TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Annoying tv characters

Guest Smues

Amy from Judging Amy. Never liked her, but was tolerable for the first couple of seasons, but man by the end was she just awful. I think every case in the last season ended up with "mitigating circumstances, get the kid help!" being her decision.

Diane from Cheers. I was so glad when Kirstie Alley became the female lead.

Monica from Friends. I don't remember anything she did that was interesting or funny, and her OCD when it came to cleaning was the icing on the annoying cake.

Micah/Ali Larter's characters from Heroes. I was really into the first few episodes until they became all about them. After that, I stopped watching.

Ted from How I Met Your Mother, JD from Scrubs & Jerry Seinfeld. They're all basically the weakest link on their shows. They're incredibly egotistical douchebags who only care about themselves and then we're supposed to believe that any lady within a five mile radius just can't wait to take her panties off around them for some odd reason.

Arthur Spooner from The King of Queens. It was mildly funny when he played that same part as Frank Costanza on Seinfeld because it was part of the reason George was so fucked up. The fact that Carrie was "normal" despite a clearly psychotic father just made him intolerable.

Debra & Marie Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond. I think Debra hated Raymond, and Marie wanted to fuck him. Those roles should have been reversed, but never were. Any scene that had the two of them in it was hard to sit through.

The inexplicable Claire Huxtable rant was great. Who knew anyone harboured a deep resentment of a Cosby Show character?

Anyways, I never cared for Phoebe at all...her weird hippie thing was just too over the top. Really, most of the Friends cast was pretty ridiculous.

Ted from How I Met Your Mother, JD from Scrubs & Jerry Seinfeld. They're all basically the weakest link on their shows. They're incredibly egotistical douchebags who only care about themselves and then we're supposed to believe that any lady within a five mile radius just can't wait to take her panties off around them for some odd reason.

Ted? He plays the lovable loser who has ambitions of being a family man. Hardly the chick magnet you make him out to be. Are you sure you've even seen the show?

Ted? He plays the lovable loser who has ambitions of being a family man. Hardly the chick magnet you make him out to be. Are you sure you've even seen the show?

How many women has Ted hooked up with since the show's been on? He's not Barney by any means, but for a "lovable loser" he sure gets to bang a lot of random women.

Arthur Spooner from The King of Queens. It was mildly funny when he played that same part as Frank Costanza on Seinfeld because it was part of the reason George was so fucked up. The fact that Carrie was "normal" despite a clearly psychotic father just made him intolerable.

Carrie is far from normal. She has repeatedly been screwed over by her father, and is completely an insufferable bitch to everyone. Sometimes it seems that she is super-intolerant of Doug's behavior because it reminds her of Arthur.

I do agree that Arthur is a Frank Costanza rip off, but he's different in the case that occasionally he tries to make nice/do the right thing.

Smallville in general had this horrible thing where the people who COULD act would get little to no arcs or screen time while the most vile untalented ones would get arcs and screen time that wouldn't end. I have yet to figure how Smallville is even on the air, I would think after a strange kryptonia device sends Supergirl to DETROIT would have been the end of the line.

Lana though...god damn, I refuse to believe ANY character has been more annoying. Well, other than Scrappy fucking Doo. Two characters who just wouldn't die. With Scrappy it was cause he was in a cartoon, but with Lana? They brought her back to life so she could spend a season making Lex Luthor into a pussy. GREAT!

On the Sopranos, Meadow always annoyed me more than AJ. I mean Tony's kids in general were lousy but god damn Meadow was annoying from the starting line.

Claire Huxtable is a horrible person.

I hate that smug look she keeps on her face, that she's always is right about everything. Cliff eats too much. Rudy shouldn't wear that. Vanessa shouldn't see him. She's always getting on somebody.

Someone in the house was wrong? Made a mistake? Oh, it can't be Claire. She's perfect, but still managed to raise some of the stupidest kids in the world. I guess omnipotence isn't the best example to use in raising people, after all.

You sanctimonious twit. I hate you, Claire.

I agree with this. She removes the salt from Cliff's diet because he had one friend of the same age die? Jeez, talk about overreacting. Damn health nazi.

Matthew from Newsradio.

True, but at least being weird and annoying was the intention of the character. He was supposed to be that way. The other characters mentioned were supposed to be likable for the most part.

Matt, Annie, and Julia from Nip/Tuck...Matt has always had issues and has always been whinny, Annie was pretty much non-existant, Julia just wouldn't shut up and brought nothing to the table.

Janice on Friends....her voice was like nails on a chalkboard

Carrie is far from normal. She has repeatedly been screwed over by her father, and is completely an insufferable bitch to everyone. Sometimes it seems that she is super-intolerant of Doug's behavior because it reminds her of Arthur.

I do agree that Arthur is a Frank Costanza rip off, but he's different in the case that occasionally he tries to make nice/do the right thing.

He's also not nearly as angry all the time as Frank.

I know we've mentioned Mohinder and Ali Larter from Heroes, but Claire pisses me off more than anyone in that show. It's all just pissing and moaning from that girl.

Matt, Annie, and Julia from Nip/Tuck...Matt has always had issues and has always been whinny, Annie was pretty much non-existant, Julia just wouldn't shut up and brought nothing to the table.

I agree that they don't really give Annie anything to do, but she and Liz are pretty much the only sympathetic characters left on the show.

Wentworth Miller is Prison Break. I've just finished Season 1 and he annoyed me beyond belief - I've not seen that much brooding since Angel!

Jan on the Office just makes me feel uncomfortable, and not in the funny way that Michael sometiems does, more in the "get this bitch off my TV before I change channels" way

I just started watching the show, but Leonard on The Big Bang Theory really annoys me. The face that he makes, his voice..it's all just so, well, annoying.

Agreed. Sheldon and Penny own that show. Howard's not bad, but the Indian one...he can completely go away and the show wouldn't suffer. He's just there to make the cast multi-cultural (although the episode where he took Penny out for dinner as a way of celebrating his getting his article published was funny), and I can't even remember his fucking name.

It's getting to the point where I don't give a fuck about 13 anymore on House. The PI is awesome whenever he pops up, Wilson and House are still great (although there's going to be maybe another season or maybe two before House just becomes flat-out annoying unless he gets a really good character twist going), Cuddy = rule, Kutner and the plastic surgeon aren't bad, and Foreman is near-perfect as the nicer version of House...but 13 kinda jumped the shark after the episode with her and her prior night's date. The hostage ep wasn't bad, but I just don't care for her anymore. She doesn't have the same likeability of Cameron, or even the douchiness of Chase.

I just started watching the show, but Leonard on The Big Bang Theory really annoys me. The face that he makes, his voice..it's all just so, well, annoying.

P.S. 2000th post!

I watched an episode tonight cause people kept telling me how good it is, and yeah, that voice is unlistenable

The Claire Huxtable comments are fucking hilarity!

Now I'm a LOVER of The Cosby Show, I grew up on that shit as I'm sure a lot of us have.

So I can definitely see where you are coming from and I agree with you on so many levels, however I didn't hate her though.

I found it funny and laughed off her bitchiness.

One episode comes to mind when Rudy really wanted to wear a Summer dress to a party in the Fall (weak storyline, tell me about it).

But Claire went off the hinge at the thought of Rudy going behind her back and tricking Cliff into letting her wear that stupid dress to the birthday party.

Rudy damn near shit herself when Claire came through the door with her angry eyes of fury. God Damn! Don't cross MRS. HUXTABLE!

Agreed. Sheldon and Penny own that show.

Sheldon is already (after I think 9 episodes that I've watched) one of my favorite TV characters in some time. And Kaley Cuoco is currently my desktop background.