TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL PLAYOFFS

Wow, that was one of the more shocking playoff results ever. Even the few who thought the Cardinals could win this game likely didn't think they would squash the Panthers like that. How can Carolina even think about bringing Jack Delhomme back after that debacle?

So the Titans got the game ripped away on a few fronts. The refs screwed em on that one call which we will probably learn more about tomorrow. But you know, Flacco made some decent throws when he had too. And I know people are saying he's just Trent Dilfer but for a rookie quarterback, being Trent Dilfer is a GOOD thing. Don't try to do too much, don't turn the ball over, make a big throw when one is needed. Matt Ryan tried to be more than Trent Dilfer against Arizona, how'd that work out? And I'm not counting his pass to Heap as one of the big throws cause I don't know what the play would have been following an the delay. If it's the same play with the same coverage then that would have still been a 12 yard gain so same result but I'll discount it.

The 9 yard out to Clayton and the deep ball to Mason were good throws. But he didn't have anywhere NEAR as much to do with that win as the Ravens defense. Ripped out two fumbles, picked one and just overall had a bend don't break style. Like Bill Cowher said, the Titans had chances and they failed to capitalize. They pulled a Sooners on the goal line and got bounced. But I don't think anyone is going to sing the praises of Flacco other than he's doing what you want from a rookie in a big game. Still, if I'm the Titans I'm beyond pissed and unless there is another reason like the officials have a different clock on the field than that clock then I don't know what to say other than "wow, you guys got hosed."

I'll tell you this much right now Raven fans, you have officially become fans of the team everyone is going to want eliminated from the playoffs. Not because you are dangerous, but because there is now going to be a feeling of you cheated. Granted the Ravens didn't cheat but they benefited from the blown call so welcome to hatredville.

Arizona vs Panthers...Jake Delhomme turned into Playoff Jake again.

I'll tell you this much right now Raven fans, you have officially become fans of the team everyone is going to want eliminated from the playoffs. Not because you are dangerous, but because there is now going to be a feeling of you cheated. Granted the Ravens didn't cheat but they benefited from the blown call so welcome to hatredville.

So the Ravens are basically the 2001 Patriots? The Play Clock Game doesn't roll off the tongue like the Tuck Game though.

So the Ravens are basically the 2001 Patriots? The Play Clock Game doesn't roll off the tongue like the Tuck Game though.

Basically yeah. Although the tuck rule proved to be an actual rule. The "play clock can expire for two seconds in a playoff game on a pivotal drive with third down" I doubt is an actual rule. And if it is, there are going to be a lot of pissed fans. Plus the Pats screwed over the Raiders and ended up facing the "Stupidest coach on turf" in the Super Bowl. About the only people pissed were the Raider fans I believe and they still can't accept it's a rule to this day.

Either game though should be a good one. Ravens vs Chargers will be Phillip Rivers against Ed Reed and I look forward to that. Ravens vs Steelers well, that will just be part 3. I know though this next game Flacco is going to make a mistake. He's a rookie and eventually the jitters hit and Trent Dilfer becomes Elvis Grbac. It's just the way it is going to go.

Guest Smues
cmon Super Bowl: Mediocrity. Cardinals vs. Chargers.

That's actually my preferred match-up that's left, and other than that Cardinals Steelers I'll take too.

cmon Super Bowl: Mediocrity. Cardinals vs. Chargers.

At this point I have to cheer for the Cardinals in the NFC over my #2 (Eagles) and #3 (Giants) most hated teams in the NFL. As far as the AFC goes I know a lot more obnoxious Chargers and Steelers fans than Ravens ones, so even in spite of Marvin I am cheering for them. If I had to pick between them though, I'd go with the Chargers because I am way less sick of any players on their team than I am of Big Ben.

Come now, that's really not fair. He had the best QB rating of any QB still in the playoffs going into the game, and that lead would've gone even higher if you discount his chokejob in the 06 NFC title game.

...which means he's had 2 awful postseason games in a row. oh god my favorite team is quarterbacked by an amalgam of Brett Favre and Tony Romo, and we don't have a first-round pick this year. :(

Man does the NFL ever suck right now. I can't believe I'm actually reduced to rooting for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

The games have been really good for the most part, even if the teams you wanted to win didn't.

Man does the NFL ever suck right now. I can't believe I'm actually reduced to rooting for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

The games have been really good for the most part, even if the teams you wanted to win didn't.

What games were you watching yesterday? Turnovers don't make really good games.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Did you not watch those TEN and BAL defenses square off? Good god, that was as bloodbath. What a great game.

Come now, that's really not fair. He had the best QB rating of any QB still in the playoffs going into the game, and that lead would've gone even higher if you discount his chokejob in the 06 NFC title game.

...which means he's had 2 awful postseason games in a row. oh god my favorite team is quarterbacked by an amalgam of Brett Favre and Tony Romo, and we don't have a first-round pick this year. :(

15/35, 196 yards, 1-3

17/34, 205 yards, 1-5

When that is your lines for your last two playoff starts, it might be the end for you. The thing I noticed with Delhomme is he'll stare down the receiver and then throw blindly towards the spot even if he knows the guy is covered. So he doesn't look off the safeties, he just flings it. Then when the game is firmly on his shoulders, he starts forcing even more balls into bad spots. It's increasingly strange since in the regular season, he DOESN'T DO ANY OF THAT!

Two touchdowns and 8 interceptions with 50% or less completion percentage. Both to NFC West teams. Man Jake, just man.

As far as the delay of game non-call goes, it happens ALL the time. I understand that this instance is magnified because of the situation, but it's common for a team to get a couple of beats after the 00 shows.

So let's say a penalty is called. That turns 3rd and 2 into 3rd and 7. They would have had 2 downs to make 7 yds. How can we say without doubt that they would'nt have made that when we just saw them make the 23 yd play to Heap?

The pass to Heap took them to the Tenn 45. A false start penalty moved it back to the 50. They then moved an additional 25 yds to move into FG range.

So, yeah the non-call was one of the many breaks that the Ravens got, but it did not win the game. The Titans have no one to blame but themselves.

Didn't the Eagles draft Tony Hunt a year or two ago to be the power back? They made that TD look harder than it needed to be.

Well, Flag Happy Black Ref is doing this game, so you can expect quite a few more

Ok so where was the call on Samuel? Ooooo another call on the Giants.

Edit

Intentional grounding in the endzone. Safety!!!! 7-5 game now.

The Giants are going to lose here. They've dominated the Eagles on both sides of the ball except for that one case of Eli being Eli and the prevent preventing us from stopping the Eagles as they walk up and down the field to take the lead. They should be up by double digits and instead are losing by 2 with the Eagles getting the ball first in the 2nd half. When Westbrook delivers the inevitable backbreaker we'll be down by two scores and with the way Eli's throwing the ball that'll be more than enough to secure the stomach punch of all stomach punches to fans of this team.

The Giants are going to lose here. They've dominated the Eagles on both sides of the ball except for that one case of Eli being Eli and the prevent preventing us from stopping the Eagles as they walk up and down the field to take the lead. They should be up by double digits and instead are losing by 2 with the Eagles getting the ball first in the 2nd half. When Westbrook delivers the inevitable backbreaker we'll be down by two scores and with the way Eli's throwing the ball that'll be more than enough to secure the stomach punch of all stomach punches to fans of this team.

Giants defense has been great so far today outside of that stupid prevent defense to end the first half. They need to go back to the running game and control the clock.

Scratch that

Eagles just converted on 3rd and 20.

Curtis just dropped a wide open sure to be touchdown pass

Eagles convert yet again on 3rd down.

The Giants can stop 3rd and short, but get 3rd and 10+ and it's almost a given that you'll convert.