TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Jeff Hardy not at all rushed to Emergency Room (WWE.com storyline)

this new story with Edge is dumb as rocks under water.

Jeff's new crazed personality and weird face paint is a fresh thing for his character. Each time he loses a title match, it would send him over the edge (no pun) and he'd stop at nothing to get the strap. Edge beating him up in a hotel is BS.

Of course it's sleazy. It's fucking pro-wrestling.

EVERYTHING in Pro-Wrestling is sleazy. This isn't near the worst thing they've ever done by a mile.

Oh but see, they're doing it around the anniversary of the death of Eddie Guerrero and everything in wrestling has a double meaning and nothing is a coincidence, so death to the WWE!

Like I have said for years, if it's on WWE.com, it's a work. They've just done a better job with it this time.

Besides all those wrestlers dying.

Yeah, it's a shame that Vince McMahon and Paul Bearer are no longer with us. Their deaths were reported on WWE.com, then taken down before an investor could sue them.

And I'm more annoyed that this story exists, not that I didn't come up with it. Anyone with a sleazy mind could come up with this, then someone with some actual sense would have said "the hell's the matter with you?"

If you're making good money working for WWE, you're not going to say "the hell's the matter with you?" And if you, specifically, did, then you're an idiot. They're still in the entertainment business, no matter how many people here don't want to admit it. That's all this is about.

You could say WWE is a victim of their own conceit. Perhaps the architect of their own defeat. Don't they see the writing on the wall? They're in way over their head. Going to drown in the things that they've said.

I don't suggest saying any of that though.

I guess I'm an idiot, then. It's just good business to create an environment that constantly sends "entertainers" to a grave before their 45, then exploit their deaths to make a ton of money. I'll always be working for the man instead of being the man until I'm willing to literally bury my talent and then dance on their graves, or at least have everyone think that my star is dead to hype up sales. Hey, it worked for The Dark Knight, and Jeff Hardy kinda looks like the Joker with all of that face paint. I need to get with the program and accept that sometimes, people can make up bogus stories about serious issues because it gets attention.

But again, I'm just an idiot. It's not like I know anything. I'm done with this story and this thread.

While I think it's a dumb angle to tease that one of your top faces may not make the show, I get a laugh out of seeing people a) not recognise that it's a work and b) Act like this is the worst thing WWE has ever done, and hope they cease to exist.

If WWE worked Jim Ross, Tazz, Eve, HHH, Kozlov, etc. to think Jeff was really clubbed in the head in his hotel and left in the stairwell, then yes, it's as bad as a TNA work. Since I doubt that happened, it's better than a Vince Russo TNA work. Slightly.

This thread IS hilarious, I have to agree. As soon as they says "don't know if Hardy will perform tonight" you should know it's a work. As for the "classiness" of the work.. well fuck it. It's wrasslin'.. nothin's classy around here. The whiners need to unbunch their panties for christ's sake.

The whole angle makes a lot of sense, which also disqualifies the the TNA comparison. Edge disappears after Vickie brings the Undertaker back to grant her revenge on Edge. Undertaker continues to terrorize Vickie, who is powerless to stop him despite getting help from the Big Show (and....Chavo), so Edge bides his time, presumably manipulates Vickie when she is at her weakest, and he sneaks in and wins the title. This might even be the start of a build for WrestleMania for Edge/Jeff (if you're into that). That might even be a TLC match if they want to sacrifice Money in the Bank. Sorry for the elitist fantasy booking.

While I think it's a dumb angle to tease that one of your top faces may not make the show, I get a laugh out of seeing people a) not recognise that it's a work and b) Act like this is the worst thing WWE has ever done, and hope they cease to exist.

People thought the Benoit thing was a work at first, too. I know this because I recently read that topic over for the first time (and hey, lots of classic bob barron pop up "funny lines" there also!)

There's shades of gray sometimes and it's getting harder to tell what's real and what isn't. (Although once they said "he might be able to perform tonight", then yes, easy enough to figure out. Which most people did..)

People thought the Benoit thing was a work at first, too. I know this because I recently read that topic over for the first time (and hey, lots of classic bob barron pop up "funny lines" there also!)

That was because WWE was in the midst of doing a death angle at the time, so some people were initially skeptical. It became very quickly apparent that it wasn't, and everyone figured it out.

How dare they do this on the 15 year, 10 month(ish) anniversary of Andre The Giant's passing?

DO THEY HAVE NO SOULS!?

I know!!! The bastards!

You guys are all posting on a message board that plays a game where people create a roster and hope that most of who they picked will die within the year. stfu.

And we'll see you tomorrow night!!