TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I'm starting this now. We'll keep it going until the end of August.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=91483

Reference my posts made in that linked thread for what does and doesn't warrant a thread. I'm going to moderate this much more tightly, so if I see something I think warrants a thread, I'm going to pull it out.

You don't like it, oh well, I guess. If you want to talk about it, and not incessantly bitch, take it to the thread up top. If you want to bitch, send me a PM and we'll bitch about it.

Pick up where you left off.

I couldn't care less about some old Brit and his "logic".

Fixed.

I could care less about a larvae fixing my post.

I am sure you could care less... possibly even not enough to reply to it :P

Why bother so much? Does it reallly make that much of a difference?

Just let things go, no need to Mod the folder like it's the Mugglenet forums.

Look at Movies/TV/DVD thread. Things are perfectly fine there without a lot of "modding."

There is no need for two comments that don't warrant a thread threads. At all. One is all we need.

I decided to do it this way based on things people have said in the not so distant past, and things said in the mod folder over the last week.

There's no need for modding in the movies/TV folder because people are actually creating threads to talk about stuff. If people are overloading this thread with important things, I'll move those things into a topic of their own. What's the problem with that?

I mess with it because it bothers me. Like that stuff you did with :The Thread:

Everyone has their reasons. Yours were good enough for you. Mine are good enough for me.

Couple of interesting lines about Steve Austin from the 6/3/1991 edition of the Observer posted today:

Bobby Eaton set to work a program with Steve Austin. Austin has potential and if he's going to be groomed for stardom, Eaton is a great person to learn to put together a great match from . .

-If memory serves me correctly, Austin pretty much beat Eaton out of the gate and held the TV Title for a very long period of time.

This one I found quite interesting:

I'm sure If this were a perfect world, then Austin should work a year in one more territory before coming to the national spotlight and Merro should learn his trade better in the regionals before going national with this gimmick, however, for all real purposes, regionals don't exist and newcomers aren't going to be as seasoned for stardom when they hit the national spotlight as they were in years past. It's not good, but it's the reality of wrestling's future and WCW does have to introduce newcomers. Some will make it and some won't, and with less seasoning, it's more a crap shoot now than in the past but people will have to realize that's just how it's going to be.

The more things change... the more they stay the same. As mentioned before, though, Austin's first year in WCW was pretty successful.

How many of those old issues have been posted since the merger?

7... we are a couple issues away from Flair being fired from WCW. As of right now, Superbrawl just got over, WCW is setting up for the June Clash of Champions, Luger/Flair is all but set, Sid has just left WCW, and Undertaker/Ultimate Warrior is causing big waves at house shows.

Couple of interesting lines about Steve Austin from the 6/3/1991 edition of the Observer posted today:

Bobby Eaton set to work a program with Steve Austin. Austin has potential and if he's going to be groomed for stardom, Eaton is a great person to learn to put together a great match from . .

-If memory serves me correctly, Austin pretty much beat Eaton out of the gate and held the TV Title for a very long period of time.

This one I found quite interesting:

I'm sure If this were a perfect world, then Austin should work a year in one more territory before coming to the national spotlight and Merro should learn his trade better in the regionals before going national with this gimmick, however, for all real purposes, regionals don't exist and newcomers aren't going to be as seasoned for stardom when they hit the national spotlight as they were in years past. It's not good, but it's the reality of wrestling's future and WCW does have to introduce newcomers. Some will make it and some won't, and with less seasoning, it's more a crap shoot now than in the past but people will have to realize that's just how it's going to be.

The more things change... the more they stay the same. As mentioned before, though, Austin's first year in WCW was pretty successful.

I love reading old stuff like this. It is really fascinating reading with the perspective of hindsight.

How many of those old issues have been posted since the merger?

7... we are a couple issues away from Flair being fired from WCW. As of right now, Superbrawl just got over, WCW is setting up for the June Clash of Champions, Luger/Flair is all but set, Sid has just left WCW, and Undertaker/Ultimate Warrior is causing big waves at house shows.

And Warrior has also been outed as a gay prosititute by some tabloid magazines (what?!)

I wonder why Chuck Palumbo hasn't been on Raw since he was picked in the supplemental draft? Anyone know?

I wonder why Chuck Palumbo hasn't been on Raw since he was picked in the supplemental draft? Anyone know?

Likewise, Carlito on Smackdown and Super Crazy on ECW.

It probably means they're on the train to Future Endeavorsville.

Raw has enough big men to stop Jamie Noble in his quest to get laid.

Uggh, why the fudge did I read that? The dude is certainly funny, but I couldn't stop feeling like I shouldn't be reading it.

Matt Hardy is the less interesting Hardy Boy in every way imaginable. From his bland moveset to his stupid hair to his lopsided face that looks like the cover of the Necronomicon, Matt Hardy is bor-ing. He’s the brother who stayed up all night sewing outfits for other wrestlers and busting his ass promoting his indie fed and making ends meet, meanwhile Jeff was dropping acid and writing techno songs about tractors and shaving a Spider-Man into his beard. Matt Hardy is loyal, devoted, driven and professional. Jeff is a drug addict who paints shitty art and has a set of outdoor dogs he keeps in a cage and an indoor dog that he carries around and lets lick his face. The end result is that Matt’s fiancée fucks Edge and Matt gets fired, and Jeff fails like twenty drug tests and gets a main event run. Not even God likes you, Matt Hardy.

The most hilarious thing about Tommy Dreamer is that everyone else in WWE, from Shelton Benjamin to dudes who haven’t even debuted yet, has a T-shirt available. WWE doesn’t even bother printing up a T-shirt for Tommy Dreamer, A MAN WHOSE GIMMICK IS WEARING A T-SHIRT WHILE WRESTLING. And why is that? Because not a god damn person would ever pay money for a Tommy Dreamer shirt. Not even his own mother. As a result he usually ends up wearing a shirt that says “WRESTLEMANIA 24” or “JUDGEMENT DAY.” I think it’s time for Tommy Dreamer to just print up a T-shirt that says “UPCOMING PAY PER VIEW”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A Virginia company claims to have a urine-based test for human growth hormone that could be used to drug test athletes two weeks after its use, rather than 48 hours or less.

The company, Ceres Nanosciences, says the test eliminates the need for blood tests to detect HGH. Players' associations have pushed back on blood tests. Ceres says its test can be available within six months, through the World Anti-Doping Agency.

The story was first reported by the Washington Business Journal.

Current tests track HGH use only within the past 48 hours. The two-week test, and having it be urine-based, would theoretically make it harder for athletes to evade an HGH test.

A WADA spokesman said the organization is encouraging Ceres to continue researching the test. No worldwide studies have been conducted.

Credit: ESPN.com

Good luck Cena, Batista, HHH, etc,.

A while back I was considering going to a Smackdown!/ECW house show tonight about an hour away from where I live. Looking on the venue's website, they're advertising a main event of The Big Show Vs The Great Khali. Also scheduled is an ECW World title match between Matt Hardy and Mark Henry. Finlay, Chavo Guerrero, Jesse & Festus, Shelton Benjamin, Maria, Kelly Kelly, and Hornswoggle.

I am so glad I didn't spend $40 to go to that show. Fortunately for WWE, the show sold out a month ago (The venue is pretty small- holds 3000 people max) but christ is that an awful lineup. Not only is there no Triple H or Edge but they couldn't even bother to put MVP, Jeff Hardy, or Umaga on there. But I guess seeing two big guys go at it is worth $40 in WWE's mind.

Here's my house show lineup:

The Wildwoods Convention Centers Oceanfront Arena - WWE RAW is returning to the Wildwoods. Showtime - 8 pm. Featuring from Super Stars from RAW- John Cena vs. JBL in a RAW Special Challenge Match Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho CM Punk vs. Kane in a World Heavyweight Championship Match Micki James vs. Katie Lea in the Women's Championship Match Plus many more WWE RAW Superstars! Tickets - $60-$40-$30-$20. Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster.com, by calling 1-800-736-1420 or visiting the Convention Center Box Office 7 days week 12 noon - 8 PM.

One Man Gang should have an "OMG!" gimmick, like Ron Simmons with "Damn!". Then he should get a world title run.

Pair them up with a new guy doing a comedian gimmick called Luscious Oliver Laurence. They can be OMG! LOL! and DAMN! and can be collectively known as the Emoticons.