TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

I'm the Worst Son Ever

Actually it was worse, she called yesterday (her birthday), did some small talk, and then we just hung up. Then this morning I realized what day it was, and that I'd talked to her on her birthday and it never clicked.

Don't beat yourself up over it, my dad forgot my birthday this year. Makes it even worse is that my sister & I share the same birthday and he only realised it when she moaned at him for not calling him and then he rang me at 10pm to say happy birthday, trying to act like he didn't forget.

Don't worry about it.

I forget everyone's birthday every year. They know that's just how I am, they don't mind. If you're going to do something, do it consistently.

You should do what I do, i've got a giant wallchart on my wall, and everybody who visits, I get them to write their birthday on it. I say it just as they're next to it as to not arouse suspicion that I don't actually, like, know their birthday.

Shit happens, I forgot my dad's birthday last week but he was completely ok with it as he just sees his birthday as another day. All of my family is like that.

I can't forget my mom's birthday.

It's on St. Patrick's Day.

Bloody worst day of the year.

1. Because I work in bars

But more importantly:

2. It's the day before my birthday.

Everybody's always wasted and knackered by the time my birthday come around and nobody ever goes out the day after.

Interestingly enough, my girlfriend's birthday is Christmas Eve, so I dodged a bullet there.

The day we got together was in the middle of June though, now that's just bad luck. I'll make sure we get married on some super-memorable date.

The day we got together was in the middle of June though, now that's just bad luck. I'll make sure we get married on some super-memorable date.

You were just very recently "single for far too long now" and you're already talking about getting married? What the fuck is wrong with you? You're like a male version of a desperate clingy woman.

For Mother's day I got off work at 6pm, hurried to walmart, grabbed one of the remaining gift baskets on the shelf of "mother's day" gift baskets, incidentally grabbing the most expensive one.

I bring it to her and as she's opening it, there's lotion, shampoo, a light up teddy bear....then I realize its baby lotion, baby shampoo, oh look baby powder.

Some jerk put a BABY SHOWER GIFT BASKET with the MOTHER'S DAY GIFT BASKETS!!!!!!!

Mom stops after a minute then looks me dead in the eye, "Are you trying to tell us something?"

I suck at holidays.

You were just very recently "single for far too long now" and you're already talking about getting married? What the fuck is wrong with you? You're like a male version of a desperate clingy woman.

Dude.. chill.

I didn't say I was marrying this girl, although the way I structured the sentence (bold) suggests it. I meant 'I' and not 'we'.

I just meant, when I get married, it would be on a date impossible to forget.

Man.. talk about an overreaction.

Guest Smues

A friend of mine caught his mom cheating on his dad on Mother's day. So he wishes he could forget mother's day and his mother's birthday.

I haven't really ever forgotten my parent's birthdays, but I do often forget to get them something. Luckily they don't care as long as they get a phone call.

I forget birthdays by virtue of forgetting what day it is. Like if I knew someone whose birthday was August 2nd, I'd remember that, but I didn't remember that today is the 2nd until I looked at my computer calendar.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm exactly the same way. I have to be looking at calendars and my phone and all that often because I tend to be very unaware of the date, although I usually know what day it is without a problem.

That's actually what happened. I know my mom was born on the 29th. Like I know this, I just spaced dates. I was doing some code pulls, and asked a coworker what day it was...

"30th."

Realization.

SHIT!

I remember every family member's birthday, but that's just me.

That's how the rest of my family is. My Great Grandma kept track of her Great Great Grandkids birthdays without a calendar. And me? I can bearly remember to get rent in on the first.

I never understood how people could forget their parents' birthdays, or even how old they are. I think atleast half of my friends don't know one or both of those facts about their parents.

Then again, I'm on the other extreme. I remember people's birthdays, dates things happened, and phone numbers from as far back as 16 years ago.