TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

I didn't realize until today, but a Ravens win over the Steelers could create some fairly ridiculous tie-breaker scenarios. I won't go into every possible situation, but if Baltimore beat Pittsburgh then lose at Dallas and the Steelers lose at Tennessee, then the two teams beat the Jaguars and Browns week 17 then they tie on head to head, division, common games, and conference. The tie breaker would end up strength of victory which would come down to which group has the better record between Baltimore's Miami-Oakland-Philly group and Pittsburgh's New England-San Diego-Dallas group. Turns out that Eagles tie could end up being the AFC North tie breaker.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Five Question Footlong:

1. MVP/OROY/DROY/COTY. Who you got in the discussion?

2. What is the most disappointing team in the league?

3. Many teams are already thinking about the offseason. The Seahawks, Niners, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Browns are all hopeless. Pick a team or two (or all of them) and turn them into winners this offseason.

4. How have you felt about the officiating this season?

5. Kick someone in the NFL right in the dick. Who are you picking and why?

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Good riddance to the fucking retarded Arena League. Baseketball come to life.

See, I liked it. Ft. Wayne had some little sub-AFL local league team thing, and I went to a game. It was something like seven bucks for really good seats, and it was a decent time. The players all put forth a ton of effort, it gave an opportunity for parents to take their kids out, and was fun in the scope that absolutely nobody there was taking themselves too seriously. Concessions cost more than seats. I'm not heartbroken over the league folding or anything, though. The game will still hang around in local circles.

I'll take Pacman finds Jesus, turns his life around and then is gunned down in a robbery.

MVP: Eli Manning (NYG), Drew Brees (NO), Kurt Warner (Arz), Adrian Peterson (MN), DeAngelo Williams (Car), and Michael Turner (Atl). No order at all here because I really don't know who I'd give it too. Peterson is carrying the Vikings on his back so I'd probably give him the edge when it comes down to my time to pick one. Brees AND Warner might break Marino's record though so how could I NOT include them? It's a long shot for both but still not impossible considering the offenses.

OROY: Matt Ryan (Atl), Joe Flacco (Balt), Eddie Royal (Den), Matt Forte (Chi), Steve Slaton (Hou) and Chris Johnson (TEN)..that's in order. 3 through 6 is interchangable though, but I got the two quarterbacks right now on the next level but barely. Both have progressed much much quicker than I would have guessed in their first year. Ryan has already become the leader of the Falcons and with his better numbers, I still have him with the edge on Flacco. All six have been most impressive. Forte could easily jump right into the two slot after this week though. It's so tight that one bad game and any of the top two could fall to fifth and sixth on my board.

DROY: Jerod Mayo (NE), Chris Horton (Was), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Ariz)..again, in order. None of the other rookies have impressed me as much as these three and Cromartie is more of a "eh, why not" selection.

COTY: I edited this cause I had a moron moment. Coach of the year, gotta go with Jeff Fisher. His team is winning with Kerry Collins after his starting quarterback almost went nuts. The Falcons went from nothing to something so Smith has done fantastic. Tom Coughlin has done amazing holding the Giants focus. Add in John Harbaugh for his job in Baltimore, Wisenhunt for Arizona and even Timlin in Pittsburgh. Still, giving it to Fisher but Coughlin and Smith are right there.

Lot of teams have been disappointing. The Chargers have lost a lot of close games and a HUGE defensive piece but it's still a disappointment how they did. The Texans get a ground game and they are still miserable. But my pick is still the Lions. 0-13 is disappointing even when it's expected you will suck. And no one really expected the Lions to suck this badly. When you are calling Duante Culpepper out of retirement, you are the definition of the word disappointment. What's even MORE disappointing? They don't even know if a solid quarterback will be in the draft.

3. Many teams are already thinking about the offseason. The Seahawks, Niners, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Browns are all hopeless. Pick a team or two (or all of them) and turn them into winners this offseason.

The Niners: The defense has shown signs that it can do the job if it isn't left on the field or left in a bad spot because of a stupid quarterback decision. If Shaun Hill is the guy, announce it and be done with it. Find a receiver to go with Jason Hill to give him more options to work with. Sign Sig to a long term deal cause if you don't, someone else is going to snag him up. Draft a right tackle to work on the other side of Staley to sure up the line a lot, find a receiver in the second round to either be the three guy or the #2 with Hill (if Crabtree is there, grab him in the first, but he'll be gone). If Eugene Monroe is there, I'd take him and stick him on the other side of Staley. That is a big quick line that can work. The Niners have ALWAYS been just that close but things never pan out.

Eh, they are doing what they can. They are missing a lot of obvious interference calls and calling ticky tack shit but I blame that more on the rules that have forced them to stare at guys to make sure they aren't breathing on offensive players.

Jerry Jones. For being Jerry Jones again and doing what he always does when his team loses a tough one. Jerry always thinks he's the god damn answer and it's gotten annoying. Hell, I'm sure if Plax doesn't go to prison that he'll be a Cowboy next season with Roy Williams. Just everything about that Texas fuck makes me want to kick him in the dick.

New Orleans at Chicago - Still right in the thick of it in the NFC North, and it's Chicago in December. The Bears have the potential to hugely overachive this season, and this is should help.

EARLY

Tampa Bay at Atlanta - I maintain my week 2 statement of Atlanta being "not great, but a pleasant surprise this year".

Washington at Cincinnati

Tennessee at Houston - Should be competitive, but the Titans keep rolling.

Detroit at Indianapolis - 250 points for Indy.

Green Bay at Jacksonville - A tough one. Both of these teams should be better, but I'll give the edge to the Pack, since they're scoring a lot (355 points, despite a disappointing 5-8 record).

San Diego at Kansas City - Won't matter.

San Francisco at Miami - Maybe the hardest game this week, but with the record of Western teams on the East coast, I'll play the odds.

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets - The Jets aren't done. The Bills are.

Seattle at St. Louis - Way too little too late, but Seattle hasn't looked too bad the last few weeks.

LATE

Minnesota at Arizona - Way more pressure on the Vikings now that the Cards have it locked. I like Minny.

New England at Oakland

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - Hunch.

Denver at Carolina - Looked good Monday, and surely have some momentum after it. Denver could have the division locked up by kick-off, so they'll gear down a little.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

N.Y. Giants at Dallas - The 'Boys surely have to be shellshocked after a late loss, plus they lost to the Giants already this year.

FOOTBALL ON MONDAY NIGHT

Cleveland at Philadelphia - I'm going to contradict myself here a bit: Cleveland's been a disappointment this year. They have two wins on Monday night already, but both of those were fairly close - a late pick and a missed field goal could have easily meant a different outcome. Philly looks like they've got their stride back. Even with the nature of the Browns' MNF wins, I won't put money on it, but I'll take the Eagles.

Five Question Footlong:

1. MVP - Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, and probably James Harrison and Ed Reed.

OROY - Matt Ryan, Chris Johnson or Joe Flacco. I'd probably give it to Ryan today.

DROY - Not so sure about this one. Names that come to mind include Jerod Mayo, Chris Horton and Aqib Talib.

COY - Jeff Fisher nosing out Tom Coughlin.

2. Hard to decide, but I'm going with the Jaguars barely over the Chargers. The Jags have quit on their coaches and quit on each other. I don't expect them to win another game this season. San Diego at least has a very outside shot at making the playoffs despite everything.

3. I don't follow these teams enough to be able to do that. I will say that the Lions will need at least 2 more years before they can compete. They need to focus on rebuilding both lines and their secondary this offseason.

4. I don't think it's been any better or worse than in previous years. I've seen horrible calls made since I started watching football. It's just that some of the bad calls have been a lot more high profile this year (e.g. the Hochuli call against San Diego). I do wish the media would stop putting these guys under such an intense microscope -- bad calls from Hochuli's crew were making headlines a month after the Denver/SD game. I also think the league should consider hiring full-time officials and paying them as such.

5. If I was a Raiders fan, I'd say Al Davis, but speaking as a Broncos fan, we love the guy! Anyway, my pick is Philip Rivers because he's such a whiny bitch.

Guest Vitamin X
Five Question Footlong:

MVP is a toughie. I can't really pick out one or two particularly outstanding players this year, not even from the teams with good or great records. Since this award usually goes to the RB or QB with the best stats on a winning team (preferably division champ if not top seeded in their conference) that would seem like it'd go to Kurt Warner or Adrian Peterson, neither of which I feel wholly comfortable giving it to. Defensive Player of the Year is going to be a toughie too, between Joey Porter and Albert Haynesworth, I imagine.

OROY has to be Matt Ryan, but Joe Flacco and Steve Slaton make a strong case for it as well. DROY is kind of an unknown- I'd go with Mayo from the Pats or Talib from the Bucs. COTY is probably Tom Coughlin- it's really hard to keep your team focused and ready to win after pulling off one of the greatest upsets in NFL history, but to come back and get the top seed in the tougher conference with all the distractions this year? A little over a year ago, this guy was on the hot seat and very close to getting fired. The turnaround the Giants have made since getting whupped by the Vikings 41-17 last year has been nothing short of incredible.

I'm obviously biased, but Green Bay by a mile. The only difference with this team has been trading Corey Williams to the Browns, and of course Favre to the Jets, of course Favre's replacement has been outplaying Favre this year so that point is moot. I hate to join the legions of Wisconsinites who have been saying it but Mike McCarthy has really not been getting this team to play this year, and moreover I think Bob Sanders (the DC) is gone after this year. This was a team that was a stupid interception away from going to the Super Bowl and possibly making history instead of the Giants, and they've returned basically the exact same team and now they can't seem to win a close game. Every loss this year outside of Dallas in Week 3, and New Orleans a couple weeks ago, was determined in the last two minutes of play- they would actually be undefeated in their division this year if Mason Crosby's kick had hit against Minnesota. They are by far the most talented team in the division, but they just can't put it together this year. I'm thinking next year with two high draft picks, a new defensive coordinator, and Aaron Rodgers finally having some experience under his belt, not to mention a healthy defense, they're going to return with a vengeance.

3. Many teams are already thinking about the offseason. The Seahawks, Niners, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Bengals, and Browns are all

hopeless. Pick a team or two (or all of them) and turn them into winners this offseason.

The Niners, so far, look like they're right on track. Ever since Singletary dropped his drawers, they haven't lost a game, and might even finish at .500 this year. The defense has just turned it around insanely- what San Francisco really needs is some good receivers and an offensive line. Keep Shaun Hill around and see how he keeps developing- so far, so good.

As for another team, the Chiefs. I have a hard time believing they've only won 2 games this year, but they look like they've got their QB of the future with Thigpen. I'd stick with him and get a replacement for Larry Johnson ASAP, and upgrade that defense as soon as possible. Getting rid of Herm Edwards and letting him get back to being a coordinator would be the best thing for both sides to do. Bring in some hard-nosed Schottenheimer-esque coach who could turn that defense around and get them winning again.

It's been okay. There are some awful calls, and some good calls. The overall play of the league this year has just been really, really sloppy outside of a couple teams- seems like everyone's stuck in relative mediocrity or slightly-above mediocrity aside from a couple really great teams. That's going to lead to magnifying the ref problem to the point where it's going to be blown out of proportion, because there's so many close games and the records are all over the place.

brett_favre_jets_football_400a.jpg

Five Question Footlong:

1. MVP: I don't know, maybe Kurt Warner but his stock has fallen.

OROY: Matt Ryan

DROY: I don't know

COTY: Mike Smith

2. Jaguars. I had them going to the Super Bowl.

3. The Niners are the closest to turning it around. Hire Singletary permanently and get a decent QB in there.

4. It's been okay.

5. Brett Favre, just because.

MVP: Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Albert Haynesworth, James Harrison - The first two are putting up fantastic numbers and are carrying their teams into at least contention in the case of Brees and the playoffs for Warner. Haynesworth & Harrison have been beasts, and neither the Titans nor Steelers are going anywhere without them, instead both teams are Super Bowl contenders.

OROY: Matt Ryan. There isn't even a discussion here. Barring a complete collapse in the final 3 weeks, if anyone other than Ryan wins this then it is a joke. His numbers are better than Flacco's across the board and he came into a far worse situation.

DROY: Jerod Mayo is leading the Patriots in tackles. It hasn't been a very good year for defensive rookies so he should win easily.

COTY: Tony Sparano, Jeff Fisher, Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin - Sparano turned a 1-15 with no significant additions into a playoff contender and gave the NFL its next big fad with the Wildcat offence. Fisher got saddled with a mentally disturbed QB, and was forced to go with retread Kerry Collins and currently has them at 12-1. Atlanta was perhaps even worse than Miami with their star QB in jail and their head coach packing his bags and leaving in the middle of the night last year, and again Smith has turned them into a playoff contender with a rookie at QB. The Steelers have been dealing with massive injury problems all year, and yet they have the best defence of any team since the 2000 Ravens and might be the best team in the league (New York & Tennessee are the other contenders).

I had Jacksonville as AFC Champions, yet there were never really even in the race. They have completely given up at this point.

The three teams on the bubble are Cleveland, San Fran & Kansas City. With San Fran, I wouldn't do much. The team on the field right now could easily compete for the NFC West crown next year. Just continue to improve through the draft.

Going into the season the Cleveland defence was considered its weak point, but sloppy play on offence is what has doomed them. Romeo has to go, and I like Schottenheimer but I don't think he is right for this team. I'd go with Brian Billick. He's an offensive guy that never had anything to work with on that side of the ball in Baltimore, and he's proven he can win in the post season. Sign a big name free agent WR (TJ Houshmanzadeh?) to take pressure off of Edwards, and use a high draft pick on a RB. Quinn needs to start right away. This can be an offensive powerhouse with the right coaching and additions.

The Chiefs need defence, defence, defence. Especially the front seven. The first day of the draft should be dedicated to this. Their O-Line is a work in progress, but they started fixing this year. Thigpen should be the QB for the present and future. If they spend their efforts looking for a QB this off-season, then they screwed up. Larry Johnson is a problem, so getting a replacement for him is a top priority as well. Finally, they need to find a way to bring Tony Gonzales back and keep him happy. They would lose a big target for Thigpen if he forces a trade. I would give Edwards another year, since we knew this season would be a wash anyways. I don't think it is fair to judge him on that.

Hasn't been much worse or better than normal. Not much to say about it. The refs are getting more flak than they deserve.

Laveranues Coles. He's been on lousy teams for years. Finally, he's got a decent QB and is on the best team he's ever been on and he's bitching about his role (despite being 1 TD from tying his career best). Just shut up. At least TO waits until they lose.

Five Question Footlong:

1. Kurt Warner is in the lead. I'd also have Eli, Peyton and Brees in the discussion. The first two for leading their teams and the last for his Madden like numbers. I don't remember the last time I really had no clue who was going to be in the mix with 3 weeks left in the season.

2. San Diego by far. LT looks like a shell of himself, and without Merriman their defense looks mediocre at best. I don't think anyone would have predicted that their season would have been over by week 9, but that seems to have been the case.

3. I'm skipping this question.

4. The Hochuli debacle aside, I still think they're flat out horrible when it comes to goal line plays and spots on plays that are close to a first down in either direction. I also still don't understand how you can have that many officials and instant replay and it still takes them 5 minutes to figure out things that I was able to see as they happened live.

5. Tony Romo because he is the Cowboys QB, because he continues to keep Jessica Simpson's name out there during football games and because he's such a douchebag. Honorable mention would go to Commissioner Goodell because he's so fucking smug.

Five Question Footlong:

1. MVP: my pick is Eli Manning, but honestly if Drew Bress could get the Saints in playoffs, then I would go with him.

OROY- Matt Ryan and it's not even close.

DROY- I'll go with Jerrod Mayo, not too sure about the rest.

COTY- Jeff Fisher or Tony Sporano

2. I'd pick the San Diego Chargers. Went from making the AFC Championship game to also ran. I would have thought with Tom Brady going down that they would make their run this year.

3. Raiders: Convince Al Davis to hire Bill Cowher, Denny Green. Mooch or whoever to run the front office. Hopefully a GM will hire an up and coming NFL coordinator, but for gods sake not Jim Fassell. Time to clean house: Trade Asomugha for picks, trade down in this years draft for late first round/early second round picks, if Tim Tebow comes out and if he's available in the second round nab him and tell JaMarcus Russell that if he doesn't get his shit together in the off-season he rides the bench. Tell the whole Raider offensive line to take a hike sans Robert Gallery. Draft a tackle and center and sign a veteran left tackle. See if you can't get any takers for Justin Fargas as a courtesy for him for sticking it out. Take a hit for Javon Walker (hopefully it will be an uncapped year!) and sign a veteran possession receiver. Ashley Lelie can stay. Part ways with Derrick Burgess and hopefully you can get a rookie or waiver wire player to replace him. Create competition in training camps by bringing in waived guys an pray you'll find a gem or diamond in the rough. Honestly there is so much to do and so many holes, it'll take two off-seasons or more to right this ship. Most of this team right now would not even start on other NFL teams!

Lions: If the go 0-16 then it's the nuclear option. If I were Henry Ford Junior and the Lions went 0-16, fire everybody across the board and rebuild the Lions like they were an expansion team. Draft a quarterback, offensive line and defensive line. Trade Calvin Johnson for picks and/or players and concentrate on the defensive front. Like the Raiders, the Lions should hit the waiver wire hard. It'ss take a while for the Lions to be good again.

4. Indifferent, it's about the same it is every season some controversy will threaten to bring down the refs.

5. I'd pick Adam Jones, because he gotten too many chances to play a game millions of others would kill for for. He'll end up like OJ in a couple years.

1. Rookies are easy. Ryan and Mayo, no questions. For coach, I'm inclined to say Jeff Fisher who's got a young team with no good WRs and a QB who most thoght has been washed up for 6 or 7 years and has them with the best record in the league. MVP is a little harder. Kurt Warner seems like the safe choice there with the Cards finally turning things around. James Harrison should win DPOTY.

2. The Chargers have been really disappointing this year. LT has been way down, the defense has been awful, and they're on life support in the worst division in football, despite being in the AFC title game last year.

3. The Chiefs need help at WR and O-line, as well as a pass rusher. Take Crabtree or Maclin with the first pick, then see if you can't find a some vets to help this young team in free agency They do have some pieces in place to turn things around, and are a lot closer to doing so than most of the other teams listed.

4. The real problem is all the stupid fines coming down from the commissioner. Outside of the SD/DEN game (which is like a 1 in 5 year debacle on par with the infamous PIT/DET Thanksgiving coin toss or Vinny Testaverde's phantom TD), the officiating has been par for the course. Goodell's the real problem.

5. Plaxico Burress. I'm sick of hearing about that guy.

MVP: Eli Manning

OROY: Matt Ryan

DROY: Jerod Mayo

COTY: Tony Sporano in Miami. Took a 1-15 team and has them on the outside of the playoff race & AFC East.

Seattle Seahawks who are 2-11 after 10-6 and 9-7 the previous 2 seasons.

Detroit Lions: Hire a competent GM preferably from a winning organization like the Patriots, Colts, or Chargers. Maybe look at what Atlanta did and hire a strong head of scouting, hire a defensive minded coach who will run the ball, and the owner should just back off. Also focus on players who fit specific roles rather than trying to get that rookie MLB who can tackle like a truck but can't play pass coverage for his life or that free agent OT who can run block but can't do anything else.

St. Louis Rams: Dismantle the scouting staff and hire scouts who are willing to work for low pay and understand 100% what the coach wants in a player. Also build from the inside out (O-Line, D-Line) and gamble on overachievers in the 5th, 6th, and 7th round. Those are the guys who have high motors but may not be flashy. What they can do is play hard and play smart more often than not. Build a team concept from the GM on down to the interns.

IMO, too many teams focus on getting that "one piece" in the front office/sidelines. It rarely works getting that one player on the field to bring a team over the hump, so why would it work in the front office?

Honestly, the officiating has gotten killed more often than not but for the most part, they have been competent and even good throughout the season. It's just that the negative aspects have been blown up (as per usual) and the positives have been ignored.

In the past it would've been Peyton Manning but now it's Bill Parcells. Bolts the Patriots, basically ignites the Pats/Jets rivalry, gets draft picks to hand over Belichick to us, then after some mediocre years with Dallas he returns as Miami GM and has them as a threat.

Guest Vitamin X

Interesting development up in Seattle.

Holmgren Return Blocked by Seahawks Front Office

On KJR-AM this morning, departing Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren told interviewer Mitch Levy that in the past year, he had changed his mind in regard to his upcoming retirement, and that his overtures to delay his retirement for at least another year were rebuffed by Seahawks management. Holmgren specifically cited former Packer Green Bay Packer QB Brett Favre who had decided to return to football after announcing his retirement, saying "sometimes we change our minds." Holmgren also admitted that this season's woes will most certainly increase the likelihood that he'll return to coaching. Said commentator Hugh Millen afterward: "It is pretty clear that he's been pushed out." Shame on you, Tim Ruskell. Update: We imagine Holmgren will be cooking up a healthy dose of revenge very soon.

More for the "TO is a fucking baby" file:

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

That's his QUARTERBACK.

If you didn't see him throwing Romo and Whitten under the bus after the last game, you were blind. And come to think of it, no, I don't recall T.O being seen with a woman. Actually, I don't recall T.O being seen outside of the locker room and his home. The guy is either low profile on a shocking level or he's a robot...or gay.

Where could he possibly go if things continue to get worse in Dallas? The guy has talent, but the amount of baggage that comes with it seems to pretty much cancel out whatever benefits he might bring to an offense.

Assuming that all college players who haven't declared, will declare, who should the Lions take with the first pick come April?

This is more of keying in on a position they need, not who they exactly need.

Interesting development up in Seattle.

Holmgren Return Blocked by Seahawks Front Office

On KJR-AM this morning, departing Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren told interviewer Mitch Levy that in the past year, he had changed his mind in regard to his upcoming retirement, and that his overtures to delay his retirement for at least another year were rebuffed by Seahawks management. Holmgren specifically cited former Packer Green Bay Packer QB Brett Favre who had decided to return to football after announcing his retirement, saying "sometimes we change our minds." Holmgren also admitted that this season's woes will most certainly increase the likelihood that he'll return to coaching. Said commentator Hugh Millen afterward: "It is pretty clear that he's been pushed out." Shame on you, Tim Ruskell. Update: We imagine Holmgren will be cooking up a healthy dose of revenge very soon.

This...angers me. Holmgren made it no secret that this would be his last season. He was heavily hinting last season as well. The Seahawks go ahead and give Jim Mora Jr. the next HC job in the wake of this...Yet Holmgren makes this decision and the Seahawks are supposed to go back on Jim Mora and give it to Holmgren, who will probably retire the very next season? Let’s say we say "Fuck Jim Mora!" and keep Holmgren. Mora leaves (or possibly sues over breach of contract), Holmgren gives us a less then spectacular season, and then leaves. Now Seattle has no head coach. A disillusioned team. And an even more pissed off fanbase.

And further, let’s assume this took place during the season. Why the *FUCK* would the Seahawks management give him another season? WE ARE 2-11. And every season since 2005 has been a steady decline leading to this freefall. This isn't even a Brett Farve issue, because atleast Farve had a good season on his way out. Holmgren has given us the worst record Seattle's had since 1992. Sixteen years.

I think at some point after 2005, Holmgren lost the team. I dunno where. I dunno why. But I've had the feeling for awhile that they just don't care for Holmgren anymore. If they did, they wouldn't be out there half-assing Holmgren's "retirement season" like they are. Except for Hasselbeck, of course, who would gladly throw his life away on the field if it meant he could fucking win.

I can make the 49ers a winner real quick. 5 yrs, 40 million for Matt Cassell, sign a big time playmaker wide out or tight end... I forget who's a free agent this upcoming off-season. Add beef to the defensive line and find yourself a head hunting safety.

Is Terrell Owens married? Like, seriously? Has this guy been seen with a woman?

He's still my most obvious pick. Looking for that male attention figure he never had, always calling other players gay, and just being a flamboyant dick.

Wait...theres more...

Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:13 am EST

Owens calls Emmitt, Keyshawn 'dumb and dumber'

Terrell Owens fired back at ex-Dallas Cowboys Emmitt Smith and Keyshawn Johnson for their non-stop criticism of the current edition of America's Team.

According to the Dallas Morning News, without prompting, Owens fired a few shots at Keyshawn and Emmitt today.

"Those two need their own show — Dumb and Dumber," said T.O., who was otherwise jolly while sporting a Cowboys-customized Santa cap and blinking red nose.

Owens called Smith a hypocrite for publicly calling the Cowboys a bunch of individuals, then leaving a message on Greg Ellis' cell phone to pass onto the team. (T.O. wouldn't say what the message was.) T.O. also pointed out that Emmitt doesn't even know the name of the rookie running back who starred against the Steelers, since No. 22 apparently referred to Tashard Choice as Rashard.

As for Keyshawn, Owens pointed out for the 1,348th time that the Cowboys gave Keyshawn a pink slip so they could sign him.

"Obviously, this guy is still really jealous of me," Owens said, "because I'm here and this guy is in the booth talking about me and the Cowboys."

Source: Dallas Morning News

I didn't realize until today, but a Ravens win over the Steelers could create some fairly ridiculous tie-breaker scenarios. I won't go into every possible situation, but if Baltimore beat Pittsburgh then lose at Dallas and the Steelers lose at Tennessee, then the two teams beat the Jaguars and Browns week 17 then they tie on head to head, division, common games, and conference. The tie breaker would end up strength of victory which would come down to which group has the better record between Baltimore's Miami-Oakland-Philly group and Pittsburgh's New England-San Diego-Dallas group. Turns out that Eagles tie could end up being the AFC North tie breaker.

If the Ravens pull out the win vs the Steelers, then the Ravens will win in Dallas. Dallas will get eliminated from the playoffs vs the Giants Sunday night and pretty much be in self destruct mode by next Saturday night. Only thing Id be slightly worried about is that it'll be the last game at Texas Stadium but honestly its not like Yankee Stadium (where I pretty much knew the Os had no chance to win that game). But they have to beat the Steelers first..

Amazingly if the Ravens win out (last game is a gimme vs Jax), they will be the #2 seed and have a bye which would be all kinds of awesome.