TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I wanted to see Randleman, but oh well. I'm a mark for nostalgia.

Re: Bob Sapp; It was due to money according to MMAweekly. I don't know why he'd chicken out, hasn't he knocked him out twice before? Peter Aerts stepped in on thirty minutes notice. He was doing the American Commentary and they asked him, so he got up in his grey suit, and since he had no gear with him, asked Semmy Schilt if he can borrow his trunks (which is weird considering he beat him not too long ago) and lost a UD with trunks that said Semmy Schilt on the front and Golden Glory on the back. That man should be given a prize for stepping up like that.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Tank Abbott has signed to face Butterbean in MMA

Joe Riggs is the uncrowned unintentional comedy champion of MMA. Hands down. Read the guys interview on UFC.com where he talks about how Hughes, GSP and Penn are at the top of the WW division and when he cuts BACK DOWN to 170 he'd consider himself right under them.

Randy Coutour was on King of Queens and used the rear naked choke in a bar fight on Kevin James.

I think that was actually Frank Trigg as a bit of an in joke. Randy's funniest moment was when he was beating down one guy on a table, another ran at him, Randy threw the guy and then start being on him... then the guy on the table goes to get up, realises how the other guy is getting beat down hard so just lies back down without saying a word. Dan Henderson taking out his dentures was pretty funny too.

HUGE NEWS! Fedor's hand won't be ready until June, so Fedor is OUT of the GP, and is going to be replaced by Wanderlei Silva!

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/news/det...p?id=1147928382

I guess Silva getting a bye makes as much sense as Fedor getting a bye, seeing as how they're both champions. Should make for some intriguing matchups.

I've heard a couple people throw around Silva vs. Nogueira, which would be pretty interesting. I actually think Nogueira has better boxing than Wanderlei, but Wandy has the kicks and knees.

I'm picking Riggs, but only because I'm unflinchingly biased towards all of the TUF alumni, with the possible exception of Diego, since he's actually beaten someone.

I'm picking Riggs, but only because I'm unflinchingly biased towards all of the TUF alumni, with the possible exception of Diego, since he's actually beaten someone.

Forrest Griffin >>>>>>>> Diego Sanchez

Forrest Griffin >>>>>>>> Diego Sanchez

I like Forrest, but I get tired of the exposure. He's a pretty cool dude, though.

I'm not sure Forrest has beaten anybody comparable to Diego's win over Nick Diaz.

True, but Nick's stock has dropped a good deal, and I'd say Braga, Monson, Sonnen & Bonnar are better wins than Santiago, Gassaway, & Florian

I'm not sure Forrest has beaten anybody comparable to Diego's win over Nick Diaz.

True, but Nick's stock has dropped a good deal, and I'd say Braga, Monson, Sonnen & Bonnar are better wins than Santiago, Gassaway, & Florian

Damn, I always forget about Forrest's pre-TUF fights!

Damn, I always forget about Forrest's pre-TUF fights!

People seem to have forgotten how respected/feared Forrest was in Season 1, and for good reason, as he had already beaten a level of guys above most of the other competitors themselves. In other words, he was Bisping with a better resume.

FWIW there are rumours going around due to a posting on a French-Canadian messageboard by Stephane Patry that Patrick Cote is going to be a contestant on TUF IV and the two coaches for the fourth season will be..........

Georges St. Pierre and Randy Couture

"I want to preface this by noting all the stats I collected were from numerous sources, and some sources had conflicting information. Don't fucking e-mail me, bitching, that someone's record is off by 1 loss or win, or that their height is off by an inch. If you're one of those know-it-all pieces of garbage, do me a favor: skip this column and go walk in front of a bus." -from the InsidePulse dude who talks about the UFC

I'd like to think that this was directed towards me.

Oh, and write-up sucked balls, btw.

Don't say the word Kang around Lei, it upsets him :D

As long as it's not accompanied by anything on the following list of phrases...

- underrated

- ducked

- Top 10

- Top 20

- ATT

- Thales Leite

- TUF

... I should be ok.