TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 19, 2009

So is Vince going away again now, or is he going to be "bitter injured Vince".

I'm also surprised Stephanie wasn't trying to get someone to get him some water as well.

Okay...Steph is probably the worst actor I've ever seen...

And this was the first Raw I've enjoyed in quite some time. If they keep this up, I'll have to start watching again. Orton is a great heel. I'm guessing this leads to Vince screwing him at the Rumble.

Okay...Steph is probably the worst actor I've ever seen...

And this was the first Raw I've enjoyed in quite some time. If they keep this up, I'll have to start watching again. Orton is a great heel. I'm guessing this leads to Vince screwing him at the Rumble.

Or, I shudder as I type this...

Orton vs. McMahon at Wrestlemania

Ok I admit it, I marked out. That was awesome. I still hope Orton wins the Rumble. I think the fans popped as well for it.

That was fucking awesome. Great way to end the show. Orton fucking rules.

It's going to be HHH vs Orton. He's going to be outed as married to Stephanie. Bet the house on it.

Jericho weaseling out was perfect for his character as well. The final segment was great - especially how Vince took the moves like a champ and Randy acted the part really well.

Orton served time in the brig before for going AWOL from the military - I wonder if they'll write that in as well.

RandyisGod.jpg

Yes.

Stephanie and Orton were together all the time and this was a rouse?

That's the only explanation I can come up with now

steph didnt want to share RAW GM duties probably so this makes a bit of sense.

to further elaborate, the whole thing to get Orton out there was planned after Jericho got Vince back because Steph knew Vince would want to be RAW GM again and she didnt want to give that up.

Steph/Orton alliance would eventually out HHH as Steph's wife finally and they could have a match at WM somehow.

for what reason? He has a chance for a title shot by winning the rumble. If this was in the summer, maybe. Maybe this leads to Austin/Orton.

for what reason? He has a chance for a title shot by winning the rumble. If this was in the summer, maybe. Maybe this leads to Austin/Orton.

Now there's an interesting set-up: Vince is forced to go to his mortal enemy to take power back.

Now there's an interesting set-up: Vince is forced to go to his mortal enemy to take power back.

If Orton faces Austin, who does Cena face? Especially if HBK/JBL is the title match, that leaves Cena with nothing to do.

If Orton faces Austin, who does Cena face? Especially if HBK/JBL is the title match, that leaves Cena with nothing to do.

Good point...

However, they can always do Cena/Undertaker, which would be huge.

Undertaker.

I wasn't a big fan of Orton showing shock after the kick. It would have been a bajillion times cooler if he just walked off with a smirk on his face, all "yeah, don't fuck with me."

Me neither. But you can't win them all! I'll take it.

Despite the little focus on the Rumble in the last Raw beforehand, tonight's angle has led me wanting to see the Rumble and Raw next week far more than any "clusterfuck melee, what's gonna happen Sunday" possibly could have. Fantastic, fantastic ending.

Yeah I was thinking Cena/UT as well, have been for a while if Cena isn't in the title match. There just isn't a compelling title match for Cena at WM against the various guys on Raw. Nothing we haven't seen a dozen times.

I have to hand it to Orton. Tonight was the first time I've ever marked out for the guy. His rant on Steph in the back was something a lot of fans have felt for years, and him beating the crap out of Vince was shocking and cool.

Where does Jericho fit into any of this though? No idea.

Thats what I think. Steph is the one who tried to kill him and had Orton punt him tonight.

Ha...no Benoit mention.

Well...they did say two superstars who have entered the Rumble first have won the Rumble (they only showed HBK highlights though).

Thats as close as they have come to mentioning him in awhile.

Thats what I think. Steph is the one who tried to kill him and had Orton punt him tonight.

Heheh. I have to say this...

Rewatching Royal Rumble 2003, they had a backstage segment with Orton, Bischoff and Steph. Funny to see them friendly (Steph and Orton) in that.

...and funny to see Orton with his haircut there.

That's what I was thinking too. However, that HHH/Orton match idea isn't bad either if they have Orton out the first family.

However, Orton/Austin may have more juice if I think they are going to do LEGACY with Stephanie behind it.

This is good, they got my interest and it's open on where it could go.

Awesome ending segment, even if it went really long. Vince took the stiffest punt from Orton since Cena's Dad. Mike Knox's "reason" for attacking Mysterio week after week was great.

I really like how CM Punk always celebrates winning any title like he has won the Super Bowl. Even with the Intercontinental Title, he made you believe his dream just came true. Jumping into the crowd, celebrating all over the place, hometown or not, he looked genuinely happy. The only downer was Michael Cole wondering if "CM Punk would achieve his lifelong dream of being IC Champion". Yea, I'm sure the former World Champion has just been frothing at the mouth wanting a shot at the IC gold. He's already won the top gold in ECW and RAW. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Doesn't this technically make him a Grandslam winner now, and not just a Triple Crown winner?

I wasn't a big fan of Orton showing shock after the kick. It would have been a bajillion times cooler if he just walked off with a smirk on his face, all "yeah, don't fuck with me."

Agreed, but everything else in that segment was both conceived and executed really well. Orton is fantastic. And I'm digging the HBK/JBL thing a lot, too. Good show tonight.