TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Random Thoughts

Keep in mind that HHH was really banged up for that KOTR 02 match and it really had zero heat or anticipation. Also Lesnar killed the crowd beyond dead with the KOTR win. That HHH/UT match did suck though, but not as bad as Austin/UT from Backlash 02. That one might be the worst match of either man's career.

I was at that PPV.

After RVD and Jericho lost (I think it was those two) everyone just sat down and didn't say shit besides the fat white trash bitch in front of us goin bonkers for Jaime Knoble the whole time.

Keep in mind that HHH was really banged up for that KOTR 02 match and it really had zero heat or anticipation. Also Lesnar killed the crowd beyond dead with the KOTR win. That HHH/UT match did suck though, but not as bad as Austin/UT from Backlash 02. That one might be the worst match of either man's career.

I was at that PPV.

After RVD and Jericho lost (I think it was those two) everyone just sat down and didn't say shit besides the fat white trash bitch in front of us goin bonkers for Jaime Knoble the whole time.

My best memory of that show was the "She's a crack whore" chant at Nidia. I thought I was back at an ECW show for 30 seconds.

I kind of enjoyed the Test/Lesnar match from KOTR 2002. Especially the stiff as fuck running big boot that Test gave Lesnar towards the end of the match. RVD/Jericho was decent, but Jericho received so much flack about it on his website that he decided to stop writing on there for quite a while.

I agree with the rest of you that GOOD GOD HHH/Taker for the Undisputed Title was bad. Actually, both have really stepped up their game in recent years, so I think they could really do something special if given the chance, next year.

HHH vs. Taker at WM17 was a good match, so we all know that KotR '02 was an abomination. But it still doesn't excuse it. That was easily the worst main event of 2002.

The funny thing about that was Jericho (at least in 2002) was Batura's favourite wrestler. What a totally random thing to happen - being blamed for a wrestler cutting off ties to the internet.

I got the bit about Jericho being his favourite wrestler by re-reading a column I wrote in 2003 which also contained an e-mail from Alex Pierson from City TV saying she was not in a lesbian relationship with Trish Stratus. What a bizarre column.

I was at that PPV.

My best memory of that show was the "She's a crack whore" chant at Nidia. I thought I was back at an ECW show for 30 seconds.

I really miss the days of Jamie Noble and Nidia. That was entertaining TV.

The funny thing about that was Jericho (at least in 2002) was Batura's favourite wrestler. What a totally random thing to happen - being blamed for a wrestler cutting off ties to the internet.

I got the bit about Jericho being his favourite wrestler by re-reading a column I wrote in 2003 which also contained an e-mail from Alex Pierson from City TV saying she was not in a lesbian relationship with Trish Stratus. What a bizarre column.

Batura?

who?

I have to admit I'm lost with this Batura guy being mentioned. From what I recall that RVD/Jericho match from KOTR 02 was a very good match, but not a classic like Jericho insisted. The Unforgiven 2001 match....that one is a forgotten classic.

About Wrestlemania 25 next year in Houston, I think that the money is on Cena vs Batista for the World Heavyweight title on the Raw side and Triple H vs Undertaker (and not Triple H vs Edge) for the WWE title on the Smackdown side. Anything else would be a HUGE letdown IMO.

What do you think ?

Meh. I'd rather see Undertaker Vs. Michaels.

Triple H-Undertaker would be pointless since they have already faced each other at WM and in Houston, no less. At this point, I'd see a group of main events consisting of Batista-Cena, Taker-Shawn, Punk-Orton and HHH-Edge.

Batura?

who?

Basically, in one of those things I'm pretty sure only me and Enigma remember (since Mr. Batura himself didn't even know he did anything until I e-mailed him to ask something for a column in 2003), he sent feedback to the Torch stating Jericho vs RVD at KOTR 2002 was "meh". Jericho went on his website, threw a fit about it, and said he was done with the net.

When and why did CM Punk change his finisher from the Anaconda Vice to The GTS?

But according to SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 (which was my source for who used what moves in ECW), Punk was using both for a period of time. I figure now that he's a main eventer (for now) he can revert to having two potential finishers and the ability to build submission suspense.

Kane: "Oh, JR's on the CW? Well, I don't get that channel." He turns to the camera. "I'm going to demand that my local cable provider carry the CW. And so should you!" Punctuated with an Uncle Sam-esque point to the camera.

Anyone happen to have the results from the house show in Augusta, GA tonbight? Our dumb ass local rock station has been advertising it for at least a month like this: "JOIN US AT THE JAMES BROWN ARENA ON SUNDAY, JULY 13TH AS WWE SMACKDOWN AND ECW PRESENT SUMMERSLAM LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW! MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR SIGNS AND GET NOTICED ON TV IN FRONT OF THE WORLD!" Any chance they could land in hot water for the not so true advertisement?

Anyone happen to have the results from the house show in Augusta, GA tonbight? Our dumb ass local rock station has been advertising it for at least a month like this: "JOIN US AT THE JAMES BROWN ARENA ON SUNDAY, JULY 13TH AS WWE SMACKDOWN AND ECW PRESENT SUMMERSLAM LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW! MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR SIGNS AND GET NOTICED ON TV IN FRONT OF THE WORLD!" Any chance they could land in hot water for the not so true advertisement?

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/5991/105/

Teddy Long came out and announced the card and said fans could text message what kind of match stipulations they wanted in the main event.

1. Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle beat Carlito w/ new hair style. Carlito actually looks better.

2. Great Khali beat Evan Bourne. Went about three minutes and not much to it. Bourne barely did anything.

3. Kennedy beat Mike Knox. No microphone came down from the ceiling which Kennedy disapproved of.

4. Miz and Morrision beat Jesse and Festus. Great comedy from the Miz and Festus is just awesome when he gets to wrestle.

5. Matt Hardy beat MVP and Shelton Benjamin in a triple threat match. Benjamin is from the nearby area and got a smattering of cheers. Hardy was beloved.

6. Michelle Mccool and Cherry beat Victoria and Maryse. Mccool made Maryse tap out to a ridiculous ankle hold that no one expected. Maryse has such great heel charisma. Victoria got an atomic wedgie.

7. Mark Henry w/ Tony Atlas beat Tommy Dreamer. Lots of time spent on a wristlock on Dreamer. After the splash Dreamer lay in the ring forever.

8. Jeff Hardy beat Edge in the No-DQ main event where the fans "texted" their "vote". The only match of the night the fans were into. Fun match that spilled all over the arena.

I have no idea if this has been discussed, but if WWE ever released a CM Punk DVD, does anyone think they'll try and get in touch with ROH, IWA-MS and others to get some of his more famous indy matches?

Would be interesting if they did.

I have no idea if this has been discussed, but if WWE ever released a CM Punk DVD, does anyone think they'll try and get in touch with ROH, IWA-MS and others to get some of his more famous indy matches?

Would be interesting if they did.

Punk already has about 3 or 4 (maybe more) Best of DVDs so I don't know that'd be absolutely neccesary but it could be cool for a complete set.