TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Wow, this show got dark real quick. Lots of keeping people unhappy, jokes that make you as uncomfortable as the characters, and general bleakness (those few extra references to Dunder Mifflin's dire financial straits go a long way). Felt like this episode tried harder than any of the others to be like the original, with the tone and the willingness to pull the rug out from under its characters.

Some of the show just felt weird and awkward (especially the flashback), but that was bound to happen trying to tie up so many loose ends in one show. Overall I liked it a lot, but they're walking a fine line on the importance of Jim/Pam (I'm hoping it doesn't take over the entire structure of the show and give us another "Ross and Rachel" type thing).

I enjoyed the season premeire tonight. Thank goodness for a DVR and a cell phone. I had to call my house so work wouldn't cause me to miss the show tonight.

I like how Roy was almost in tears for letting Pam get away from him. Nice character development from him. And the mugshot was hilarious.

The people at NA just seem to hate this show- stop killing my vibe!

I do think the timing was off in the conference scene like a lot of people said

People are idiots. I loved the show last night. It was funny and had good plot development.

I think that some people weren't going to be happy unless Jim and Pam were getting married right away. I have faith that the writers will know what they're doing.

"You know if i was gay, i would be the most flamboyant gay you ever seen. I would be leading the parade covered in feathers and just be waving the rainbow flag"

That was an amazing premier.

"Maybe we could go out for a beer sometime and you can tell me how you do that to another dude."

Kevin just giggling in his interview was awesome.

They made me care about Roy.

I didn't think that was possible.

I am a huge fan of the original version...and although I think the US version is "funnier" I still hold the British version as the best sitcom I've ever seen.

But seeing where this show is taking what is, at it's core, the original 4 characters, is amazing.

And currently (aside from Veronica Mars) the best show on TV.