TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Discussion: Bluring / Removing "WWF" and scratch logos from

With the recent release of the Summerslam DVD box set (and me STILL hoping for a Survivor Series one soon), there's something I've been wondering.

For Survivor Series and Summerslam, which were the first of either event that was on DVD?

I already know that WrestleMania XV and Royal Rumble 2000 were the first of those respective events on DVD.

Reason I'm asking is because, if I can, I'm going to try to get the old WWF logos of those events, so I don't have to worry too much about "Bluramania"

Reason I'm asking is because, if I can, I'm going to try to get the old WWF logos of those events, so I don't have to worry too much about "Bluramania"

Exactly the reason I waited for eternity until I came across an original Wrestlemania X-Seven on DVD. I could have picked up one of the History of Wrestlemania DVD sets, but once the Attitude era kicks in, you have blurry WWF logo's everywhere. Try as I might, I can't help but be a little distracted by blurry turnbuckles, logos, tshirts, and belts. Personally, I always found it a little dumb that only the scratch-style WWF logo had to be blurred per the Wildlife Fund lawsuit.

Exactly the reason I waited for eternity until I came across an original Wrestlemania X-Seven on DVD. I could have picked up one of the History of Wrestlemania DVD sets, but once the Attitude era kicks in, you have blurry WWF logo's everywhere. Try as I might, I can't help but be a little distracted by blurry turnbuckles, logos, tshirts, and belts. Personally, I always found it a little dumb that only the scratch-style WWF logo had to be blurred per the Wildlife Fund lawsuit.

Well, they also blur out when you have the letters WWF like how I just typed it on a screen.

As evidenced in the DVD of the 1991 Royal Rumble after Sgt. Slaughter wins the title.

Well, they also blur out when you have the letters WWF like how I just typed it on a screen.

As evidenced in the DVD of the 1991 Royal Rumble after Sgt. Slaughter wins the title.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I haven't noticed them editing-out the old block-style logo.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I haven't noticed them editing-out the old block-style logo.

They don't edit out the block logo.

They just edit out when it's typed out WWF like how I just typed it out.

They don't edit out the block logo.

They just edit out when it's typed out WWF like how I just typed it out.

Ah, I see. That's still kind of silly.

Is the word WWF or the words World Wrestling Federation bleeped when they say it in the DVDs?

World Wrestling Federation is never bleeped.

WWF they either cut out the sentence that uses WWF or they just cut off the F from it, like...

"Anything can happen in the WW" and then they START to say F, but it's either cut completely or they just catch the first part of the F.

I don't see how a court could actually make WWE blur logos and do all this crazy crap. It actively hurts their DVD product. Why doesn't WWE simply put a disclaimer at the beginning of each disc saying "From 1979 to 2002 we were known as the WWF, which has nothing to do with the World Wildlife Fund."

I can get why they now have to be WWE, but there's no way if I'm Vince I'd ruin my tape library to satisfy these assholes.

I can get why they now have to be WWE, but there's no way if I'm Vince I'd ruin my tape library to satisfy these assholes.

Yeah, because ignoring the 1st court ruling worked out so well for Vince, why not do it again, right?

Yeah, because ignoring the 1st court ruling worked out so well for Vince, why not do it again, right?

Surely they could have come to some agreement that didn't involve blurring everything out.

I think the blurring is absolutely ridiculous, but it's VKM's fault. I can't stand watching old matches with the blur. Vince should have made a huge donation to World Wildlife Fund that would have allowed them to not have to blur all the damn footage.

With the recent release of the Summerslam DVD box set (and me STILL hoping for a Survivor Series one soon), there's something I've been wondering.

For Survivor Series and Summerslam, which were the first of either event that was on DVD?

I already know that WrestleMania XV and Royal Rumble 2000 were the first of those respective events on DVD.

Vince's idiocy towards the "Panda People" is just ONE of the reasons why I just flat-out despise his arrogant ass.

Shut up, JN News.

The blurring is a little annoying, but I don't see how it takes away the enjoyment of a match unless you're really anal. It'd be great if everything could be as it was, but it can't be, so I think everyone should try to accept it.

It is a nuisance, but it isn't too bad. What really affects my enjoyment is editing Jesse Ventura out of his commentaries. If they can't use him, then they should just redub it completely with their modern guys because hearing Vince talk to himself with awkward pauses just ruins the match. I'd rather just push the mute button.

It is a nuisance, but it isn't too bad. What really affects my enjoyment is editing Jesse Ventura out of his commentaries. If they can't use him, then they should just redub it completely with their modern guys because hearing Vince talk to himself with awkward pauses just ruins the match. I'd rather just push the mute button.

Total agreement right here. The bluring is distracting at times but usually I am focusing on the participants so I sort of tune out the bluring.

The Ventura annoucing is horrible. When Schiavone would be partnered up with him we get dead spots on the commentary for periods of 15-20 seconds which bugs me, especially when Tony would ask him a question. This bugs me more then the blurring of the logo.

The only time it actively annoys me is at an event like WMX7 where there are just scratch WWF logos everywhere. A typical Raw match has WWF logos mainly on the buckles and maybe the announce table. But at X7 or X8, there are more shirts w/ logos, signs w/ WWF on them, logos on the ring skirts, ect. But whatever.

Blurring doesn't bother me, despite what my first post would indicate.

It's just I prefer, if possible, non-blurred material.

I mean, I know I can never get an unblurred DVD of Royal Rumble 1999, so I deal with it.

WrestleMania XV had the original, unblurred, so I cut bait and got it.

I'm adjustable though.