TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Guest Brian

So if I pick Field, whic includes Fedor, I get 300 on a 100 bet? And he get a bye into the first.

I heard Fedor's hand still wouldn't be ready in time for the second round of the GP.

Short of having an 18-wheeler dropped on him, Fedor will still take the rest of the field with ease.

So I'm watching the Rich Franklin episode of Unleashed, and they mention during the second Tanner fight for the middleweight belt and TUF2 coach, if Tanner would have won, he would fight Hughes after TUF2 was over at 185. Kind of makes me wish Rich would have lost that fight, but not a lot. It probably would have been interesting.

Franklin v Hughes would be interesting, too.

Yeah.

Part of me wants to see UFC get legalized in NYC and sell out MSG in 2 minutes because it would be great for the sport.

The other half would want to see it legalized because it would be a hearty "Fuck you" to Vince McMahon.

What are the only states that will allow MMA? Is it just Connecticut, Nevada and California?

I think Florida.

I really want to see UFC come to Canada, if they do they have to come to Calgary, Alberta. MMA is pretty big here, and their are King of the Cage fights every weekend pratically.

Is there anything in the UFC/PFC rules that prohibits fighters from using a plain old headscissors?

I've always wondered why fighters never attempt it. It seems to me with the leg strength these guys have that you could put somebody out very quickly with such a move. Thoughts?

Because an actual triangle choke is much more effective, and can actually win the match.

Though to be fair, they are used in conjunction with the N/S kimura.

Hatsu "the Iron Broomstick" Hioki submitted Mark Hominick at the end of the 2nd round tonight to become the new TKO champion.

Bow down to your Japanese overlord, Canananadians.

hatsuhioki.jpg

Fabio Holanda won, good news for BTT Montrealers.

This guy I trained with before, in the basement of a friend's house in Toronto, Lautaro, set the record for fastest KO...on the receiving end, three seconds. Poor guy, he was only a white belt though, and I think a guy should at least be a purple belt if he starts fighting, with or without a gi. Then again he got knocked out so the argument is inconsequential.

Whereas if your an amateur, a month of BJJ should suffice.

*shame*

Anyways, sounds like the crowd not only disrespected Hioki by leaving before he was crowned champion, but a number of people let loose a couple of racial slurs during the fight. I thought Canadians were a bunch of loving, understanding bastards? What gives?

Montreal is one of the more liberal cities around, moreso than Toronto from my experience. I think it's just that fight fans are the kinds of people in society that love blood and violence and all that jazz, so they're not the most educated.

Whereas if your an amateur, a month of BJJ should suffice.

*shame*

Anyways, sounds like the crowd not only disrespected Hioki by leaving before he was crowned champion, but a number of people let loose a couple of racial slurs during the fight. I thought Canadians were a bunch of loving, understanding bastards? What gives?

I can understand the racial slur thing but how is it disrespectful to leave before he's crowned champion? It's not like they needed to stick around to hear the ref officially announce it. Or is this one of those "Secret Codes and Conducts of MMA" things?