TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

WWE SmackDown! - September 12, 2008

WWE is currently taping this week's edition of SmackDown from the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Special thanks to Wrestling News World for the following results.

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

Dark Match:

* D'Lo Brown b. Nic "The Natural" Nemeth

- Brown got the win via pinfall after hitting his "low down" finisher.

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)

* Triple H comes out to open the show. He says that everyone should but the Unforgiven DVD because he is getting residuals. Jeff Hardy comes out to interrupt. They both agree they respect each other. Triple H gives Jeff a hard time. They continue to go back and forth for a while.

* Maria, Michelle McCool, Brie Bella b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse

- Standard diva match. The live crowd wasn't into it at all.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero

- Truth gets the win after interference from Bam Neely. Bam attacks Chavo. Truth takes them both out.

After the match R-Truth gets a huge pop. The live crowd loves his new theme music.

* Festus vs. Kenny Dykstra

- Jesse helps Festus wrap Kenny in bubble wrap. They put him on a moving dolly and duct tape his mouth. They then wheel him out.

* A video of The Undertaker and Big Show from Unforgiven is shown.

* Vickie comes out to a tremendous amount of heat. She brings out Big Show and says that he took out The Undertaker at Unforgiven because Undertaker does not follow the rules. Vickie explains that it is a power alliance with her and Show and the alliance will lead to Big Show being the WWE Champion.

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Scotty Goldman & Funaki in a squash match. Vladamir says that he wants a challenge and if no one will give it to him, he'll find on himself.

* Triple H is shown stirring up trouble with the Fatal Four Way participants for later tonight. For those that missed it earlier in the spoilers, there will be a Fatal Four Way match later tonight with the winner facing Triple H at No Mercy for the WWE Championship. The participants are Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. WWE Tag Team Champions Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins in a non-title match. Carlito worked the majority of the match.

* Jeff Hardy, MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin in a fatal Four Way is up next. The winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy.

* Jeff Hardy b. MVP, Brian Kendrick, and Shelton Benjamin

- Kendrick stays on the outside most of the match and draws lots of heat. Hardy continues to get thrown out of the ring repeatedly. MVP vs. Shelton most of the match. Jeff Hardy regains strength and hits a Swanton Bomb on Kendrick and Shelton. He gets the win via pinfall.

After the match Vladimir Kozlov comes out. He attacks Hardy and walks out.

Wow, they transferred Primo pretty quickly.

...though it is interesting to see a new legit brothers tag team again after so long.

Kind of goes against what Primo said about Carlito being a jerk, and Carlito was turned face all of a sudden after not being on TV for so long.

This is a confusing set of spoilers.

- Bam attacks Chavo?

- Is Kenny gone?

- Why doesn't Vickie just put Show in the fatal fourway?

- What happened with Vladimir/Big Show from LAST WEEK?

- Carlito is a face and Primo is already over on Smackdown?

- Jeff vs. HHH at No Mercy, yet Vladimir attacks Jeff after the win?

I wonder if there will be any explanation for the Primo jump. Probably something to the effect that adamle never got around to finishing his contract paperwork or something - because the gimmick is Adamle is all about the big names to the detriment of any undercard guys.

Eric Perez should be up and giving Carlito a faction, along with Primo. Primo and Eric could tag team and Carly could be the singles guy.

--I would assume that Neeley attacking Chavo was a misprint and he attacked Truth and thus caused the DQ.

--If this is in fact it for Kenny it doesn't shock me. The Spirit Squad was such a once in a lifetime heat killing gimmick that there's no way anyone associated with it could amount to much, especially Kenny since he was the leader of the group (of sorts) and unlike the others never really left TV.

--I would assume Vickie is leading Show on, promising him a title shot in the future if he plays ball and takes out UT. The whole Show/Kozlov bit from last week didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things and can be easily forgotten, since they never really came to blows.

--The whole Carlito/Primo thing is perplexing. Primo was on Raw just a couple weeks ago, yet now is on SD and is cool with his brother? It's easy enough to assume Adamle was just giving him a try out match, but not so easy to figure out why Primo (who said Carlito was a jerk) is teaming with him.

--I am not so naive as to think that Jeff/HHH match will happen at No Mercy as planned. Either Kozlov will beat Jeff in a #1 contenders match or he'll do something to be added in for a 3 way. Jeff vs. HHH seems a bit too high profile of a match for a nothing PPV.

I wonder if there will be any explanation for the Primo jump. Probably something to the effect that adamle never got around to finishing his contract paperwork or something - because the gimmick is Adamle is all about the big names to the detriment of any undercard guys.

Eric Perez should be up and giving Carlito a faction, along with Primo. Primo and Eric could tag team and Carly could be the singles guy.

I've always thought they should have done with a Latino based stable with Chavo and Carlito. They could through Primo in there and Perez or someone else as well. You don't have to make it as hard as LAX, but something along those lines. Heck, add Armando as the mouthpiece, and they'd be set.

Nice to see that WWE is still ignoring the brand split again, with having Primo on Smackdown, but it really makes no sense for him to team with his brother, since in his only promo so far, he said he didn't like him. Also, why was Carlito off TV for so long?

Nice to see that WWE is still ignoring the brand split again, with having Primo on Smackdown, but it really makes no sense for him to team with his brother, since in his only promo so far, he said he didn't like him. Also, why was Carlito off TV for so long?

You must be the last person who even cares about the so-called brand split at this point. The multi-branded tag team match with Miz/Morrison vs. Misterio/Sydal was the highest rated segment on RAW this week.

Here's the thing. It's fine to have guys from other shows crossover onto other shows, but this at least needs to be acknowledged. When it's like "Hey thanks to Teddy Long for sending Bourne, Miz, and Morrison over to Raw tonight" then that's cool. If guys just show up on other shows with no rhyme or reason, then it becomes puzzling.

I agree. Otherwise, there really is no point to keep the brand extension going if wrestlers just keep jumping from brand to brand with no rhyme or reason.

I don't really still care about the brand split, but why not just get rid of it? Its pointless to have draft lottery shows when guys just show up on other shows anyway. The biggest example of this was the Lashley/Vince feud that was on Raw every week despite Lashley being an ECW guy, and then they draft him to Raw, but, why should that be a big deal? The guy was on the show constantly. By the way, does anyone know what is up with Edge? I know in storyline he's supposed to be dead or in hell or something, but does he have a real life injury, and thats why he hasn't been on shows lately?

How long until Colt gets endeavored? It's clear they don't think very highly or have any idea how to handle him. By all rights he should at least be in Ortiz's spot in ECW.

By the way, does anyone know what is up with Edge? I know in storyline he's supposed to be dead or in hell or something, but does he have a real life injury, and thats why he hasn't been on shows lately?

He has a screwed up knee that he's rehabbing.

How long until Colt gets endeavored? It's clear they don't think very highly or have any idea how to handle him. By all rights he should at least be in Ortiz's spot in ECW.

Seems like Ace Steel hasn't been doing much since his release, maybe he's on hiatus.

Cabana actually made it onto one of the main shows unlike Steel, but that's not saying much since he's jobbed.

They liked him enough to have plans to give him a good spot with Edge before the injury last spring, so it's strange that they haven't shown interest in someone with natural charisma in favor of someone with forced charisma. I'm not one of those people that strongly believe Cabana needs to align with CM Punk but he should be in a better spot then he is. It's not a issue of size and ability with Colt. It would've seemed Cabana and Sydal would be in opposite places.

That has been one of the more interesting additions to WWE lately, bringing in people to be absolute jobbers. True jobbers, not jobbers in the Cabbageboy sense of the word but regularly used wrestlers with horrible names.

By the way, does anyone know what is up with Edge? I know in storyline he's supposed to be dead or in hell or something, but does he have a real life injury, and thats why he hasn't been on shows lately?

He has a screwed up knee that he's rehabbing.

Oh, ok. Because to me, it just seemed weird to have the main heel of a show taken off TV for a while just to sell a storyline.

They liked him enough to have plans to give him a good spot with Edge before the injury last spring, so it's strange that they haven't shown interest in someone with natural charisma in favor of someone with forced charisma. I'm not one of those people that strongly believe Cabana needs to align with CM Punk but he should be in a better spot then he is. It's not a issue of size and ability with Colt. It would've seemed Cabana and Sydal would be in opposite places.

That has been one of the more interesting additions to WWE lately, bringing in people to be absolute jobbers. True jobbers, not jobbers in the Cabbageboy sense of the word but regularly used wrestlers with horrible names.

Well they brought in Ortiz and gave him wins straight off and did the same with Braden Walker. Seems like after he bombed everything changed. Now they've got Cabana who's had one pre-match promo and lost three times, Spears who looks like he's got a ton of potential and has lost twice and Braddock, who certainly looks the part but has been given zero promo-time, zero character and zero wins. Anyone's guess if Sydal would be in the same boat if he hadn't earned brownie points with the Mayweather situation.

As far as Colt goes, if him being released means I get to see my favourite wrestler wrestle again and against people who aren't the drizzling shits like Koslov, the sooner the better.

To clarify the Bam/Chavo deal - what happens is that Bam interferes with the match and gets Chavo disqualified. Chavo gets angry about Bam costing him the match and tells him off/pushes him around, then Bam knocks Chavo down and yells at him before R-Truth gets involved and ends up hitting Bam with the scissors kick.

WWE Champion Triple H came away from Unforgiven as the only reigning champion to successfully defend his title in his Championship Scramble Match. But, there will be no rest for the champion, as he’s already slated to defend his gold at No Mercy. To determine The Game’s opponent on Oct. 5, all four of his challengers from Unforgiven will compete in a Fatal Four Way Match on SmackDown. Jeff Hardy, United States Champion Shelton Benjamin, Montel Vontavious Porter and The Brian Kendrick will all vie for a second chance to face The King of Kings. But unlike their Championship Scramble encounter at Unforgiven, it will be a one-one-one encounter with The Cerebral Assassin at No Mercy.

And, just as it looked as if Undertaker was destined to take General Manager Vickie Guerrero’s soul and send her to hell, Big Show surprised the WWE Universe by attacking The Phenom, allowing Guerrero to spit in his face. What was Big Show’s motive in assisting Guerrero? How will Undertaker react this week on SmackDown?

Following an explosive Unforgiven, how will SmackDown’s Superstars prepare for No Mercy? Don’t miss SmackDown, Friday night at 8/7 CT on the CW Network.

WWE Universe: Don't forget to tune into SmackDown on its new home – MyNetworkTV – on Oct. 3 at 8/7 CT.

A main eventer/upper midcarder who loses a match. You sure apply the term rather liberally that this has essentially become your definition.

Its kind of like how I have my definiton of "buried", like if someone loses a match that they probably shouldn't have, or were just made to look bad. I know the real definition of "buried" in wrestling, is when a booker decides to make a guy lose matches constantly to weaken his value, but I came up with my own definiton as well. I guess another way a guy is buried is either being put in a degrading storyline, or someone really badmouths someone on the mic.