TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

The Hockey Thread

Did you watch the game? He was screened big time on the first goal, the second goal was deflected twice and then he shut shit down after that, including three of Montreal's best one-on-one players in the shootout.

Coming into tonight he had a 1.8/.944 in the majority of the team's starts this year. Not bad for a guy not even on the all-star ballot. Maybe Laraque wants to fight him next.

They faced off in the 1991 NBA finals, and had a rivalry during that time and won 9 out of 11 NBA Titles during that span. You can't like both. The Leafs and Canucks have some common ground, but if they ever met in the Cup finals or became huge rivals, I'd probably have to choose.

Except the Bulls and Lakers played each other only once in the Finals, in 1991, before I ever watched the sport, thus making that fact meaningless.

And funny how the whole argument was about how you can't like 2 teams in one sport, which this thread has proven you do, thus nullifying your entire argument.

No, that wasn't my argument at all. I only like two teams in one sport, which happens to be my favourite and the one I'm obsessed about it. You like two teams in every sport, and it seems like you conveniently happened into pop into discussions about some teams during the playoffs.

That was your entire point. There's a thread about it that can link you to. And I never liked posting during games, nor did I get to watch many games live due to time zone differences and scheduling conflicts. The whole reason I've begun posting during regular season games is due to such claims.

Funny, given that you brought my name up!

You've done it plenty of times when I haven't brought your name up. I mentioned you originally in a neutral manner. Only after Czech pointed out your hypocrisy did I call you on it.

Anyway, the Kings' 3rd jerseys are "meh". They're black and silver, no purple, with a pentagon/home plate logo that has "AL" on top, with the crown logo below it, separated by a line.

Except the Bulls and Lakers played each other only once in the Finals, in 1991, before I ever watched the sport, thus making that fact meaningless.

No, not really. You still love two teams that have had a rivalry, and are two of the marquee franchises.

That was your entire point. There's a thread about it that can link you to.

It was that you liked two teams in every sport, and also had a Cubs and White Sox flag in your sig at one time, which, come on. And you quit on your team in the 6th inning in a tie game.

And I never liked posting during games, nor did I get to watch many games live due to time zone differences and scheduling conflicts.

I don't really have a problem with you not posting during the regular season, it was just funny that in the postseason you were like: Here comes the Dodgers!

The whole reason I've begun posting during regular season games is due to such claims.

Which I've had no problem with, it's always good to have more hockey fans.

You've done it plenty of times when I haven't brought your name up. I mentioned you originally in a neutral manner. Only after Czech pointed out your hypocrisy did I call you on it.

I've taken shots at you based on your posts, yes. It's funny that you told me to "give it up" when you're the one who started it up again.

That was your entire point. There's a thread about it that can link you to.

It was that you liked two teams in every sport, and also had a Cubs and White Sox flag in your sig at one time, which, come on. And you quit on your team in the 6th inning in a tie game.

It wasn't a tie game. They were down. And like I said, no one can "win" the liking 2 teams vs. just one argument due to it ebing opinion, but far more people agreed with my side than yours.

Guest Czecherbear
Anyway, the Kings' 3rd jerseys are "meh". They're black and silver, no purple, with a pentagon/home plate logo that has "AL" on top, with the crown logo below it, separated by a line.

Sounds like Al Davis bought the Kings.

Enough already with the third jerseys. Not you giving descriptions, I mean teams having them.

I like the third jerseys better than the regular home jerseys. We need to go back to that color scheme.

The Blues had a pretty nice third jersey on during the Ducks game on Friday.

It wasn't a tie game. They were down. And like I said, no one can "win" the liking 2 teams vs. just one argument due to it ebing [sic] opinion, but far more people agreed with my side than yours.

I'm sorry. They were down 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Totally justified for jumping off the ship, what a true fan you are! I think people understood your side (some people are just stupid?) but it was still pretty lame and terrible. Go Cubs! Go White Sox! Wait herrrrrrrre come the Dodgers.

Also, the one time I did mention your name was when you did one of your playing the victim posts about people jumping on you for liking two teams. I called you out for being a baby.

Did you watch the game? He was screened big time on the first goal, the second goal was deflected twice and then he shut shit down after that, including three of Montreal's best one-on-one players in the shootout.

Coming into tonight he had a 1.8/.944 in the majority of the team's starts this year. Not bad for a guy not even on the all-star ballot. Maybe Laraque wants to fight him next.

He's got something to prove. Maybe he isn't going to let in those soft goals we all know he is well capable of doing. He should be the starter of the All-Star game and right now one of the candidates for the Vezina/Hart so far (hopefully mentioning this will somehow jinx him)

The prognosis on Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo will have to wait another day, as the team said Sunday that there won't be an update on his injury status until after Monday's skate.

That doesn't sound good.

My bounty on either of the Kostitsyn sisters is now up to 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND) dollars. I've never seen players so quick to drop at the slightest amount of contact. Savard made a feather touch on one of the ladies' gloves and she dropped like she'd been shot. $1,000. I'm buying a house, guys. I don't have that kind of money, but I will send it.

I might take you up on that - I'm already hoping Chris removes the murder stipulation from the death pool. If the two brothers don't step it up by January.......I won't get started on that.

I know it was pretty well luck, but if Tom Kostopolous is scoring your game tying goal, and no one is scoring in the shootout.....edgy, edgy times for this Hab fan. It's not like my Raiders, who are so committed to losing it's fun. It's giving up too many shots and god-awful powerplays.

Edit: Did Matt Young edit in (sic) rather than correcting his mistake?

My bounty on either of the Kostitsyn sisters is now up to 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND) dollars. I've never seen players so quick to drop at the slightest amount of contact. Savard made a feather touch on one of the ladies' gloves and she dropped like she'd been shot. $1,000. I'm buying a house, guys. I don't have that kind of money, but I will send it.

I might take you up on that - I'm already hoping Chris removes the murder stipulation from the death pool. If the two brothers don't step it up by January.......I won't get started on that.

I know it was pretty well luck, but if Tom Kostopolous is scoring your game tying goal, and no one is scoring in the shootout.....edgy, edgy times for this Hab fan. It's not like my Raiders, who are so committed to losing it's fun. It's giving up too many shots and god-awful powerplays.

Edit: Did Matt Young edit in (sic) rather than correcting his mistake?

I didn't edit anything. After checking, I saw a typo in my post, but what mistake were you referring to?

Oh, it's gone. This could be fun. I'm actually thinking that the first person to kill someone on their list wins the pool.

Oh, it's gone. This could be fun. I'm actually thinking that the first person to kill someone on their list wins the pool.

What, really? A TSM Mob might take out Fred Phelps.....or Glenn Beck, to piss of Marvin. We're that god-awful.

Stempniak is the best player in this trade. I don't think the Leafs had any right handed shots in their top six prior to this deal. Good one for Toronto.

On another note, Luongo's out for 2-3 months. Ouch.

I saw Carlo play for St. John's in the AHL for a few years and I have to say I was never impressed with the guy at all. His positioning was terrible, always hurt, and seemed to cause him team more of a headache just by dressing for the game. Alex Steen was a decent player, but I don't know if he'll ever amass to anything more then a 2nd - 3rd line guy. Leafs win this trade hands down.

It's okay, 909!

Every other article has said that the Canucks "don't know" and everyone is just waiting. Hockey injuries have become more carny than wrestling.

5 weeks would be about 16 games, including a 6-game road trip. Sadly that means I won't get to see him when I go to Vancouver. I think they'll be okay though

After seeing that trade, it looks good for the Leafs one way, but I believe the Blues got something better. Steen and Coliacovo are out of Hockey Central and play with a team with a bit more skill. Fletcher being Fletcher only saw player value and I'm not shocked that there were no draft picks/prospects going to the Blue and White.

This is what I don't understand about the NHL. Avery gives Timonen a slew foot and throws him down after the whistle, Gratton comes in and just gives him a shove in the face, normal hockey gathering type stuff occur as some of the Stars do the same thing. Somehow Gratton is the only one that winds up with the penalty. This really makes no sense at all. It's a free PP for Dallas and it really needs to stop for players like Avery. Or at least let teams respond in a reasonable fashion. Giving a penalty to Gratton? Just pure laziness.

*Bangs head on table*

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Chiu blames Casey. Since we can't take that to the bank (for now) - awful PP, and the poor performance of Kovalev, the Kostitsyns, and Plekanec: Sooner or later, they have to turn it around.