TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I don't think this is UFC's doing, IIRC it's his PRIDE contract carrying over but with the typical UFC clause inserted that they have the right to cut you after a loss. They saw an opening and went for it.

They were obviously hoping he'd continue his ways though, which makes me wonder why his first fight was against Machida. I guess they were hoping Machida got blasted.

Because of the way he fucking showed up on the scene... I mean, they were hoping for Machida to get knocked the fuck out and build Sokoudjou up as a star. He's young, has a marketable look, and is an exciting fighter. They had big hopes for him and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in two or three years under a "better" contract in their eyes.

Shit, if there wasn't another promotion out there that will overpay him, he'd more than likely get a quick restructured contract to sign.

I'd never heard of it, but I just got done watching the S-Cup tournament.

I really recommend that if you can manage to see it. It's K-1 Rules but with limited grappling. No ground work, but standing subs and takedowns are legal.

Andy Souwer, Chris Horodecki, Luiz Azeredo, and others are in it. Really fun stuff.

I've never seen much K-1 MAX, so this was the first time I'd seen some of the other fighters...I was really impressed with Hiroki Shishido, who has absolutely no striking power but makes up for it by being a constant fireball of activity. And the final thirty seconds of the first semi final are some of the nuttiest stuff I've ever seen in combat fighting.

So track it down.

As was mentioned elsewhere: is it an unspoken agreement that Alistair's supicious muscle gain is not to be talked about?

*Knees Lei in the balls*

*Clubs Lei with giant hammer, drags limp body out of room*

As was mentioned elsewhere: is it an unspoken agreement that Alistair's supicious muscle gain is not to be talked about?

I thought he was suspicious before he even made the weight jump.

The best non-UFC WW not named Shields aka TJ Grant of Halifax, NS notched another win last night in Phoenix Fighting Promotions last night with a third round submission win over previously unbeaten Beau Baker inciting chants of "UFC! UFC! UFC!" from the ringside crowd.

Dana, sign this kid.

Sapp's only hope would have been to bullrush Hari since he'd be so dramatically bigger, bull him into a corner and pound away. Just like how he beat Hoost.

The problem is, Sapp clearly does not give two ounces of care about fighting. So the fight would have probably went twenty seconds before Hari popped him and Sapp folded.

I love Black Friday sales.

Groundfighter.com is running a special where if you buy Demian Maia's Science of Jiu-jitsu 2 DVD set, you get a free DVD set with it. They are also running a 30% off black friday deal that ends in 10 minutes. So I'm very happy that I picked up Science of Jiu-jitsu 2 and Marcelo Garcia Series 1 DVD's sets for a total of $125 (including taxes & s+h).

Massive amounts of savings since each set alone is $150 (less taxes & s+h).

TJ Grant is overhyped, don't forget he did lose to Jesse Bongfeldt earlier this year.

Props to Jesse for pulling it out but let's be up-front here and point out that Grant was completely owning him for two rounds and change. I'd have Grant in a rematch no question.

The best non-UFC WW not named Shields aka TJ Grant of Halifax, NS notched another win last night in Phoenix Fighting Promotions last night with a third round submission win over previously unbeaten Beau Baker inciting chants of "UFC! UFC! UFC!" from the ringside crowd.

Dana, sign this kid.

TJ Grant is not even the best non-UFC WW in CANADA... John Alessio would smash him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/sylvia-ai...-shamrock-15363

After losing to Fedor Emelianenko last July, Tim Sylvia plans for a big return.

The former UFC heavyweight champion is prepared to fight in Japan in roughly 30 days. Sylvia’s manager, Monte Cox, is actively seeking a fight for “The Maine-iac” on K-1 and Dream’s co-promoted “Premium 2008 Dynamite” card on Dec. 31 or World Victory Road’s Sengoku event on Jan. 4. Cox said Sylvia has been granted a certificate of eligibility to participate in either promotion.

“I don’t think anyone ever knows until about a week before they fight,” said Sylvia of preparing for an opponent in one of the Japanese organizations.

Sylvia (24-5) hoped to return to Affliction in January, but Cox confirmed that the 6-foot-8 heavyweight will sit out the novice promotion’s second show set for Jan. 24 in Anaheim, Calif., which features an Emelianenko-Andrei Arlovski clash.

Sylvia, who also has a contract with Cox’s Adrenaline MMA promotion, has been eyeing a meeting with UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock (26-13-2).

“I was supposed to fight Ken Shamrock December 20, but it’s been postponed to February now,” said Sylvia. “He’s a free agent. I was supposed to fight him in a small show called XP3 Promotions. I believe in Texas, but it’s postponed to February now.”

Cox echoed Sylvia’s position that a bout with the 44-year-old Shamrock was in the works.

However, Melissa Ingram, director of media relations for Ken Shamrock Entertainment Inc., was hesitant to describe the fight as being in “preliminary negotiations.”

Shamrock’s manager Ron Donohoo told Sherdog.com on Monday that the bout was not under consideration.

“Our organization was approached some time ago about the prospect of Ken fighting Sylvia, but it was rejected,” Donohoo wrote in an email.

Donohoo did not disclose the reason the fight was declined. XP3 Promotions, which has a Feb. 7 event scheduled at the Reliant Arena in Houston according to its Web site, was not immediately available for comment.

Despite the opposing sides, Sylvia expects to see much action in the coming months, including a fight with Shamrock.

“I love to fight and a fight’s a fight,” said Sylvia. “He’s a Hall of Famer. He’s a legend. To progress your career you always have to fight somebody like that.

“I don’t know if he’s a stepping stone or anything, but he’s been on some of the same cards I’ve been on and he’s been highlighted over me, so I want to let people that I am better than this guy and there’s no reason he should have been highlighted over me.”

There wouldn't be a "finally" behind that statement if Fedor had decided to punch him a few more times.

Anyway, I feel bad for Sylvia really. The guy wants to be respected, and loved so badly. I can't see K-1 or Sengoku booking him. He has even less drawing power in Japan then he does in the US.

Sylvia really needs to just kiss and make up with UFC at this rate. Even though I don't think he'd ever win the title again. He'd atleast be on the main stage again.