TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

The chick you're referring to is Miyata's wife, who K-1 loves to show crying, hence the usual matchmaking regarding Miyata, in contrast Yamamoto's wife & sisters, who are always shown in pure juiblation as he murders people.

I'm actually suprised they didn't do a split screen shot of Miyata's wife hysterically crying while shielding her kids' eyes as the Yamamoto family celebrates.

If I come up with a good idea, I'll take it.

Of course, my (slight) Native American heritage leads me to be wary of you, Pale Face, so I'll get back to you.

In Bloodsport, there's a scene where he trades body kicks with a Muay Thai guy. The Muay Thai guy looked Mexican, which was very confusing, but made sense when his Muay Thai sucked and Van Damme kicked him into oblivion.

I'm not making any sig bets anymore unless somebody feels up to picking Hughes over GSP.

*Eyes YPOV warily*

I'll make one with you. Hughes beats St. Pierre.

In Bloodsport, there's a scene where he trades body kicks with a Muay Thai guy. The Muay Thai guy looked Mexican, which was very confusing, but made sense when his Muay Thai sucked and Van Damme kicked him into oblivion.

Bit your fucking tongue. Paco is the shit.

914.jpg

Actually, the guy who played him (Paulo Tocha) is actually a real former MT competitor and now trainer.

Bit your fucking tongue. Paco is the shit.

[gim]http://www.movie-montage.com/images/upload/914.jpg[/img]

Actually, the guy who played him (Paolo Tocha) is actually a real former MT competitor and now trainer.

Why is bloodsport such an entertaining movie. I always watch it when it's on and I pass it, and I always enjoy it, no matter how terrible it really is :P

I can't understand it, I think it has subliminals.

bloodsport04.jpg

And if this folder ever had a banner, this would be it, right??

That's fantastic. Is there any way we can get that put up as the official banner of the TSM mma folder? I love that screenshot, the crazy look in his eyes is just off the charts!

Let's just say I run into one half of the GSP/Hughes match from time to time, and I would never feel comfortable publicly picking against him, for fear of him reading it and spinning back kicking me into oblivion...I mean, uhh, picking me up and slamming me into oblivion...oh wait they both do that? I mean, oh fuck it I think Matt's gonna win.

Anyway, the PRIDE OWGP odds are in:

Courtesy of MMA Weekly

May 5, 2006- Pride Fighting Grand Prix Osaka Dome, Osaka, Japan 3am est

> Roman Zentsov -260

> Gilbert Yvel +200

Joey Oddessa, MMA Oddsmaker, makes Zentsov the opening favorite at -260, meaning you would have to bet $260 to win 100 dollars. For Yvel, the underdog, you would have to bet just $100 on Yvel to win $200.

> Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira -2200

> Zuluzinho +1200

Minotauro is the biggest favorite on the board. Are you willing to bet two grand to win a hundred bucks? Neither are we.

> Alistair Overeem -115

> Fabricio Werdum -115

A very interesting line, as this one is too close to call and opens as a pick 'em, according to Odessa.

> Kazuyuki Fujita -325

> James Thompson +250

It's not surprising that Fujita is the favorite to win this fight, but it is a bit of a surprise to see how heavily favored he is according to the oddsmakers in his fight against James Thompson.

> Mirko Filipovic -600

> Ikuhisa Minowa +400

Cro Cop is a big favorite over Minowa.

> Aleksander Emelianenko -115

> Josh Barnett -115

Fedor's brother opens as a pick 'em with Josh Barnett.

> Hidehiko Yoshida -800

> Yosuke Nishijima +500

Yoshida is a huge favorite against Nihijima.

> Mark Hunt -1000

> Tsuyoshi Kohsaka +600

Mark Hunt is a monster favorite against T.K.

Odds to Win entire OWGP Tournament:

(highest number is the least likely to win, according to the odds)

> Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira +225

> Mark Hunt +400

> Aleksander Emelianenko +500

> Mirko Filipovic +700

> Hidehiko Yoshida +900

> Kazuyuki Fujita +1000

> Josh Barnett +1100

> Alistair Overeem +1200

> Fabricio Werdum +1300

> Roman Zentsov +2000

> Tsuyoshi Kohsaka +3000

> Gilbert Yvel +3800

> Yosuke Nishijima +4000

> Ikuhisa Minowa +4000

> Zuluzinho +4500

> James Thompson +5000

> Field (any fighter not listed above) +300

Second biggest Underdog on the board, an even bigger underdog than Minowa and Nishijima. C'mon Lei Tong, if Hunt's really gonna get submitted in under six minutes, I suggest you make a comfortable bet on the fight and live like a king for the rest of your life.

I think even the most ardent of Hunt supporters will realize that TK's line is worth a look, especially since it's rumoured that Hunt is coming in even heavier than in the Nishijima fight.