TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

I depends on what you define as "wrestling." In the sense that a most people in MMA use the term, as an art that focuses primarily on techniques for taking an opponent to the ground and controlling them, then all of those but Sambo would probably fall into that category. Judo is a somewhat mixed bag, as due to the rules of international competition, many of the ground techniques that exist are de-emphasized.

BTW for all the Team GSP members I'm totally cool with the pic Mik posted on the previous page assuming ya'll are. My only clause is that the signature include YPOV's quote if he's cool with it:

"When you tell someone to go fuck themselves, you better be able to do something other than get your ass beat for twenty minutes."

Dude, I'm fucking teflon today.

Hey, AmericanDragon- Post more .gifs. I don't think you've slowed the thread down enough.

I'd say a touch of Midol wouldn't hurt.

Also, I want to like Jones, but he seemed very jittery and rookieish. I'm surprised Bonnar wasn't able to capitalize on anything, but oh well. I'll wait to see his next fight.

Oh and fuck that Spinning Elbow. Yeah, it was cool but it was a clear shot straight to the back of the head.

It's a tough call from a reffing perspective on moves like that. It'd be akin to a guy throwing a high kick and his opponent ducks and it grazes the back of the head. Shots don't need to carry a lot of weight when they hit an area like that and Bonnar took it point-blank.

Domination by GSP, my prediction was wrong, but considering BJ was on his back most of the fight, it looked like a flash submission was all he could get.

It kind of sucked rooting for Penn as the fight went past the 1st round because it seemed like Penn almost gassed from trying to block GSP's takedown attempts for the entire 1st round. Again, I'm not sure if BJ's cardio was crap or it just took that much out of him trying to fight off a stronger guy for a couple of rounds.

Machida is a beast and all his haters can STFU. If you don't like his style then put someone in there that can do something about it.

Anyway, bring on my GSP sig......how long do I have to keep it again?

I present..the Best of HSJ

I think we're going to need someone to come in here and clean up all the splooge from the GSP love.

QUOTE (Lord of The Curry @ Jan 13 2009, 11:56 AM)

Also, we aren't ordering the show this weekend due to Affliction/Death of Penn...

Jesus died once already. I don't think it is going to happen again.

Hold on, I think I'm gonna change my mind and predict GSP to win this fight. But first, I need to get into the mindset that every other GSP fan is in and overestimate his striking.

Do you guys remember that time that BJ knocked GSP out and then everyone who picked GSP to win cried? Especially LOTC?

It didn't happen yet? Oh man, I must be able to predict the future.

Don't worry. If GSP ever does a seminar and I get a chance to meet him, I'll let him know about your fanboy love prior to his loss to Penn.

Oh please. I think your man-crush on GSP is blinding you from the ability of BJ.

Yes, please, lets compare GSP's wins over Miller, Trigg, Sherk and Hughes to BJ's record? Wins over Gracies, Hughes, Sherk, Gomi, Din Thomas, Pulver, amongst others. Lets not forget BJ being only the second man in history to hold a championship in two different weight classes (and soon will hold two championships in different weight classes at the same time). Also, lets forget about all the Jiu Jitsu credentials, which include receiving his black belt after only 5 years of training and winning at The Worlds.

What was GSP doing when all of that was going on? Walking around backwards while doing a handstand?

Get the hell out of town. GSP above Penn based on their resumes alone? Seriously?

GSP is a talented fighter. BJ Penn is World Class. Huge difference.

He knocked GSP out cold and then went into the rematch with a back injury and lost to knees to the back?

Long Island represent.

It won't be a Stevenson style beat down, but it will be bad.

BJ with a RNC in Round 3.

It's like a cavalcade of dumb