TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Mayhems lunch with Kimbo. Truly the greatest thing ever.

"What's it like being the scariest black man alive?"

The best part was when Kimbo was giving shout outs and what have you near the end and Bas is in the background just goofing off

As of now here's the top 3 for UFC 84:

# B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk

# Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida

# Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Looking awesome.

Poor Keith Jardine. Beats Liddell and then proceeds to get sidelined meanwhile people are all "Maybe Chuck IS ready for Rampage again" after beating Wanderlei.

I hope Jardine fights Shogun in MTL... Makes the most sense.

Right Shogun. Wrong guy.

Chuck in the latest Sports Illustrated:

“Possibly Mauricia “Shogun” Hua. (sic) That’s what they’re saying. If it’s the June fight, it will probably be in London. But my trainer is trying to get it moved to Vegas. Too far. (Liddell is based in San Luis Obispo, Calif.)”

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard @ UFN 13 in April. This card is one of the best shows UFC has put on, period in quite some time.

Joe Lauzon vs Kenny Florian

Karo Parysian vs Thiago Alves

Matt Hammil vs Stephan Bonnar

Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar

Anthony Johnson vs Tommy Speer

Din Thomas vs Josh Neer

Clay Guida vs Semmy Schiavo

Spencer Fisher vs Marcus Aurelio

AWE-SOME

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard @ UFN 13 in April. This card is one of the best shows UFC has put on, period in quite some time.

Joe Lauzon vs Kenny Florian

Karo Parysian vs Thiago Alves

Matt Hammil vs Stephan Bonnar

Houston Alexander vs James Irvin

Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar

Anthony Johnson vs Tommy Speer

Din Thomas vs Josh Neer

Clay Guida vs Semmy Schiavo

Spencer Fisher vs Marcus Aurelio

AWE-SOME

That's better than some of the main cards we've gotten lately.

I agree. Now that I can get all the undercard fights I'm even more excited about it.

I'm about 100 pages into "A Fighter's Heart" by Sam Sheridan and I highly recommend it. He's training at Brazalian Top Team now and there's already been 30 pages each devoted to training muay Thai in Thailand and a long stretch of training with MFS in Iowa. He's a great writer and he gets really in depth with all of these camps and experiences. Highly recommended by me.

Reading the comments section on any junkie, mania, etc. blog post seriously makes me question society. It's like a competition as to who can sound the dumbest while also projecting the most confidence in their opinion.

Randy Couture is the heavyweight champion but for legal reasons they can not (or don't want to) strip him of the title. I'm not exactly sure of the exact legal reason why they want him as the champion - but they do. I think that deep down Dana probably wants him to come back so he hasn't stripped him yet. Minotauro is the "interim" champion but in reality he IS the heavyweight champion because all indications are that Randy is never coming back.

Georges St. Pierre is the interim welterweight champion because Matt Serra hasn't defended his championship in nearly a year and pulled out of his championship match with Matt Hughes on 12/30. Matt Hughes wanted it to be a 5 round fight because he felt like he had an edge in cardio and training over GSP. They wanted to have someone to call champion while Serra was on the shelf for so long.

Didn't the Serra/GSP match get pushed back because George was injured the first time. Matt Serra is taking way too much shit for the UFC themselves holding the title up for the reality show, and then being unlucky enough to get hurt

In March Josh Barnett is fighting a guy named Hidehiko Yoshida (7-5-1) for a company called World Victory Road. Dude's record sucks, but he's fought a lot of top guys and has beaten Mark Hunt and Don Fry. And drawing with Royce

Is there a point in saying "A guy named" when you're following that up with his actual name?

Yoshida also got smashed by everybody's favorite DVD-loving Brit......

t_911james20thompson024ai_1_.jpg

Barnett by extending shellacking only because he's getting paid extra to carry Yoshida like Wanderlei did.

WVR also just signed Gomi.

It's looking extremely likely that Keith Jardine/Wandy is going to be on for May. That should be another banger... great matchup. A win for Jardine and I gotta think he's got the winner of Griffin/Rampage.

Wow...what's his walking around weight these days. Tito hasn't had an impressive win in a long time, and hasn't finished anyone not named Shamrock in even longer...I say he gets his ass kicked

Yoshida/Barnett goes to a decision. Neither is going to be able to finish each other. Barnett won't be able to tap Yoshida, and he won't be able to KO him either.

Yoshida gets absolutely no respect online, but the guy is fucking TOUGH. He's taken massive ass beatings, and keeps coming back. That James Thompson fight that Curry mentions, he doesn't mention that it was Yoshida's first fight back from having his knee ripped apart by Mirko Cro Cop's leg kicks (Where Yoshida actually motioned for Mirko to kick him in the HEAD and not his repaired knee), and even with the ungodly size difference, it still took Thompson several minutes of straight assbeating to kill Yoshida. He's too STUPID to die.

The fact that Yoshida basically runs WVR and set this fight up earns my respect. Dude isn't afraid of anyone.

It's the start of Feburary and the fight isn't until May...

Tito won't start training hard for Machida until late March or start of April. Don't blow the picture out of proportion.