TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Without GSP on the card I don't think there's as much of a danger of it selling out as quickly as last time.

Having said that, it will sell out quicker then most UFC shows and I know from personal experience that it's because of Fight Club that I was able to get tickets so take from that what you will.

Cool, thanks for the info.

You have to join fight club to get any sort of good, "cheap" ticket. The scalping will be amazing after the pre-sale. The 80 (?) bucks you spend on fight club will be better than the 300 bucks you spend on a 50 dollar ticket.

Also, buy extras and sell them for double. The show will definitely sell out. Take away all the people who bought tickets last time and you still have enough to fill the bell centre.

I find it impossible to believe that Gomi walked around at heavyweight. Most of his career, even when he fought in Shooto or wrestled All Japan Combat Wrestling Championship he always weighed pretty low. Nowadays he's one of the bigger lightweights, but I have doubts he walks around heavier then say Sean Sherk or even Joe Stevenson and Clay Guida.

Nowadays when the lazy fuck is just training an hour a day, then partying and drinking for the rest of the day he walks around 190.

Fucking Gomi :( :angry:

You have to join fight club to get any sort of good, "cheap" ticket. The scalping will be amazing after the pre-sale. The 80 (?) bucks you spend on fight club will be better than the 300 bucks you spend on a 50 dollar ticket.

Also, buy extras and sell them for double. The show will definitely sell out. Take away all the people who bought tickets last time and you still have enough to fill the bell centre.

I figured it'd probably be worth it so thanks for confirming.

Here's the list so far, with Breen's help. We tried to skewer towards active fighters with a few exceptions. Anyway, best fighters by country of birth:

Afghanistan- Siya Bahadurzada

America- BJ Penn

Angola- Joao Roque

Argentina- Alex Schnoenauer

Armenia- Gegard Mousasi

Australia- George Sotiropoulos

Austria- Michael Ettl

Azerbaijan- Teymur Aliev

Bahamas- Yves Edwards

Belarus- Andrei Arlovski

Belgium- Tommy Depret

Brazil Anderson Silva

Bulgaria- Jordan Radev

Cameroon- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

Canada- Georges St. Pierre

Chechnya-Mamed Khalidov

Chile- Fabian Acuna

China- Liu Jing Wen

Colombia- Hans Marrero

Costa Rica- Ariel Sexton

Croatia- Goran Reljic

Cuba- Hector Lombard

Cyprus- Michael Bisping

Czech Republic- Andre Reinders

Denmark- Martin Kampmann

Dominican Republic- Omar de la Cruz

Egypt- Ali Ibrahim

England- Alistair Overeem

Finland- Jerry Kvarnstrom

France David Baron

Georgia- Tengiz Tegoradze

Germany- Peter Sobotta

Greece- Stav Economou

Guam- Jesse Taitano

Guatemala- Luis Ciraiz

Haiti- Edson Berto

Honduras- Jovany Varela

Iceland- Arni Isaksson

Indonesia- Fransino Tirta

Iraq- Mushtaq Abdullah

Ireland- James Doolan, Chris Stringer

Israel- Ido Pariente

Italy- Gustavo Piccone

Ivory Coast- Bernard Ackah

Japan- Shinya Aoki

Korea- Dong Hyung Kim

Lithuania-Deividas Taurosevicius

Mexico- Antonio Duarte

Mongolia-Jadamba Narantungalag

Netherlands- Semmy Schilt

New Zealand- Mark Hunt

Nigeria- Andy Ologun

Norway- Joachim Hansen

Papua New Guinea- Adrian Pang

Peru- Tony DeSouza

Poland- Tomasz Drwal

Portugal- Nelson Semedo

Puerto Rico- Chris Manuel

Romania- Catalin Zmarandescu

Russia- Alexander Shlemenko

Saint Pierre and Miquelon- Denis Kang

South Africa- Trevor Prangley

Spain- Daniel Tabera

Sweden- David Bielkheden

Switzerland- Peter Mettler

Thailand- Rombaa Somdet

Tonga- Peni Tuafa'ao

Turkey- Sami Berik

Wales- Paul Jenkins

Venezuela- Maximo Blanco

Ukraine- Fedor Emelianenko

Here's the list so far, with Breen's help. We tried to skewer towards active fighters with a few exceptions. Anyway, best fighters by country of birth:

America- BJ Penn

Mexico- Antonio Duarte

England- Alistair Overeem

Netherlands- Semmy Schilt

My opinion...

America- Rashad Evans

Mexico- Efrain Escudero

England- Dan Hardy

Netherlands- Melvin Manhoef

As far as Rashad and Efrain goes, it's hard to go against undefeated fighters especially considering the level of competition Rashad has fought. Don't know too much about Duarte though, so I'll admit my ignorance there.

Dan Hardy has been on role, and if he can beat Rory it will only further my argument. Alistair is going decent in a shitty division, but I expect when he faces a talented 10 HW, he will eventually lose. But I can see why you can rank Alistair over Hardy, but I'm going to go with Hardy! Ain't nothin you can do about it!

Melvin Manhoef has done much more recently in the current MMA scene then Semmy Schlit has. I know you don't like Melvin because he ain't a grappler, but him knocking out Mark Hunt in 18 seconds gives him this crown.

Forgot Manhoef... for Suriname. I had Rashad over BJ originally, and go back and forth in my head. As is, the list is hardly meant to be definitive. Also considering Coenen for Netherlands, Daly for Ireland, and Lungu for Romania.

Forgot Manhoef... for Suriname. I had Rashad over BJ originally, and go back and forth in my head. As is, the list is hardly meant to be definitive. Also considering Coenen for Netherlands, Daly for Ireland, and Lungu for Romania.

How about Paul Daley for England. And just found out Melvin was born in Suriname... Either way I would say there has to be a better MMA fighter from the Netherlands then Semmy Schlit.

But wins over Shamrock, Randleman, and other Heavyweights while he should have been a natural middleweight (185) is really fucking impressive, even in the current climate. Take into account that this was when these guys were in their prime and not washed up (whereas nowadays a win over Shamrock is still worth something, if you're a fan of Cung Le). Underrated in my opinion. Way more impressive than anything Schilt has done in MMA. His wins in K-1 are in a horrible time for that company also.

Kid Yamamoto would be my pick for Japan.

- Rios was born in California, Duarte was born in Tijuana.

- Rutten is pretty much retired again, and far past his physical prime. If this were '98, I'd probably put him up. Schilt, if nothing else, is somewhat active, and despite being a limited fighter, is still comparable to most native born Dutchmen around nowadays.

- I'll probably put Shinya Aoki for Japan, at least until KID stops being an injury-prone fag and starts fighting again.

Yeah. The only exception I can think of for the moment is Joao Roque for Angola, because really, who the fuck else is there?

I'm also kind of surprised nobody's noticed the white boy Breen had me slip in.

Ross_Clifton2.JPG

this 6'8 360 lb Ross Clifton is 1-6 in his last 7 fights and is taking on Ken Shamrock Feb 13th

Can Shamrock do it?

Uhhhh, I dunno. Shamrock doesn't have power on his feet, and I don't think he can take dude down. Please retire, Kenny

"War Machine" got himself kicked out of another MMA company with his dumbass comments, here's his retort

Seems War Machine is being censored again. I can't speak my mind at all without all the [expletive] higher-ups in the industry getting their panties in a wad. Just how my Evan Tanner bulletin got me kicked out of the UFC it seems that I have been kicked off the Bellator show before it has even begun. Seems they don’t like it when their fighters speak their mind on the politics of the USA and its [expletive]-ass presidents.

Guess I should just erase my MySpace page and/or just keep MY opinions to MYSELF? So much for living in a "free" country right? So much for the "freedom of speech" right? I guess you're only allowed those things if you are a natural born citizen of the US.....or maybe you only pay 30K+ a year in taxes....maybe only if you're not a convicted felon....HMMMM....wait a minute I match ALL of the criteria above. SO maybe the real answer is you can only enjoy your "freedom" when they think you say exactly what THEY want you to.

Well I say [expletive] that! I’m not changing for anyone or any dollar amount. I could have earned over a quarter million in that tournament but I don't give a [expletive]. I'm no one's sheep and I will always be true to my beliefs.

WM

P.S. [Expletive] an Obama, [expletive] a Disney, [expletive] an ESPN and [expletive] the Bellator Fighting Championship