TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I was wondering how long it would take LotC to switch to one of those gifs from his Silva-Kondo stomping one. Nice to see my psychic powers are not failing.

Mirko is apparently considering retirement incidentally. He's certainly got enough money and he apparently wants to spend next NYE with his family. I guess these two decisions against Fedor and Hunt have really knocked his confidence down.

3? Fedor, Noguiera & Hunt have already bested him, and then there's the theoretical match-ups vs. Arlovski & Kharitonov.

Theoretical bullshit aside, I wouldn't consider Hunt the #3 HW in PRIDE just yet. Nog and Fedor will always be holding down and the #1 and #2 spots, respectively. Either way, if Cro Cop doesn't come back and win the HW GP then he needs to consider whether it's in his best interest in staying in a company where you're not terrible enough to suck and not good enough to be the champion or top contender.

I believe that anyone that can take Hunt to the ground can beat him. He's too inexperienced on the ground, and his last two fights didn't necessarily help him in that regard; fighting someone he has seventy pounds on and someone who is 98% of the time a standup fighter.

Hunt does, however, possess the strongest chin in the history of K-1/MMA.

PRIDE has different names for their divisions.

Heavyweight = Heavyweight

Middleweight = Light Heavyweight

Welterweight = Middleweight

Lightweight = Welterweight

UFC readjusted their belts after the Zuffa takeover where they were trying to get in favour of NSAC regulators (middleweight used to be their LHW too), whereas PRIDE keeps it the same. The weight difference at Welterweight being 183 instead of 185, I imagine, is because Middleweight is 93 kilos, which is equal to 205lbs, and Welterweight is 10 kilos less at 83 kilos, which is equal to 183lbs.

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

PRIDE's lightweight is closer to a lightweight division than a welterweight division. A good indicator of that is the fact that all the guys that competed in it were lightweights beforehand, save Mach who dropped and is considered a lightweight.

Since there's no thread for it yet and I'm too Mexican to make one, my 2005 awards:

Fighter of the Year: Maurico "Shogun" Rua

- Runner up: Takanori Gomi

Fight of the Year: Hayato Sakurai vs. Joachim Hansen

- Runner up: Joachim Hansen vs. Caol Uno

KO of the Year: James Irvin's flying knee on Terry Martin

- Runner up: Mamoru Yamaguchi's high kick on Stonnie Dennis

Submission of the Year: Genki Sudo's triangle choke on Hiroyuki Takaya

- Runner up: Un Sik Song's armbar on Michihisa Asano

Upset of the Year: Hideo Tokoro def. Alexandre Franca Noguiera via TKO

- Runner up: Diego Sanchez def. Nick Diaz via Unanimous Decision

...what am I forgetting?

Guest Brian

Marquadt was cleared today by the NSAC. False positive was caused by a combo of three other non-performance enhancing, legal drugs in his system from the looks of things. He had passed two different tests in Vegas and Denver.

WOW. I just heard Tito Ortiz on UFC.tv

Matt Hughes called Tito a 'drama king and an idiot' and didn't think it was a good idea for him to be on TUF because he wants the sport to stay pure.

Tito's response?

"That Matt Hughes, I watched the reality show when he was on it man, and I wasn't sure if that guy was gay or he was straight."

Wow.

:lol: not bad at all. Just saw Penn vs. Duane Ludwig and Penn vs. Hughes, GSP's sprawl is going to have to be A-Grade if he's going to win at 58.

It looked as sharp as a tack against Sherk, but Sean doesn't set-up his takedowns nearly as well as BJ, and has often relied on brute strength to get past an opponent's takedown D.

Also, Tito & Matt have been jawing at each other for years now. Tito calls Matt a gay roider, Matt calls Tito an overrated idiot, wtc. Rinse and repeat.

Also, Tito & Matt have been jawing at each other for years now. Tito calls Matt a gay roider, Matt calls Tito an overrated idiot, wtc. Rinse and repeat.

Obviously, they want each other, and not in the octagon.

UFN 3 (I think it's #3) Card:

Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard vs Josh 'The Dentist' Neer

Jonathan "The Road Warrior" Goulet vs Duane "Bang" Ludwig

Alex "Assassin" Karalexis vs Jason "Live Wire" Von Flue

Chris "The Crippler" Leben vs Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera

Drew "The Master" Fickett vs Josh "The People's Warrior" Burkman

Spencer "The King" Fisher vs Aaron Riley

Stephan "American Psycho" Bonnar vs James "Sandman" Irvin

Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia vs Assuerio Silva

Thoughts?

I'm yet to see Silva, but apparently he's good, yes?

I think Bonnar-Irvin will be good. I want Bonnar to win, even though that flying knee of Irvin's at UFC54 was awesome.

I hope Bonnar isn't stupid and tries to stand and bang with Irvin because it could cost him, his best bet is to take him down (where Irvin has shown next to nothing) and deal with it from there.

I got home and the TV was still on. I'm in the kitchen and I hear the words "Mixed Martial Arts" and I go in the living room to see what's up. It's the Crocodile Hunter. Who trains in MMA. That is so fucking awesome. The dude fights Crocodiles for a living, how can you beat him?! (Answer: Knee bar)

Steve Irwin is insane, and a fucktard. Australians hate him.... although you Americans sure do get a kick out of my Croc Hunter impression.

Quick fantasy booking question - would Tito vs. Hughes ever happen outside of a no weight limit tourny? And if it did, who would win?

Obviously, they want each other, and not in the octagon.

UFN 3 (I think it's #3) Card:

Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard vs Josh 'The Dentist' Neer

Jonathan "The Road Warrior" Goulet vs Duane "Bang" Ludwig

Alex "Assassin" Karalexis vs Jason "Live Wire" Von Flue

Chris "The Crippler" Leben vs Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera

Drew "The Master" Fickett vs Josh "The People's Warrior" Burkman

Spencer "The King" Fisher vs Aaron Riley

Stephan "American Psycho" Bonnar vs James "Sandman" Irvin

Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia vs Assuerio Silva

Thoughts?

This monday night in prime time?