TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Crying over a wrestler's death is pathetic

I felt bad for his family and friends but I didn't cry. It's sad but I don't see the problem with people crying over someone they don't know personally dying. Guy could have been a role model or their favorite or hell they just don't like seeing people die young.

You watch someone most of their career and yeah, you'll feel closer to them. I'm sure the people who died after the death of Kurt Cobain or Elvis weren't pathetic people. It's having emotions and it doesn't make you less of a person.

Was it a little overdramatic? Yeah, but so what.

There's a difference over being a bit bummed and what has gone on in the WWE folder tonight and most of yesterday.

I feel for his family and friends, but people who just watched him on TV and were never affected personally by him just bawling and calling it the worst day of their life and stuff is pathetic.

There's a difference over being a bit bummed and what has gone on in the WWE folder tonight and most of yesterday.

I feel for his family and friends, but people who just watched him on TV and were never affected personally by him just bawling and calling it the worst day of their life and stuff is pathetic.

The thing is, you can be effected personally and never meet someone. It's entirely possible. And they have been watching him for what? 20 years? The guy gave his body for them, I don't see the problem with a few of em shedding a tear as a way to honor a guy who put his body through hell to entertain em.

The RAW folder tonight...yeah it's had moments of psycho. But seeing people cry when they are big strong guys who shouldn't be crying can get to people. Worst day of their life? Yeah, that's crossing a fucking line.

I never said it was the worst day of my life, and frankly I hardly remember anyone saying that. In fact I've had a pretty damn good day. The only time I teared up was during Benoit's tribute and that was mostly because of the shock of seeing him break down like that.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I got teary. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Going on and on and acting silly about it, is a bit ridiculous but all that it really means is that Eddie was just that great...

And that Downhome is a pussy.

i'm a horribly miserable bastard who'd usually be thought of to agree with frigid soul. but i won't. well in some instances, some posters have really laid it on thick with their eddie guerrero admiration. they've wasted about 10 posts dedicating their tears to their fallen hero. excessive - yes. but c'mon, are we not all human? his life, personal problems, & subsequen death is heartbreaking. how can it not be? there are many people who have probably had more serious deaths/events in real life which trivialize eddie's death some. thats fine. but don't act like a blatant asshole to others who admit that eddie's death has affected them in some way. its certainly affected me. its been on my mind since the first time i heard about it. no tears, no going through my mental eddie guerrero roladex to find eerie foreshadowing to his death, no angry e-mails to espn but its been on my mind. he was my favorite wrestler. it just makes me thankful for everything i have in my life. and to value it all.

there

thats as emo as ill ever get for any of you. ever. you can ridicule me at your leisure. seriously.

Banky, the way you acted is absolutely normal. People should be thankful that they got a chance to watch him week in and week out as he was a great performer. The crying, dedicating songs to him, finding Survivor Series commercials to have eerie sub-meanings and other crap is over the edge and ludicrous.

I'm still in shock that at 38 years old he's gone. Its way too young to go for anybody that good of a human being. As I previously said I also feel for his family and friends as its not an easy time to lose a loved one. I'm not totally heartless here, I just think alot of the reactions of the people in the WWE folder both tonight and yesterday are way overboard and just pathetic.

My feelings are similar to Banky's. I was saddened to hear about Eddie's death, but I didn't cry myself to sleep. Guys like Jericho and Benoit, guys that actually knew Eddie personally like a brother, THEY have all the right in the world to be very emotional over this. Me? I'll just remember what a great worker he is and watch some matches of his as a tribute.

Basically, that's what I've been doing. The only time I'll get depressed is by thinking of the void he leaves behind with his family and friends - the way he turned himself around because of them, then to lose it all so suddenly. I'll be numb for a little while, but to me it's more about the fragility of life. It changes the way you think about things, especially what is to be valued in your life.

Guest Leelee

I didn't get emotional either. I didn't watch Raw, because it felt inappropriate to do so. I don't want to share in WWE's grieving, because they knew the man that was Eddy, and I didn't.

And yes, there's a LOT of overexaggeration by the kids in the WWE folder...

But, the posters who did the haiku shit... and aren't banned simply because they're "established" posters... you're all pathetic.

This is the one and only post I'll ever say anything about this topic.

-For starters, much of this is yet another reason to just bash me. I said that I shed a tear when I heard about the news, and I shed a tear at the start of RAW. Honestly, I don't see how almost anyone could hold back the tears after that RAW opening. Seeing all of those guys in that emotional state, the "Thank you Eddie" chants, the ten bell salute, and the video. It was very touching stuff, beacuse it was all real. Of course I don't know the guy like any of them, but just knowing what they are going through is hard to actually see like what we did on RAW tonight. I've had hardly any contact with Eddie, I met him once for just a second, but I've seen him wrestle live plenty of times. He was also my second favorite active wrestler, which I've said plenty of times in the past.

-Do you people never get emotional when watching certain movies or TV shows? There have been plenty of times I've seen people say they cried over episodes of Lost (Locke's first episode I think) and other stuff such as that. That shit is fake though, it's fine to get emotional over film and TV shows, but in the end it's still fake. What you have seen the past two days is real life, this is what really matters.

But I'm sure you hardasses never get emotional over anything at all. Not any TV show, not any film, nothing. More power to you all if that's the case, way to go. To me the point of watching certain shows and films are to take you through the emotions. To scare you, make you laugh, and even make you cry.

But if some of you don't "get that", then I really feel sorry for you. That's what I call pathetic...not someone shedding a tear or two over the death of a real person, and shedding a tear or two over seeing what it has done to those closest to him.

This isn't just about me, it's about all of the guys you have been seemingly getting off on bashing just because you are emotionless assholes.

In short, fuck off.

i find it quite humorous that the two most unstable & immature posters here attempt to belittle & patronize people's real emotions. obnoxious & contrived emotions or not, surely the crazed twosome has them beat for sheer insanity.

i find it quite humorous that the two most unstable & immature posters here attempt to belittle & patronize people's real emotions.  obnoxious & contrived emotions or not, surely the crazed twosome has them beat for sheer insanity.

Banky, I want you to know that I would cry if anything happened to you. Lets hug

FM is stupid for starting this thread, and Downhome is stupid for replying in it. People are going to feel how they feel. Let it go. No one is any "cooler" or better somehow because they did/did not cry. Unless you have a degenerative muscle disease in whichever hand you use to operate your mouse, it's not hurting you any to scroll past it.

For what it's worth, I was at the taping last night, and it had the atmosphere of a wake to it. A lot of people did cry, but it was really a celebration. It was an emotional night, and I don't think anyone should feel bad if they let it out like that.

Guest Leelee
Was unbanned out of boredom

How nice of you to give your completely unfounded opinion.

Edit: Unless you didn't reference me. In that case, carry on.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Where the fuck do you get off telling everyone how to feel you unemotional piece of shit? People can feel about this however they want. If they want to cry, cry. If they want to mourn, fucking mourn. Get off your high horse and get the fuck out if you don't like it.

Where the fuck do you get off telling everyone how to feel you unemotional piece of shit? People can feel about this however they want. If they want to cry, cry. If they want to mourn, fucking mourn. Get off your high horse and get the fuck out if you don't like it.

No!

This isn't the worst day of my life...I've had a lot worse. I don't, for one second, mind admitting I cried though. Call me pathetic, I really don't care. I'm emotionally attached to wrestling, so when something sad happens, I cry. God forbid some emotion is shown.