TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

He just got beat by Josh Neer who, while tough, isn't exactly top-flight so I don't think you're in much of a position to say he'd dominate top-flight, number 1 supreme assfucking fighters Noons and Berto.

You said this. FACT.

Can I also point out how awesome my sig is? Not typically a Mandy Moore fan but she looks uber cute in that with the icing on the cake being her possibly saying "go john" with the double thumbs. My sig is cheering me the fuck on.

Where did I say Noons and Berto are top-flight? Awww, right. Nowhere.

Noons would get embarassed on the ground against Thomas, and Berto would get outstruck badly by Thomas. As I said Neer is more well rounded then both of them. Are you forgetting Noons got KTFO by Krazy Horse? He looked good against Diaz, but Diaz has the tendency to start fights slow... I think if the fight would've went on, he would've eventually submited Noons... And if they ever rematch, Diaz would embarass him.

Edwards and Diaz would provide interesting fights for Thomas, as both are very well-rounded like Thomas... They both have very good skillsets, although Diaz's has been slacking with his boxing lately, settling for pussy pity pater punches.

Tommy Speer is heading to the WEC, which is probably best for everyone involved.

I don't personally like him as a fighter but I can see that he has potential to at least get a chance.

“I love boxing for what it is, but you see so many different things and a higher pace in UFC fights. You can see punching, wrestling, submissions. If boxing is like shooting a 9-millimeter, imagine adding in a bazooka and machine gun. With the more weapons we have, the interest will come around. The key thing is just to educate.” – Roger Huerta

The Sexican brings the quoteability.

Mir and Nog named coaches for TUF8... title fight on the New Year's card.

Um, good for Frank?

I think he's back from his crash but I'm not sure how he beats Nogueira.

Are UFC fighters paid by fight or do they get some sort of downsize guarantee a year like the WWE does with it's wrestlers? The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if those fighters, like Nog, Rampage, and Forest, prefer to fight regularly and get paid more often, or if they enjoy the time off because they can live comfortably off sponsorship money and a little sumthin'-sumthin'?

Most of the top guys now have some sweet fucking sponsor deals, but yeah this sucks. Plus, there needs to be another heavyweight TUF, even though the show fucking sucks. Nothing is going to beat that first season.

I'm sad to report that my Roger Huerta manlove appreciation tattoo is indefinitely on hold.

The reason being that I bought a house today! Good a reason as any, I suppose.

I'm sad to report that my Roger Huerta manlove appreciation tattoo is indefinitely on hold.

Just get a mural of the tat painted in or outside the house.

So when are the UFC viewing parties starting up?

It closes on 6/30, so my best guess would be UFC 86. Hopefully I run into some fight fans in Syracuse.

"I had such a very hard time in the beginning," Nogueira said. "I wanted to survive and build my body again. There was physical therapy for my legs and my lungs. I had to rebuild the muscles around my diaphragm. It made my mind strong for sure."

He needed 300 stitches to sew his body back together. He lost part of his lung. He had two cracked ribs and his spleen removed. He needed time to heel a torn Achilles' tendon, crushed knee and bruised liver.

"The fights are easy compared to what I went through," smiled Nogueira, who after a succession of surgeries was whole again. He still has physical therapy, acupuncture and weight training three days a week.

"Most of today's fighters when they get injured they stop. I am tough, it is my passion. When I get hurt, I fix it and go back fighting. It is my strength and prayers that got me this far."

"Nothing compares to when you are in coma and you hear voices and think you are dying," Nogueira said. "Then you come out of the coma and hear more voices saying you will not walk, not play sports, not be normal. And all the time your mind is fighting back saying, you will be strong, you will fight. I think I have been fighting ever since."

NOG.

So the May-to-June transition is going to be quite a time for MMA fans....

May 24th UFC 84

May 31st Elite XC

June 1st WEC Pulver vs. Faber

June 7th UFC 85

That is quite the lineup for a 2 week period!!!

My lease in Ithaca ends May 27th and my house doesn't close until June 30th... I found temporary housing while I wait to move in to my new home but there's a distinct possibility that I miss EliteXC, WEC, UFC 85 and the TUF 7 finale because I won't have cable at my temporary housing. I am not happy about it.

I'm hoping to find a wireless signal to attach on to and get the torrents and/or steams.

My lease in Ithaca ends May 27th and my house doesn't close until June 30th... I found temporary housing while I wait to move in to my new home but there's a distinct possibility that I miss EliteXC, WEC, UFC 85 and the TUF 7 finale because I won't have cable at my temporary housing. I am not happy about it.

I'm hoping to find a wireless signal to attach on to and get the torrents and/or steams.

Do you have any sportsbars in town? Most of them around here now show UFC PPVs. And, Elite EX is on free tv, try sticking a paperclip in the back of your tv where you would usually plug the cable/satellite cable into, that usually provides a decent enough antenna to pick up CBS.

Or

Do you have any friends that watch MMA?