TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK 10

This game has been a lot more entertaining than I ever expected it to be. The 49ers are playing much better than I expected having not seen them this year, and Vernon Davis just made a great TD catch before the half. Of course he immediately gets called for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for taking off his helmet. Singletary, of course, greeted him with a hug and some laughs after a brief awkward stare.

I wonder what the Cardinals do for conditioning or what their weightlifting program is like? Everyone in their team looks buffer than normal, then again maybe it's those short sleeve jerseys.

So what is the general belief on the best team in the NFL around here? Titans or Giants? I'm a huge Titans fan but the Giants are the only team that I think they would not be able to beat at this point. They have looked good in every game minus the Browns game.

I'd have to say the Giants, too. Solid all-around team that can beat you a lot of different ways. I wouldn't be at all opposed to a Titans-Giants Super Bowl.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know. The Giants obviously have the edge at quarterback, but the Titans have an even better running game and defense, not to mention coaching. I know not a lot of people are noticing them and even some of their fans are bemoaning them like earlier in this thread, but the Patriots are having one of those NO ONE RESPECTS US years and Belichick is doing a good, good job of coaching them. Losing to Indy was a real stinker, but I don't think anyone should take them lightly in the AFC. The rest of the conference is a total crapshoot, though- no one seems to want to win the AFC West, and I really want to put the Steelers easily at the top for the North, but they're incredibly inconsistent and the Ravens might sneak up on them. In the NFC, the only teams that have been consistent are the Giants and Panthers. The Bucs are a really confusing team, as are the Eagles, so who knows what'll happen with them. All I know is that at this time last year, no one was taking the Giants very seriously, especially since they went into a 1-2 funk in November, but they obviously got their shit together through December and the rest of the year to get the 5th seed and win the Super Bowl. So maybe we shouldn't put a lot of stock into where these teams are at right now.

I think the Cardinals must be pretty close to setting the record for interception touchdowns called back for offsides penalties.

Well, for bonehead stupidity I am positive they have.

And it's obvious Shaun Hill is NOT the answer at quarterback either. So who's left?

At this point, Alex Smith couldn't do fucking worse than this. He couldn't. A one armed man who is color blind could do better than this. Smith has gotten be on par with that.

ETA: Oh wait, he's on the IR. Also known as the no fucking way you are seeing the field list. Jaime Martin it is!

And just as soon as I type that, Jason Hill makes back to back nice plays and gets the Niners to the two with a chance to win. Wow.

But the Niners clock management is going to kill them. So they have one final shot to win the game.

So..you run the ball and you give it to...Michael Robinson?

What. The. Fuck??

The Niners need to call Drew Bledsoe. He'll give you one 9 win season and your back-up quarterback will rise up and become awesome. As long as you didn't use a first round draft pick on him, then he'll be a disaster.

My girl just threw her math book about a mile and has stated she is flying to San Fran tomorrow to cut off Mike Martz's balls since he's not using them anyway.

She's mildly upset. God damn Niners, I mean god damn. You get to the TWO YARD LINE with 45 seconds and you get off 2 plays? And the final one goes to Michael "I couldn't score at Penn State" Robinson?

Since I just won anywhere from $500 to $500,000 on this game, I was obviously looking at it biased. I'm celebratory drunk, but the theme I'm getting from the last dozen posts tells the story of how I'd feel if I'd watched this game objectively.

I turned the game off after Hill's Favre-esque interception figuring that was the ballgame. Glad I didn't see the ending otherwise I probably would have broke something but once again it sounds like only something the 49ers can pull off.

And I honestly had no idea they have John York's 27-year old son basically running the team now before they it mentioned during the game. That will end well.

I'm torn on what this game means tonight. On one hand I'm tempted to say the Cardinals proved they could win a game while not playing anywhere near their best. Yet on the other hand they struggled like hell to beat the crappy Niners.

As far as the best teams go, obviously right now the Titans are easily the best in the AFC. That said, they aren't really a dominant team most of the time. I could see the Patriots beating them in the playoffs, Ravens obviously could in a rematch (they led most of that game), I might even take the Colts over the Titans if they could get in the playoffs. As solid as Kerry Collins has been this year I can't help but think he's going to have some sort of meltdown in a critical playoff game.

In the NFC the Giants are clearly the best. Carolina might be 7-2, but they just seem....eh. One week they look dominant and crush someone, the next week Delhomme throws 4 INTs and they scrape by against Oakland. Redskins reek of being a fraud, Dallas is banged up with injuries, Tampa can't play worth a crap on the road, and Arizona is also puzzling. Eagles will always manage to blow it in a tough game. Right now I'd almost say the Falcons are the 2nd best team in the NFC, as wild as that sounds.

At this point, Alex Smith couldn't do fucking worse than this. He couldn't. A one armed man who is color blind could do better than this. Smith has gotten be on par with that.

ETA: Oh wait, he's on the IR. Also known as the no fucking way you are seeing the field list. Jaime Martin it is!

They could always go Michael Robinson. He completed nearly 50% of his passes at Penn State!