TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Scott Hall arrested

My favorite 9/11 joke was actually an Owen joke.

I don't remember who posted it, but shortly after 9/11 someone started a thread titled something like:

"What do Owen Hart and the Twin Towers have in common?"

And when you opened the thread the answer was:

"They both debuted in 1988" or whatever year it was. I dunno why but I found that hilarious.

That joke also makes no sense. Owen Hart debuted in 1986.

If it were "What do the Blue Blazer and the Twin Towers have in common?" Then, the joke makes more sense.

But that's just nitpicking as I got the joke and chuckled.

I was ready to take Hall's side until I realize I laugh at 9/11 jokes all the time, esp. Gilbert Godfrey's joke a few weeks after 9/11.

Didn't almost nobody find that joke to be funny, forcing Godfrey to revert to the tired Aristocrats joke?

Yeah, he was heavily booed, then went to the aristocrats joke.

Watching Jim Powers roast people was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries.

Some video of the incident is on youtube- a drunk Scott Hall sure was right!

"I think everyone in this building would *love* to watch Henry Fonda pick blueberries"

"Watching Norm's set was like watching Henry Fonda pick blueberries. Who the fuck would want to see that!?"

"Well, my question for you Jim is... Who *wouldn't* want to see that?"

To be fair, I don't even think that Hall knew it was a roast. He staggered in drunk about halfway into it right before that comedian started. Hall wasn't part of the roast and was just wondering around booing and for whatever reason yelling that B. Brian Blair kills territories.

I don't remember who posted it, but shortly after 9/11 someone started a thread titled something like:

"They both debuted in 1988" or whatever year it was. I dunno why but I found that hilarious.

I feel like an idiot, because I don't get it.

When you hear Owen and Twin Towers, you would expect some joke about falling to their respective deaths. The joke here is that they are referencing the Twins Towers tag team, who debuted alongside Owen in the WWF in 1988.

When you hear Owen and Twin Towers, you would expect some joke about falling to their respective deaths. The joke here is that they are referencing the Twins Towers tag team, who debuted alongside Owen in the WWF in 1988.

Thanks, now I can laugh.

I wanna see the Bob Backland bit. That sounds funny as hell.

It's a roast you moron.

I'm a moron for just saying how I feel? I know anything goes in a roast, but I was just saying what things I think are not called for. I'm not offended to the Owen joke to the point where I would attack anybody, but I just thought it was not right. Also with Benoit, he's not exactly "respected" right now, so I don't think that many people would get offended at jokes about him.

:lol: :lol: appearently Hall got in trouble AGAIN Saturday night at some bar in Jersey. I guess he pushed some woman against a wall and then some guy jacked him in the face. Clips Below...

I'm a little late chiming in on this but I have to say that if I were in Hall's shoes and someone made fun of a friend of mine that died, roast or not, I would be ready to kick his ass too. Especially if I have been drinking. I'm kinda surprised he was the only one in the room who reacted that way.

I'm a little late chiming in on this but I have to say that if I were in Hall's shoes and someone made fun of a friend of mine that died, roast or not, I would be ready to kick his ass too. Especially if I have been drinking. I'm kinda surprised he was the only one in the room who reacted that way.

Everybody else could control their liquor.

Everybody else could control their liquor.

Everybody else drank like bitches n' shit. They cain't fuck with the Gator.

Bow down to the Gator.

I'm a moron for just saying how I feel?

Yes.

I'm not offended to the Owen joke to the point where I would attack anybody, but I just thought it was not right.

It was an off colour joke at a roast.

I'm a little late chiming in on this but I have to say that if I were in Hall's shoes and someone made fun of a friend of mine that died

Whose to say Hall was Owen's friend? It was obvious Hall was just being a drunk idiot , not defending the honour of his dear buddy Owen Hart.

I'm kinda surprised he was the only one in the room who reacted that way.

Probably because the rest knew it was a roast

So, if I just up and decide to host my own roast of... whoever... I can make fun of dead people, who never had any say in participating, publicly? Sweet!