TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

That would weird me out something fierce. Having to wear another guy's tights. Maybe he just forgot his or something. It grosses me the fuck out if I've slacked on laundry, and I'm out of clean underwear and have to borrow a pair of my Dad's.

I looked that pic up because I knew I'd seen Edge in short trunks before.. I just forgot the story. Apparently his luggage was lost via the airline and he had to borrow Murdoch's.

This is completely off topic, but it's something I've been wondering. What was the first PPV/TV Taping where Triple H dropped "My Time" and used "The Game"? I want to say it was Royal Rumble 2001, but I could be wrong

But why borrow Murdoch's? There has to be a story there. Is there a wrestling lockerroom rule that says the boys get to pick your replacement ring gear if you lose/forget yours or something. Same thing with Umaga wearing Ortons - they're vastly different sizes - it's like it's a rib of some sorts. Maybe it's just having fun oat house shows or something, or they lost a bet or something.

But why borrow Murdoch's? There has to be a story there. Is there a wrestling lockerroom rule that says the boys get to pick your replacement ring gear if you lose/forget yours or something. Same thing with Umaga wearing Ortons - they're vastly different sizes - it's like it's a rib of some sorts. Maybe it's just having fun oat house shows or something, or they lost a bet or something.

That also kind of occurred to me. If Edge forgot his tights, why ask to borrow the fat guy's tights? Why not Cade's, since he's closer to Edge's size? I remember the picture of Umaga in Orton's trunks that was floating around. Those trunks must have a LOT of give on them.

FWIW, I was at a WCW house show in 1997 or 1998, sometime around there. DDP was the United States champion at the time, and made his entrance wearing the Television title. I always figured maybe he forgot the belt at home, or something. At the Tribute to the Troops in 2006, didn't Lashley wear the World title rather than the ECW Belt? Wonder what was going on there?

This is completely off topic, but it's something I've been wondering. What was the first PPV/TV Taping where Triple H dropped "My Time" and used "The Game"? I want to say it was Royal Rumble 2001, but I could be wrong

I want to say that it was the RAW on 01/16/01, which was one week after he returned after being a month-long absence.

I want to say that it was the RAW on 01/16/01, which was one week after he returned after being a month-long absence.

Thanks!

A cool concept that ECW used about a little over a year ago should be brought back to determine a No.1 contender to either a Hvt. Championship, or The I.C./U.S. Title. I forgot what it was called, but the initial match was a fatal 4 way between the top contenders to The ECW Title. The person who got pinned or submitted,(or counted out or D.Q.'d), was eliminated from contension. The next week it was a triple threat match with the same stips. Finally, it became a one on one No.1 contenders match with the winner meeting the champ at the ppv. With them just using the beat the clock gimmick on SD, either Raw or ECW should use this in the near future.

A cool concept that ECW used about a little over a year ago should be brought back to determine a No.1 contender to either a Hvt. Championship, or The I.C./U.S. Title. I forgot what it was called, but the initial match was a fatal 4 way between the top contenders to The ECW Title. The person who got pinned or submitted,(or counted out or D.Q.'d), was eliminated from contension. The next week it was a triple threat match with the same stips. Finally, it became a one on one No.1 contenders match with the winner meeting the champ at the ppv. With them just using the beat the clock gimmick on SD, either Raw or ECW should use this in the near future.

Eh, the shitty part about that whole thing was Tommy Dreamer won, then was immediately beaten by Big Daddy V. Armando came out when Dreamer was celebrating and told him he had to win one more match, and he was promptly destroyed, though he did put up a good fight. I wouldn't mind them doing it again though, just without the bullshit ending.

Eh, the shitty part about that whole thing was Tommy Dreamer won, then was immediately beaten by Big Daddy V. Armando came out when Dreamer was celebrating and told him he had to win one more match, and he was promptly destroyed, though he did put up a good fight. I wouldn't mind them doing it again though, just without the bullshit ending.

Exactly.

Steve Bradley, who was a WWE Developmental talent in the 90's was found dead today at the age of 32. Bradley was found earlier today in a parking lot across the street from where he once operated a wrestling school in Manchester, NH.

Bradley wrestled on the Independent scene when he was 15/16 years old, and was signed to a WWE Developmental deal in 1998. He was assigned to the Memphis Territory and worked a lot with Kurt Angle during that time.

In 2002 Bradley was released, after never making the main WWE roster. During his time under contract, Bradley worked in HWA, OVW, Puerto Rico, other WWE Territories and the occasional dark match.

Bradley went on to operate a wrestling school after he release, which he shut down in the last 6-months. Reportedly Bradley had some personal issues over the last few years, and it was reported that he took the WWE up on the offer for rehabilitation as a former contracted talent. At this time the cause of Bradley's death is unknown.

Our condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Steve Bradley during this difficult time.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

HHH used "The Game" at Survivor Series 2000 I believe.

No.

Steve Bradley was Sick Boy, right?

You're thinking of Scott Vick, who was "Katie Vick's brother."

Triple H started using a remix of My Time when it was revealed that he was the guy who hired Rikishi to take out Austin. He used the remix theme at Armageddon 2000. But he had the Motorhead music at Royal Rumble 2001, so it was some point between then.

Triple H started using a remix of My Time when it was revealed that he was the guy who hired Rikishi to take out Austin. He used the remix theme at Armageddon 2000. But he had the Motorhead music at Royal Rumble 2001, so it was some point between then.

You're right. I had my dates mixed up.

Forgive me for bringing up old news but I had no idea that the finale to The Shield was based on the Benoit murders.

Yea, it was a pretty chilling event. Long story short, Shane (disgraced former police officer) didn't want himself or his pregnant wife to have to go to jail for some murders that they were linked to. They had a very young son (how old was Jackson, 2? 3?), and Shane didn't want him to grow up in foster care knowing his parents were murderers, or for his unborn daughter to share a similar fate. So, he drugged some drinking water that he gave his wife and son, and they simply died in their sleep. "Happy and innocent. Just the way I found them", as his suicide note read. He placed them side by side on a bed, and left a bouquet of flowers in his wife's hands, and a toy police car in his son's hands. Similar to Chris Benoit leaving bibles next to Daniel and Nancy's bodies. While Shane was in the process of writing his suicide note, an army of police knocked-down the door of his house, and when a couple female officers turned a corner and saw him sitting in his bathroom, he shot himself in the head. I don't think chilling is a proper word to describe the event, it was just terribly sad more than anything.

I should've continued watching that show.

WWE Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan, recently did a radio interview for Eagle 105.7 in Augusta, GA regarding his project, Celebrity Championship Wrestling. In it, he took shots at Vince McMahon. "All of a sudden, Vince McMahon raised his ugly head and thought we were threatening his company and he's been doing everything he can to shut us down. We're not a real wrestling promotion. We're just a reality show."

He then explained that Vince had already exposed the business in 1989 when he admitted to the New Jersey State Senate that pro wrestling was pre-determined and that pro wrestlers do not actually attempt to hurt each other. He did this so he could avoid being taxed for his live events in the state. Hogan also mentions Vince exposed the business again when he created the Tough Enough show for MTV.

He also took a shot at Triple H.

"The biggest expose' is constantly putting the World Title on your son-in-law for the last five or six years. That's probably the biggest expose' I've ever seen, keeping Triple H as champion."

It should be noted for irony purposes that Triple H was a big proponent in getting WWE Confidential and Tough Enough cancelled because he felt the shows exposed the business too much.

So much for Triple H being Hogan's favorite new wrestler to watch.

In 2008 (2009) who gives a flying fuck about whether the business is exposed or not? It's a moot point. They need to just let go of this idiot tradition of thinking that they're actually fooling anyone.

It's not like Hogan was a champion one too many times.

I thought the same thing after I read that.

The statement implies that Hogan should win the belt more often. That said, it's hardly as if Triple H is JBL here. He was the primary heel during the WWE's most successful run (1999-2001).

Since we're talking HHH not holding the title for a while.. I can't believe Shawn Michaels hasn't had the title since 2002.

Does HBK work house shows? In the very least he's on a reduced schedule, and the wwe probably wants their Champions everywhere and doing appearances.