TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Mock Draft

I considered Reggie Jackson and thought about playing him in left field, but I figured I'd keep all positions legit

I knew I could keep him at right field (since Tony Gwynn spent time and excelled at all three outfield positions so he's flexible) so he's a no-brainer for me.

Sorry I'm late. Slept through my turn due to being up late trying to figure out which way the volcano ash from coming, so of course after being prepared it missed us.

plaque_110480.jpg

Frank Baker

Sorry I missed out, its my woman's iPhone, so its not easy to get access to her phone at 7am. Anyway, my pick:

axg3MZhl.jpg

SP Ed Walsh

Beware of the spitter!

Well, I need some pop in my lineup, and I need to grab a 1st baseman before anymore get stolen from me, so...

112560-004-442F92E2.jpg

Willie McCovey

Well I had a tough decision that pinjockey just made easy. Since my choice was between Hernandez and this guy.

A lot of people may overlook him since his career was short (only 10 full seasons) but when a guy's peak lasts his entire career, that's saying something. In those 10 seasons, this guy never had less than 23HR's and 95RBI's, had less than 150 hits only once and, if not for his dislike of the media, would've won an MVP or two. Might be a bit early but I lost out on the Big Hurt so I aint losing out on him.

belle-clev.jpg

Albert Belle, DH/LF

billy-hamilton-1.jpg

Billy Hamilton

He'll play center and bat leadoff. Hit for .344 career and got on at a .455 clip. 912 career steals. 2,000 hits, 1,000 runs. And according to baseball reference, he was never caught stealing! 912 for 912!

Oh motherfucker I was up in plenty of time and actually just waiting for SP to make a pick or it to be noon but then I got sidetracked. One of these days I'll pick on time again!

John Smoltz

John%20Smoltz.jpg

Because I needed an ace closer, and he can work as a starter too.

billy-hamilton-1.jpg

Billy Hamilton

He'll play center and bat leadoff. Hit for .344 career and got on at a .455 clip. 912 career steals. 2,000 hits, 1,000 runs. And according to baseball reference, he was never caught stealing! 912 for 912!

You know that's because they didn't keep caught stealing numbers then, right?

Updated the front page. Have I missed anyone's picks?

I need a mustache...

CL/MR Dennis Eckersley At his peak, he was putting up ERAs of 1.56, 0.61 (Are you kidding me?!), and 1.91. He also went 37-18 with a 2.99 ERA in back to back seasons as a starter for kicks.

Dennis_Eckersley_Auto_Card4_mid.jpg