TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Mock Draft

With my next pick, I am going to take a DH, and a guy who in his prime just couldn't seem to get out without making contact.

ortiz.jpg

DH David Ortiz

I went back and forth between two pitchers, but finally settled on the Hall of Famer. I'd be esctatic to get them both.

dondrysdale.jpg

Don Drysdale.

“The trick against Drysdale is to hit him before he hits you.” - Orlando Cepeda.

God dammit! This is the second time I'm late by like a half hour and lose out on my next pick. First my favorite player of all-time and now one of my favorite pitchers of all-time (Schilling). but with Schilling and Niekro gone I need another pitcher. So I pick another great fielding pitcher (7 gold gloves) who was a consistant winner:

Mike%20Mussina.jpg

Mike Mussina

This guy covered a shitload of ground and was one of the fastest players ever. Good hitter too:

cool_papa.jpg

James "Cool Papa" Bell.

Good pick, I'm a big Larry Walker fan. Greatest Canadian baseball player other then Fergie Jenkins, and he's a borderline hall of famer if you ask me. Problay would've made the Hall if it wasn't for injurys.

Since I can't believe this guy is still around, I have to change my plan and pick him up, I guess as DH.

1B Eddie Murray

My ninth round pick won his first MLB game at the age of 31, and went on to win 197 in his career. He led the league in ERA three times, and seven times led the league in strikeouts.

dazzy-vance-hof.jpg

Dazzy Vance

He's considered to be the best fielding third baseman of all-time before Brooks Robinson came along and had a lifetime batting average of .320 with only 278 strike outs in nearly 8,000 at bats. Talk about a guy who knows how to get on base.

200px-Pie-traynor.jpg

Pie Traynor, 3B

andruw-on-manny.jpg

Andruw Jones. CF

I know it's a homer pick, and I wanted to hold off a few more rounds on him, but I just couldn't pass up. One of the best fielding center fielders of his generation, and a power hitter too. Plus since it's just a sim league I won't have to watch him strike out on pitches that drop 3 feet in front of the plate so it's all good.