TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Mock Draft

I originally was going to take Nolan Ryan, but I changed my mind and went with Cy Young instead. 511 wins is just to hard to pass over.

Anyway since it's my pick, I'm going to start on my infield with...

erniebanks.jpg

Ernie Banks

I almost took Maddux. I was deciding between Maddux and Pedro, but in the end, I couldn't take a guy responsible for so much childhood summertime angst. There's one more pitcher still out there I really like, and I plan on having my rotation 80% by tomorrow. These are fun again.

C Yogi Berra

Yogi-Berra-751660.jpg

Forget the personality. This is a player who won three MVP awards in five seasons. He finished top four in MVP voting in seven consecutive seasons. An outstanding player.

Moving around the infield, second basemen, Charlie Gehringer. Perhaps a reach, but a guy valued equally for his bat and glove.

*1937 AL MVP

*Finished in Top 6 of MVP Voting in five consecutive years, which I will go with. Batted over .325 with 200 hits and 100 RBI, then led the league in fielding percentage and assists in each of those seasons.

T012026A.jpg

Johan Santana. No picture because I'm in a hurry. I wanted Mathews, and since he's gone I had no time to actually do research today. Bah.