, I never panic with the Yankees, but this is still pretty pathetic. And I'm definitely not thrilled about moving Joba to the rotation, or the month long process it involves. Maybe it helps solve some of our starting pitching issues down the line, but it's just going to cause problems in the bullpen and wreck a perfect combination we had going, one of the few things working right with this club, and in the short term the usage of Joba in preparation of the move leads to losses like tonight where we can't pitch Joba when we need him because he's on a stretching out schedule. Like tonight we used Mo for two innings in a tie game when it should be Joba in that situation, and that's exactly the kind of shit that wore him out when Torre was managing. Mark my words, and I've been saying it since the offseason, trying to balance this change from reliever to starter with the bullpen options we have is going to bite us in the ass big time.

Maybe Hughes can work the 8th when he comes back. And maybe we can trade Joe Girardi for Willie Randolph, that would solve everyones problems. Does Don Mattingly still want the joba?

Here's what I don't understand. The Yankees have a nice bullpen setup with Chamberlain leading to Rivera. They are also under .500. Doesn't that put the importance of relief pitchers into perspective? I'm sorry, but a guy pitching the eighth inning only when his team is ahead is not as important as nine position starters or any of your starting pitchers. The Yankees were only in the game because they scored eight runs. Had they a reliable starter who throws a quality start (three runs, six innings), they win that game easily.