TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Crying over a wrestler's death is pathetic

This isn't the worst day of my life...I've had a lot worse. I don't, for one second, mind admitting I cried though. Call me pathetic, I really don't care. I'm emotionally attached to wrestling, so when something sad happens, I cry. God forbid some emotion is shown.

I do not think anyone sees anything wrong with being upset over what occured. I get the feeling this thread is mostly about Downhome, and his need for a penisplacity. As soon as I read a couple of his posts in the raw thread I could not help but laugh.

This isn't the worst day of my life...I've had a lot worse. I don't, for one second, mind admitting I cried though. Call me pathetic, I really don't care. I'm emotionally attached to wrestling, so when something sad happens, I cry. God forbid some emotion is shown.

Yeah, but you're a chick, so it's okay. Plus, FFMS has that crush on you and all. I'm sure he'll forgive you.

I'm not sure what Frigid actually expected. It's always like that in the WWE Folder when someone dies. While obviously sad ocassions, people really seemed to lay it on a bit thick at times regarding Bossman and Crash's deaths when they suddenly became everyone's favourite wrestlers. Eddie's death was always bound to get a big reaction.

I was shocked when I first heard about it and changed my avatar in respect, but that's about it. It's tragic, sure, but life's like that. I didn't physically know him so it seems weird to 'mourn' him. But I'm not going to despair just because someone else on a message board does either. Each to their own and stuff.

Wow, someone quoted me.

Anyway, I didn't cry when I found out, but I was incredibly down for the day, and I will most likely find Raw hard to watch. I explain peoples reactions this way. People like myself and everyone here, wrestling fans, there are some that we idolise, that we dream about seeing, meeting, and even wrestling. When someone like that dies, so dies a part of our dreams.

People have every right to feel how they want about Eddie's death, and some people chose to cry. Certainly Downhome was one of those, and people feel the need to take him to the cleaners for it. He's a big boy, he can take it. But you won't stop him for feeling the way he felt, just like you won't stop anybody else. Eddie was a part of my hopes and dreams, I wanted to wrestle, and Eddie was one of the guys I dreamt about standing across the ring from. That dream will no stay a dream, and that saddens me.

Yep, a tad emo, I'm sure. But fuck it, that's how I feel about the whole situation.

Eddie Guerrero's death.

It sucks, that goes without saying, but I didn't know the guy, I never met the guy, and I was never attached to him in any manner other than through a television screen. I mulled over it for a brief while, but way too many posts in the death thread were laughably over the top in their sorrow. It was "the room, it's spinning" x100

I'm not saying it to be "hard", "cool", "contrary" or whatever other buzzword you people will feel like tossing out at this post, I'm saying it because most of it was just so embarassing. Saying "RIP Eddie" is fine. Going over the top with "I cried and cried and cried and wet myself and here comes the vomit" is not.

Oh noes! I deleted the Republican Playground and people are STILL upset :(

I forgot to put Kingofthe909 on ignore.

Not just that you deleted a board. You deleted it because a girl, that you don't even really know, decided she didn't want to talk to you anymore.

A good friend of mine is married to Eddie's cousin...I met the guy a few years back...so yea this hits hard in their home and mine as well. Heartless bastards.

I shed a few tears during RAW, but thats it. People cry during movies, thats worse than crying over a death. Granted you didn't know the person on a personal level, but they still effected your life for more than 2 hours, unlike a movie.

But I also do feel some people went a little crazy with this, I forget who, but watching the eddie DVD and crying during the thing...just a little much. But hey thats just not for me, they can react however they want. I'm not going to insult them for it.

the only thing that really got me, last night, was Benoit's speech...choked me up slightly...otherwise, rather than mourning and balling and boohooing, I watched and enjoyed a damn good Raw dedicated to a damn good wrestler...

Guest Fishyswa

It's so sad that some people actually think it's cool to not show or have emotions. THAT is worth crying over.

Of course when it's from some idiot who deleted a forum because he's not MATURE enough to deal with emotions like an adult, then it just becomes funny.

Eddie dying was sad, the show was sad. When humans are stimulated with sadness, water and salt often comes out of the ocular cavity. Some people apparently think it's what happens before your penis falls off, but it's not the case.

People can die over the death of a stranger all they want ... there's just no reason to post repetitive 'i'm crying now' updates. If you're that upset, take a few minutes to regain your composure ... don't rush online to tell everyone.

And if people were half as upset in real life as they came across on the board, I can say -with no pride or exaggeration- that they cried more over Guerrero than I did over real life friends that have passed.

girls are allowed to cry

Cartman can be upset too since he apparently has some kind of connection to the family.

It seems the only thing people here can insult me for is deleting that horrid board, and I've said over and over and over again that even if said person had spoke to me I was going to delete the damned thing. I had been talking to Sandy about deleting it for a good two weeks prior.

WHY GOD WHY?!? WHY WOULD YOU TAKE HIM FROM THIS EARTH? SUCH A YOUNG AGEEE :(((((((((((((((((((((( :(* :( I FEEL LIKE FAMILY TONIGHT, GUYS, I"M GLAD YOU'RE WATCHING IT WITH ME

FIRST MOM, THEN SPARKY, NOW EDDIE

I DONT KNOW IF I CAN TAKE IT ANYMORE :'((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9

crying

crying

crying

crying

crying

my shirt is wet

crying

momgramma

EDDIE :(

getting weaker

i dont know how much more television i can take

i told my mom and her knees got weak

my dad got cold and frightened

we're all a family tonight. you're like my mom and i'm like your dad.

i dedicate this song to eddie's memory.

song of the moment: dashboard confessional :( :( :(

Guest Leelee
if I see a frog, it will remind me of Eddy's frog splash! WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I hope RVD returns with the same finishing move... because that should lead to some funny arguments here.

Eddie Guerrero's death. 

It sucks, that goes without saying, but I didn't know the guy, I never met the guy, and I was never attached to him in any manner other than through a television screen. I mulled over it for a brief while, but way too many posts in the death thread were laughably over the top in their sorrow. It was "the room, it's spinning" x100

I'm not saying it to be "hard", "cool", "contrary" or whatever other buzzword you people will feel like tossing out at this post, I'm saying it because most of it was just so embarassing.  Saying "RIP Eddie" is fine.  Going over the top with "I cried and cried and cried and wet myself and here comes the vomit" is not.

well put

I don't think anyone is saying you can't grieve or be upset about this. I was upset. Who wouldn't be? A guy we like watching on TV goes down for what, on the surface, seems to be no reason. But people tripping over themselves to show the most sorrow is pathetic, and makes the rest of us think twice about sharing how we feel.

Saying "first my (insert loved one), then (insert another loved one), NOW EDDIE?!?!?! WAAAAAAH" is NOT "just showing how you mourn." It's being an ass. I'm sorry. That's not an appropriate way to show your respect to any parties involved. If your family structure is so lacking that the death of your grandfather is equally or more devastating than the death of a wrestler you watch on TV, then I'm sorry for you. You don't need to post "I'm sobbing so hard my shirt is soaked." If you need to cry, cry. I don't blame people that got choked up last night, it was an emotional program. But you don't need to rush to the computer and start up with ridiculous hyperbole about who cried the mostest. We don't need ANNOTATED POSTS about what you're doing.

"*sits down* This will be hard."

"*gets up* I couldn't do it."

"*cries a lot* I can't stop!"

Enough said. Do you see why the rest of us are reluctant to even say we're sad?

IF the president got killed tommorrow

*freezes*

*prays for presidents safety*

people that never met him would cry. They wouldn't be called pathetic, they would just be reacting to someone they felt a connection with passing on. Same here.

Of course, if they did that above shit, they yeah...ridicule. But this is the same site were people post every emotion they have about a match. I mean seriously we have "Damn..." after a big move posted here. So I guess its pretty much the format. I didn't go in the thread because I knew I would probably get annoyed with people writing those net goodbyes that all sound fake and contrived to me. So instead of going in there and getting annoyed, I just avoided it.

It doesn't matter though. The person who had the nerve to start this thread negates any point that it was trying to make.

I was crying because Shelton couldn't even get a win in his own hometown in a throw away match...poor Shelton...

I'm still laughing about this one

The person who had the nerve to start this thread negates any point that it was trying to make.

Just because FS posted it doesn't negate concurring points made by people who aren't FS

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Czech summed it up perfectly. It was tragic, it was sad... he left behind a wife and three kids... but there's no reason to have a pissing contest over who was the most sad, or how many Kleenex you used, or whatever.

People deal with this shit differently, but to go completely overboard with it is just plain ridiculous - "OMG WORST DAY EVER"? That's just silly.

Eddy Guerrero died. It sucks. People crying over his death here is just pathetic. You don't know this man. You have no real connection with him so stop being babies.

I've seen people compare his death to them losing a family member. That is absurd and your deceased family members would feel totally disrespected if they knew you placed them in the same breath as a random entertainer.

People die, shit happens, get over it.

Yeah, I can't believe anyone would ever cry over someone's death man. You're a fucking idiot. Shut the fuck up.

The room spinning and vomiting was overboard, but there's nothing wrong with anyone crying. If people do it for movies and fictional characters dying, it's certainly okay for to do it for a real death, especially if it's somebody that they've watched every week for 10 years and may have looked up to.