TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Punk clearly broke his nose last night after a way too stiff kick from Regal when they were doing a spot with Punk laying on the corner of the ring apron, by the ringpost. You could even see it all bent out of place after the match.

Since I've been at work all day and missed the craziness of the Raw thread, I want to say that I want a totally deadpan sarcastically serious Mike Adamle as GM. Just a "yep, you heard me" type of look on his face every time he fucks someone over and no over-the-top evil cackling or uber-heelness. Also, I want him to just fuck over EVERYBODY.

...except Kofi Kingston.

Make him the reluctant recipient of Adamle's gladiating love.

...I want a totally deadpan sarcastically serious Mike Adamle as GM. Just a "yep, you heard me" type of look on his face every time he fucks someone over and no over-the-top evil cackling or uber-heelness. Also, I want him to just fuck over EVERYBODY.

...except Kofi Kingston.

Approved.

...I want a totally deadpan sarcastically serious Mike Adamle as GM. Just a "yep, you heard me" type of look on his face every time he fucks someone over and no over-the-top evil cackling or uber-heelness. Also, I want him to just fuck over EVERYBODY.

...except Kofi Kingston.

Approved.

Basically. I had the same thought earlier.

They could play this whole thing out from when Adamle first showed up on Raw.

It's no doubt that he's a heel due to the Cole match. I know Meltz said on his radio show that they were thinking of some way to get JR back on Raw...then again JR wasn't exactly friendly Adamle on Monday.

It seems Kane's whole "Is he alive or dead" thing" has been put on the back burner the last 2 Raws'. Although I didn't expect it to play out within a couple weeks, I wonder when we are going to see the culmination of this angle?(Or even if creative hasn't yet figured out who "he" is supposed to be.)

About that house show I've been mentioning....the last time I went to one at the same venue, I came fairly early (I forget when) but the line stretched out alllll the way to the boardwalk and down it probably at least several blocks. It got moving fast when they started to let people in, but by the time we got there it was crowded as hell and hard to move around. We did get to our seats in time, but the concessions and merchandise stands were so crowded around that it was nearly impossible to get anything.

What time should I arrive at the show so I can get concessions and merchandise early (I could be lookin' to get a CM Punk shirt while there or somethin')? It starts at 8 PM.

It seems Kane's whole "Is he alive or dead" thing" has been put on the back burner the last 2 Raws'. Although I didn't expect it to play out within a couple weeks, I wonder when we are going to see the culmination of this angle?(Or even if creative hasn't yet figured out who "he" is supposed to be.)

I'm actually thinking it might have more to do with Paul Bearer than Vince, given I am pretty sure his old mask is what's in the bag.....

From the latest Observer, regarding Punk:

The original plan was for Punk to go heel and win the Money in the Bank later this year. The suggestion for Punk to win the title the way it went down at first didn’t go over well, but the arguments were made that since the company decided on a youth movement and to shake things up (and it is amazing that the minute they started going with new people on top the ratings started getting a little better) that Punk is the guy to push more than anyone else. The argument is that Punk was more popular than he should have been given his push (true) and that he sells far more merchandise than someone in his position should (also true). Ever since Vince green lighted Punk winning the title, suddenly everyone in creative is 100% backing him. The producers on the other hand were very quiet when they were told, because many of them don’t think highly of Punk’s work, but none of them will ever argue against a Vince direction because everyone is afraid of losing their job. HHH behind the scenes is not a supporter of his dating back to his arrival in the company, and has joked that they now need to turn Michaels heel so Punk can have someone who can work him through a world title match. The Punk not looking strong is part of the Vince directive. Vince believes that Punk as a babyface always clinging onto the belt against “better” guys will cause fans to get behind him in the long run. It was the same idea he had with Mysterio, which in hindsight, most feel was a big mistake, but Vince was also never behind Mysterio as anything but a transitional champion at that time.

Also Punk related, from the Useless Trivia Department, by winning at the Bash, Punk became only the third wrestler in history to have his first WWE World Title match on PPV whilst going in as the champion; the other two being Hulk Hogan, who won his first title before PPV was even around, and Bret Hart, who won his first title in a dark match

From the latest Observer, regarding Punk:

The original plan was for Punk to go heel and win the Money in the Bank later this year. The suggestion for Punk to win the title the way it went down at first didn’t go over well, but the arguments were made that since the company decided on a youth movement and to shake things up (and it is amazing that the minute they started going with new people on top the ratings started getting a little better) that Punk is the guy to push more than anyone else. The argument is that Punk was more popular than he should have been given his push (true) and that he sells far more merchandise than someone in his position should (also true). Ever since Vince green lighted Punk winning the title, suddenly everyone in creative is 100% backing him. The producers on the other hand were very quiet when they were told, because many of them don’t think highly of Punk’s work, but none of them will ever argue against a Vince direction because everyone is afraid of losing their job. HHH behind the scenes is not a supporter of his dating back to his arrival in the company, and has joked that they now need to turn Michaels heel so Punk can have someone who can work him through a world title match. The Punk not looking strong is part of the Vince directive. Vince believes that Punk as a babyface always clinging onto the belt against “better” guys will cause fans to get behind him in the long run. It was the same idea he had with Mysterio, which in hindsight, most feel was a big mistake, but Vince was also never behind Mysterio as anything but a transitional champion at that time.

Also Punk related, from the Useless Trivia Department, by winning at the Bash, Punk became only the third wrestler in history to have his first WWE World Title match on PPV whilst going in as the champion; the other two being Hulk Hogan, who won his first title before PPV was even around, and Bret Hart, who won his first title in a dark match

So basically, he's getting the Bret Hart style title run?

Punk didn't win at the Bash though, Kane just ran in and attacked both Punk and Batista. I have to admit this intrigues me, hearing that Vince is behind Punk. I keep hearing the Rey comparisons but there's a difference here. Rey is simply too small to be believable against guys like Mark Henry, JBL, Khali, etc. WWE never wanted to put the belt on him, but due to Orton's various screwups they had to.

As far as HHH goes, I'm sick of hearing him constantly bashing other workers. It served some point years ago when he was still worried about his position in the company, but what does he gain by trashing Punk now? When he gets a better match out of Khali than Cena or UT did, let me know.

Punk didn't win at the Bash though, Kane just ran in and attacked both Punk and Batista. I have to admit this intrigues me, hearing that Vince is behind Punk. I keep hearing the Rey comparisons but there's a difference here. Rey is simply too small to be believable against guys like Mark Henry, JBL, Khali, etc. WWE never wanted to put the belt on him, but due to Orton's various screwups they had to.

As far as HHH goes, I'm sick of hearing him constantly bashing other workers. It served some point years ago when he was still worried about his position in the company, but what does he gain by trashing Punk now? When he gets a better match out of Khali than Cena or UT did, let me know.

Mis-transcription; the Observer does actually say he retained, so the error was mine.

As for HHH bashing Punk for no reason, that's usually down to insecurity. Quite what HHH has to be insecure about, that's another matter entirely.

Maybe he thinks in the future when people look back on him, they'll think he was a guy who only got where he was because he was married to the boss' daughter?

Obviously, that's not entirely accurate (he was a main event for years before they got together) but it wouldn't shock me if that's what he was paranoid about.

Maybe he thinks in the future when people look back on him, they'll think he was a guy who only got where he was because he was married to the boss' daughter?

Obviously, that's not entirely accurate (he was a main event for years before they got together) but it wouldn't shock me if that's what he was paranoid about.

Well his actions over the last few years haven't been exactly the type to squash those kinds of thoughts.

Anyone think that Goldust might be on his way back to the WWE now that hes gone from TNA? Might he interject himself into the Cody Rhodes storyline?

Anyone think that Goldust might be on his way back to the WWE now that hes gone from TNA? Might he interject himself into the Cody Rhodes storyline?

GOLDUST IS GONE FROM TNA???? YES! YES! YEEEES! Oh please please please come back to WWE...

..and bring Booker with you!

I always thought Triple H was one of the ones who liked Punk, along with Vince, while Stephanie didn't.

Hoping for Rhodes (and Redrum/RelliK) only if he can get in shape again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dustin get one last run in WWE as plain ol Dustin Rhodes. Seems like WWE is pretty well set on the comedy front, especially on Raw that it can use an old school style hand to put over the youngins.

What about as a tag partner for Hardcore Holly or Hacksaw Jim Duggan to wrestle Rhodes and Dibiase? Also there is another Dibiase down in FCW, Mike I believe, maybe when he's ready you could have a Rhodes vs Dibaise feud - smell the money.

Didn't the wwe want Goldust back for an upper midcard heel act and he agreed to comeback but before he signed he jumped to TNA?

IIRC, he had been a main eventer for two years before he started dating Stephanie, a push which didn't take in the fan's eyes until Foley made him at the Rumble and NWO. Of course, to be fair, after that, he did have two of the hottest feuds of the year (vs Rock, and the HHH/Steph/Angle love triangle). However, there is no way He'd have remain where he is without Steph's help. Can you imagine someone effectively going 2 years putting on horrid matches remaining at the top of the card without some political leverage?