TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

odwightliarex3.jpg

Here are a few of my lmao moments from this episode:

How does watching a movie help? ---- They work faster after. ----Magically? ---- No, they have to to make up for the time that they lost from watching the movie.

"What? You were at the dentist?"

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU FOR REAL! I'm really going to shoot you!"

"I'm just looking."

That scene with Michael/Dwight when Dwight comes back was one of the best scenes on the show ever. Every scene of the two together tonight was fantastic, even better than usual if you ask me.

"Hug it out bitch."

i cannot in my heart of hearts call that a good episode. something about it was just...messy. it seemed more like a soap opera than anything else. now, in addition to wondering what's going to happen next with michael & jan and with jim & pam or toby & pam or roy & pam, you get to wonder what's going to happen next with dwight & angela and jim & what's-her-name. it's way too much going on, and it's too many storylines to worry about keeping straight & using screen time for, and the whole show just comes off as forced and inorganic.

i'm starting to worry that they've written themselves into a corner with office romances, and it's becoming a crutch for lazy writing. so far they've spent almost as much time this season raising questions about relationships as they did all of last season. the second season was incredibly deft at putting little tensions & conflicts into the jim/pam thing without really making it go anywhere, and we were given enough surprises in the michael/jan thing without being beaten over the head with it. i haven't seen any of that deftness this season so far. i don't tune into 'the office' to find out about who likes who, i want funny situations and good jokes. romances which don't directly result in funny situations and good jokes should not be hijacking the show.

the only thing that saved it was creed.

The show is still really good...

But its kind of collapsing under the weight of Jim and Pam not being in the same office.

It throws off the entire dynamic of the show.

Inevitibly, it would seem, the Stamford branch will be sucked into the Scranton branch and Jim will have a new girlfriend.

It's an interesting take on the Jim/Pam relationship...

But as a fan of the original I recognize that the dynamics of the show really thrive on Jim's character longing for Pam's character.

I'm sure that Jim and his new gf will force Pam back with Roy...and that's great in an "you can see it coming a mile away" way...

But...

IMO...

The show is sorta failing in the respects that made it great right now.

I understand that they need to make the Jim/Pam thing stay fresh for 22 eps a year for (hopefully) the next 5 years...

But I'm just not convinced that seperating them is the answer.

I thought they went to far with the kiss and the "I'm in love with you" at the end of last season. They could have gotten another 2 seasons of mileage out of the relationship the way that was.

Now...ratings may have dictated to them that they had to do it...as they may not last long enough to blow off the storyline...

But now what?

Ratings are better, they won the emmy...and they aren't going anywhere.

And you can never go back.

The Jim/Pam relationship has lost all of the playful innocence that made it the best thing on TV.

And you can never go back.

The cute girl in the Stamford office that killed Jim in the game ... the one that he threw the grenade at ... is infinitely hotter than Pam.

Yes, I went there.

Creed stole the episode again.

Plot points I liked:

- Kevin, in season 2, was gradually shown to enjoy Michael's sense of humour. He now seems to enjoy others unorthodox aspects of Michael as wel, such as "Movie Monday".

- While wasting time, Michael (note: second time in a row I typed "Michaels" - damn wrestling forum) only spends 30 minutes on movie Monday, perhaps realizing more would be a true waste of time. The Stamford manager whose name I forget is shown to just waste everyones time with Call of Duty for long periods of time.

Also, the call back to the runner of "Assitant Regional Manager" / "Assitant TO the Regional Manager", when Dwight said it to Michael, was awesome.

The cute girl in the Stamford office that killed Jim in the game ... the one that he threw the grenade at ... is infinitely hotter than Pam.

Yes, I went there.

You have a cold black soul. :boxing:

That was one of my favorite Office episodes ever. I laughed so loud when the Stanford boss calls Jim and Ed Helms into the conference room and starts reaming them out about how they're 'getting slaughtered out there' and it turns out he's talking about Call of Duty. The Entourage stuff was gold as well.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Yes, I went there.

I agree.

Yes, I went there.

I agree.

onewgirljimfaceyb0.gif

The scene in the last episode where Dwight finds out he's the new manager is just so fantastic. I can't stop watching it.

Between the repetitive shoulder shrugging as Michael lies (you can actually hear him do it a third time even though the camera's on Dwight) and the delivery of "Can you. ... That's so nice," I fail to see how Carell didn't cinch an emmy nom already.

"What are you doing?"

"Just looking"

"Please go back to your desk."

"In a minute".

Creed gets like 1 scene per episode, yet manages to steal it with that 1 scene for me every time.

I loved his scene in the second episode of this season where he asks Angella if he can get a check, and then she tells him they were for the buisness trip and walks away, so Creed sits down, starts eating Angella's food, and says to Meridith.

"Andrea's the office bitch, you'll get used to her. I'm Creed by the way."

and then shakes her hand as if they'd never met.

"But if you do that, you're gonna have to put out" trumps it in my book, but I feel about Stanley what most everyone else feels about Creed. Although I love Creed too.

Stanley's clock-in to clock-out character is my favorite secondary character on the show.

Stanley the Manly's freakout on Ryan in season two re: his daughter was off the chain.

"Whatchoo lookin' round here for, boy? Aint nobody gon' help you. Jesus could walk in here and he aint gonna help you!".

I watched The Carpet the other night and didn't catch something on earlier viewings. After Michael puts the entire office on a time-out Stanley rests his head in his hands and appears to go to sleep.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Episode 32 - Grief Counseling - October/12th/2006.

Michael learns that his predecessor has died, so he tries to find the best way to help his staff through the grieving process and to honor the longtime company man.

I watched The Carpet the other night and didn't catch something on earlier viewings. After Michael puts the entire office on a time-out Stanley rests his head in his hands and appears to go to sleep.

That was a fun episode, my favourite part being when Dwight is calling up to find out if he's the 107th caller over and over, and Michael gives that look to camera that Jim does.

Guest Felonies!

Oh I know, that whole sequence was too much.

"There is such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."